Ch. 17 – Arcane Academy (4)
403 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The colossal train was not just a way of transportation, but it is a powerful machine capable of going to war. At first, it was envisioned to protect the student as they travelled to the Arcane Academy. Over the years it was constantly attacked by groups, to combat this they went through trial and error to make it the destructive force it is now.

Taking inspiration from cannons on a ship, the train uses magically powered cannons. For swarms of minions or summons, they created an artillery to shoot thousands of magic arrows. Any other sort of attacks could be combatted away from the crew who stations on this machine along with the magicians that control it.

From the train door, a sturdy, tall man stepped outside. As he walked, the metal pieces off his back flew out to create steps for him. Walking out to the side next to the door, he wore a uniform, signifying he is part of the crew. He looked old with a white mustache, white hair, and with a wrinkly face. He wore a black uniform with a hat that read conductor.

The teachers seeing that the train conductor has come out knew it was ready to board the train. Each student walking on the left side, along with the teachers on the right side. Walked up the steps into the train, as they came closer to the door they were able to see the inside clearly. Lavish red carpet laid on the floor, old polished mahogany wood ran throughout the carriage and each was brightly lit to create an atmosphere of class.

Leo, who had grown up as a prince, knew luxury. He knew what expensive paintings, soft carpets, and furniture were like. But, to see the same level if not a higher amount of luxury held in this cabin alone showed that it was more expensive than the Rose Palace. A gift his mother received from the king.

Soon after all fifty people and the principal boarded the train, the conductor checked the outside to spot any stowaway's. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, he entered through the door, signifying to the train operator that all was clear, and he was free to start moving.

The steps retracted, reassembling into the door, and the gap vanished as if it never existed there before. This carriage easily fitted these fifty people inside with enough space to run around, and this was just the first one. The conductor looked over at the group of fifty as the principal walked away to the front of the train.

"Welcome aboard the Numinous Train. My name is Mottolm. I am the train conductor here to watch over your safety. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask any of the crew members." The old man smiled with a large grin and a kind face. "We have already assigned your room for you, I will be taking roll call and giving you your cabin keys. For further information, please read the pamphlet we have."

Two ladies in uniform with a red small chiffon scarf around their neck walked forward next to the conductor. "These ladies are the train attendants when I am not around you can ask them for any questions. They will show you around the train before that. I will hand over your room keys and pamphlet about the train."

"To create a harmonious aura where you can relax, each student here is assigned in groups of five. You will be sleeping in the same cabins, travelling together, and experiencing the joy of the Numinous Train while we are going to our destination. This will be the same for the teachers, they will be in the same group of five as their assigned student."

"Remember, you are not the only group here. Aside from the twenty-five students here, there are twenty-five more that have been selected by the academy to attend, they will also be your travelling partners. Make some friends on your journey." After the conductor said his final piece of advice, he left to the front as another person came out.

If the train conductor is the nice cop, then this old lady is the bad cop. She held an aura that said if you aren't behaving, I will punish you. "My name is Julio. I will make sure you all follow the rules, anyone who breaks them will have their points deducted. The Arcane Academy does not use currency, we use points. Each student will be given a hundred points, the brochure will tell you more about it."

"The same will be for the teachers, you will be placed in a team of five working together in accordance to the student you are supervising. The first group is!"

 

Meanwhile, this was happening, Lena was throwing a fit.

"I want to board that train! I want to have a fun school life in another world." H-bot was helplessly watching as Master acted as a child. Lena, who never approached this place from the danger she felt when nearing the barrier along with the massive amount of powerful auras inside, was able to see it from her user Leo. 

Since Leo was her user, she was freely able to see Leo as a way for system administrators to find out what can they do to make them stronger. It will also disconnect her when it detects malicious intent as another way to protect the users as set as a safety procedure from the creator.

<It's possible to achieve what you want.>

"I can!?"

<Yes, all system administrators can materialize an avatar to roam the planet, just as any other god or goddess is capable of. Just remember, you have to accomplish your goal, you cannot use this for personal pleasure. Think of it as a secret identity to learn more about the world, not through your users in places where you couldn't in your current form.>

"Then I need to go there! After all, I know nothing of the Arcane Academy. So how do I get an avatar?"

<It is not part of the base system. If you wish to have it, you must create it as a feature.>

"Feature? How do I make features, I always wondered after seeing it as a milestone objective. I didn't get it when I upgraded and gained four new features."

<Yes, for that milestone, you must make a feature yourself. To make a feature, one must think of what the purpose of that features is and if it is beneficial to the system. If it doesn't reach the second requirement, the feature will not be made, no matter how good the purpose is. Then the system will decide how much that feature will cost, and then you can purchase it using system points.>

"Magic school life wait for me!"

13