Ch. 18 – Finding a Way of Life
367 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Before you get excited, check it through the system if it fails to reach those requirements, I am unable to help you on this part. You must show that feature will be helpful to the system, and it will be up to the system to measure the cost of that feature how much points it will take to implement it. Here I pulled up a panel where you can submit your feature ideas to the system.>

Lena seeing the feature implementation form given by H-bot wrote down about the avatar feature.

Feature Implementation Form

 What is the feature?

    Avatar

 What is the purpose?

    So, that I can have a body to travel to places I couldn't in my current state. I can also experience what my users are feeling like, it can help me think of more new ideas that being a spectator wouldn't give.

Having finished writing her thoughts, she submitted the paper to the system to evaluate the cost.

>>> Sending Form to System >>>

REACHED MILESTONE!!!
{#4 Milestone Complete!} (Add a new Feature)
Rewarded: [Creation]

"Huh? Creation?"

<Congrats Master!>

"Oh, I thought it would be harder than that." Lena thought to achieve this she would have to do something more complicated, it was more simple than she thought at first. "... I'll take a look at this later." Turning her focus back to the form.

 

... ... ... Calculating Costs

>>> Feature [Avatar] will cost 1,000,000 System Points >>>

 

"What?" Lena didn't believe her eyes.

<It costs a million points.>

"..." Lena stared a H-bot as it ruthlessly shattered her dreams of getting a body. 

<Master... if you wish to grow stronger faster, I suggest filling in the rest of those free user slots. Then purchasing upgrades will make you reach closer to your goal... Master, find a purpose, a goal, or something you want to accomplish.>

"That's the thing... I don't know... I don't know what I want to do. Not only that, but I just... want to experience stuff and have fun, you know. Feel what it's like to fight, adventure around and explore the world, gain new experiences." Lena, frustrated, couldn't answer this question. Lena hated when the teachers would ask at the end of the year. What do you want to be? Never had she a clear answer, playing RTS games to avoid thinking about this and to have fun.

<Then won't the avatar feature help you? That can be your goal to reach a million system points.>

"A goal."

<Yes, a goal to find a purpose in life.>

"But, I don't know what my goal or purpose in life is." Lena whined to H-bot. "Right now I am a system administrator responsible for choosing how the system evolves in this world. But... that's my job that I got tricked into." Lena felt envious of those people who found a purpose to their life.

Wishing to become a doctor so those who are in need aren't denied. Who wants to create wonderful games that aren't just a cash grab. Who is willing to go to dangerous events or locations, being a real news person. Lena isn't any of that, after finishing high school she didn't have enough motivation to start college, she never had a dream job or a purpose in life. She was absolutely normal and didn't know what to do, only going to work for her daily living expenses.

Playing games, watching anime, going to work. That was Lena's previous life, so when she was chosen to be here at first. She felt scared, fearful, and confused. As the days passed, she actually enjoyed the experience, linking it to her previous favorite game genre, RTS. Real Time Strategy for short. Choosing good users who have a purpose in life next to great mentors, Lena unconsciously avoided those who were like her in this world.

"I don't know H-bot. What my goal is. What my purpose is." Lena sighed as she slumped down, sitting in her mental room with H-bot floating nearby. "People say that I wander a lot. That I am sporadic and chaotic. I just don't know what I really want."

Reflecting back when she first came here, at first it was confusion, despair, fear. After a while, Lena found it amazing seeing the magical and wonderful sites. Closing her eyes, she remembered her first feelings. Seeing the amazing sights, magic spells, different races, old buildings, and the great atmosphere.

This was different from the time when Lena confronted the system to find about its purpose and the truth. Lena herself never had a real clear goal in mind, no purpose either. Staring down at the world, she saw people going about their daily lives drinking, eating, having fun. She felt envious now, wishing she was reincarnated as a person and not as a system administrator. H-bot looked at Lena in worry.

"My goal is... To follow my heart. I just want to do my own things, not only the job of a system administrator. I want to have fun eating those new foods, I want to try out how it feels to fight. To feel the magic itself flowing out and seeing the effects caused, that said that I did it. I don't want to be just a spectator, but a player too. I want to follow my heart."

 

An invisible lock on Lena's heart and mind shattered away. The goal to follow her heart and mind cemented in her soul. Lena finally found her purpose. A wave of energy spread throughout Lena's soul, transforming her inside. 

REACHED MILESTONE!!!
{#5 Milestone Complete!} (???)
Rewarded: [???]

<Congrats Master! You achieved the fifth goal!> H-bot excitedly shouted. It took a long time, but Lena finally reached to where many other system administrators would be at in the first couple days. The fifth milestone is the simplest to complete. The rest four are for the system itself, goals to help the administrator get used to the system and how to use it.

"I feel like everything is much clearer now." Lena waved her arms in disbelief, unable to comprehend her current situation. "I can't believe I was so dumb." Lena felt like laughing at her past self for being so stupid. The solution was so simple, just do what you want to do.

<Does this mean you don't want to be a system administrator anymore?> H-bot asked worriedly.

"No. I still haven't thanked your founder. For giving me this chance, so I will accomplish its dream. And I will also do what I want at the same time! My current goal to get myself a body, so I can enjoy my second life."

'Status'

Lena, System Administrator of [Gaia]

System Version ➢ [0.2]
System Users ➢ [11 / 25]
System Points ➢ [34]
<Upgrade System>

User Features
〘Stats〙 〘Attribute〙 〘Skill〙 〘Equipment〙

System Features
〘Message〙 〘Shop〙 〘Quest〙 〘Siv〙 〘Seed〙 〘Creation〙 〘???〙

Inventory
[Cloak of Svtogolntd] {Armor, Epic} <Broken>
[Skeleton Bone Shard] {Material, Common} x50

Seeing her status, Lena then opens the upgrade panel.

Current Ver. [0.2] Next Ver. [0.3]
Required Points Needed Next Version Features
〈50 Points〉
Max User Cap 25 ➢ 50

{Upgrade System}

"16 more points for the next upgrade."
Next chapter is back to adventure, I promise. I got down Lena's character internal conflicts in this chapter. How was it?

14