Ch. 21 – A Rising Star (3)
341 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking down these rocky, rough steps, they started to sweat from the surrounding heat. The two men started to regret exploring here, as this place is nothing but a hellish landscape. Nothing here is safe for any human to enter from the hot white gas released out those rocky air vents. To the warm orange brown ground they walked on.

A complete 180 in temperature and space. If the second floor is a series of small rooms to corridors, then the third floor is a massive open cave. Large tunnels and glowing rocks. At first, they thought about exploring for the entire day, but after coming here, they understood why most never went past the third floor. 

There was simply no point, as the dangers outweighed the potential treasures. This was the line that separated the real and fake adventurer's. Most people never considered those who were under {D} rank as true adventurer's. If an {E} rank adventurer is a basic civilian adult, then {D} rank is when they start to show their physical or mental prowess.

Joln pulled on his shirt as the sweat on his neck ran down his chest. His face started to heat up from the area around. Just by walking, he felt as if this dungeon was a single day of hard work at the Colosseum. "Hey! We aren't going to explore the entire floor, right?" Joln asked his friend Coal because if he answered yes he might leave right now back to the more comfortable second floor.

Joln didn't see the point of increasing strength, you could say he just wanted to be comfortable and have fun. Never really pushing himself, only growing to this point. Coal who grew up living on scraps working for hours wanted to also have a comfortable life, yet he didn't feel that he was deserving of that lifestyle. For Coal, who believed that he was the first chosen to become the user of the System. Wanted to repay his god by doing these quests.

At first, Coal planned on staying here for a couple of hours. Now finding that he didn't take the environment into consideration, decisively decided to cut their exploration after feeling the heat. Only Coal noticed that he was not sweating as bad as his friend Joln. Taking a look at his weapon, it radiated a cool aura, lowering his body's heat.

Turning to his friend. "We will just kill a few fire salamanders. You don't have to stick with me, you really helped me in the boss room." Coal knew this floor would contain fire monsters. This is why he bought the special exploration kit sold by the Adventurer's Guild. The Adventurer's Guild isn't the only powerful group in the Kingdom of Everich.

The Adventurer's Guild works with other groups such as the Merchant Guild, Wizard Tower, and the Producers. The Merchant Guild is just what their name states, a group of merchants who regulate the prices in each part of the Kingdom. The Wizard Tower is a group of magicians who work at the tower, they purchase their creations from studying wizards or witches who are in need of money. And finally the Producers, despite this name it's actually to group all the tiny groups or solo people who create things before selling them to the Adventurer's Guild.

One of the famous Producers group is the Herbalist Kit group. It was created by a genius who thought of making kit's a never seen before invention. A small package that has everything you need to get started, many adventurers have used their products. One of their most famous kits are the dungeon exploration kit's.

For each floor of the dungeon, they create kits that you can purchase containing items that you will most likely use. Coal had purchased the third floor for the Caltovortta dungeon it was a small box that held a couple of health and mana bottles, a roll of gauze, burn medication, and medical pills.

Taking a small, unassuming box that read the words frost cream, he took it out to apply it on the points of interest from the guide. Rubbing the cream on his neck, face and wrists. Joln noticing it asked his friend. "What are you doing?"

"I'm using the frost cream." Coal answered before holding it up to Joln. "Do you want to try it?"

Thinking for a bit, Joln answers, "Sure." Taking the cream container, he placed it in the same area that his friend have done. As Joln placed it on his body, he understood why Coal bought this. "This is amazing!" Joln no longer felt like he was under the hot sun, but in a cool breeze, he even was tempted to lay down on the ground. The heat vanished from his body as the frost elements in the cream entered his body, cooling it down.

"No wonder you bought something so expensive." Joln commented on Coal.

Coal, annoyed by his friend's statement, recalled how he grew up. "It's because I am not afraid to spend money for something that I need. That is what makes me different for all those losers." Coal mumbled, remembering of the others who lived in the slums. Those spineless weaklings who are afraid of change but cannot do anything but complain. And they also couldn't think of spending, only saving forever to get it stolen or cheated out. 

Joln didn't hear or notice about his friend's annoyance. "Hey! Isn't this another person's belongings?" Joln pointed over to a ripped bag, leaving a trail into a tunnel.

Coal, noticing that it might be another adventurer, couldn't ignore it. "Let's see what happened to them." Although the third dungeon is on another level from the second it shouldn't be that dangerous that you had to leave behind belongings, it looked like it was left in a hurry. Coal's eyes darkened, thinking it was caused by other people and not the monsters.

They both stood up after examining the mess entering inside the tunnel.

11