Ch. 22 – A Rising Star (4)
280 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The situation turned grim as they walked down the tunnel. It turned from personal belongings into a trail of blood and stench got even worse. If they did not have the frost cream to keep them cool, most likely they would have already passed out due to being here for an extended amount of time in such a hot environment.

"This doesn't look good, should we just report this to the adventurer's guild?" Coal was having doubts of whether he should continue or not. Keep in mind, he just became a {D} rank adventurer recently and chasing an unknown creature he never fought before is extremely dangerous, especially in such an enclosed space. 

"I will follow you where ever you go." Joln assured his friend that he has his back. That for allowing him to get accepted by his god, that he would repay him. The gods are seen as a sponsor but not really beings of worship, and this was due to people that have reincarnated here. They didn't know that because of the coincidental reincarnations or summoning of other human beings precisely from Earth that their perspective of superstitions has lowered.

That is why you could find things you would enjoy in the modern world while having the setting of an old medieval age. Things like pamphlet's, toilet's, train's, these ideas which are said to be from geniuses who thought outside the box were actually reincarnates who wanted to have these wonderful things in this world without destroying the culture that is the medieval setting.

Coal was thinking deeply after all he was more than used to seeing the dark side of humanity, although it greatly lowered in the past centuries it still is a problem for society. People have become more logical and civil now that we have our basic needs satisfied. Able to focus on other things that aren't really necessary such as entertainment, music, or having fun during this age. "I think..."

As Coal was about to finish his train of thought, a scarce message came before him. His eyes widening in shock and his expression turning from worry and fear into bravery and fearlessness. The reason being this...

 
Hidden Quest Part I - [Mystery in the Caltovortta Dungeon]
 

 

There appears to be a mess of belongings from an unknown fellow adventurer. Not only is this state extremely unusual as being near the stairs, which all agree to be a fairly safe location. More clues have shown that this is no simple event, a trail of blood could be found leading deeper into the tunnel.

Goal ~ Find out what happened.

Difficulty ~ {E+} Rank

Reward ~ [???]

Time-Limit ~ None

Status ~ N/A

[Accept] / [Decline]

 

"A quest!" Coal shouted out in joy. 

Joln finds a panel appearing before his face and lifted his axe before noticing that it was from the god. Embarrassed, he lowered his axe before pretending he never did that. "So this is the rumored quest you have spoken to me about." Joln rubbed his chin as he read this panel, coming to the conclusion it was eerily like the quests he saw in the adventurer's guild, but with more information listed. 

The quests on the board back at the adventurer's guild only gives a brief description, the difficulty rating, the payment, and the duration. Any more info and you need to speak to the lady at the desk for minute details not given on those listings.

"Accept it Joln you won't regret!" Coal happily accepted it and with a fervor unlike before, he walked down the tunnel with confidence, knowing that he could do this. Joln seeing his friend just accepting it followed with a half grin half forced smile.

Not too long later they heard a scream, picking up the pace they ran down the tunnel to find a group of adventurer's in the center of the room surrounded by monsters.

The trail of blood led towards the group, looking at them, they found an injured adventurer sitting in the center with three others surrounding her. The scream came from one of the adventurers, whose arm was bitten by the fire salamander. Coal and Joln didn't need to talk to each other to know what to do, they had to save these fellow adventurer's.

With a dash those two seeing that the monster's attention was put on the screaming adventurer. Flew into the surrounding monsters to strike at them. Coal along with Joln ran towards the salamander the was biting on the adventurer's arm. Joln raised his axe, striking it down with his enraged status on its arm. Coal stabbed his sword into the salamanders eye. 

-47

💀 [Fire Salamander] {Lv. 5}
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▆▆▀▀▀▆

The fire salamander screamed in pain, letting go of the arm it was biting on.

Joln's face was full of anger after finding out this group of adventurers were young teens. Enraged, he subconsciously activated his skills to battle the fire salamander. Coal seeing that Joln has got that covered turned to the other salamanders around them. The monsters noticing the two new intruders became wary, backing up a few steps. 

Coal sheathed his sword before pulling out the bow he received recently. Although he wanted to cut them up after he stabbed the eye of the fire salamander, he noticed of how hot their skin was. If he wasn't covered with the frost cream, he would probably be burned from touching its scales.

Pulling the string, he released the arrow towards its general direction. Perhaps becoming lucky, Coal who knew nothing but the basics of archery struck the arrow into the eye of the second fire salamander. The arrow lodged deep into the eye made the salamander scream in pain and fear.

Seeing that these intruders were stronger than the other prey, they decided to escape, turning tail and running. The other two fire salamanders fled, leaving behind the one battling Joln behind. The last one also wished to escape but couldn't as Joln would never let it go, with rage he battled the salamander.

Coal who was about to help lowered his bow seeing that he had it under control. Turning to the injured adventurer, "Are you alright?"

13