Ch. 23 – A Rising Star (5)
334 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I thought all hope was lost. I am the worst leader ever!" Tears ran down the teenager's face. "I am so sorry!" The teenager shouted apologizes while crying to his friends. Coal and Joln stood to the side after patching them up. As those two didn't have any skills in healing they decided to cut their exploration short giving these kids their emergency healing potions.

Only two of the four were injured. One had their leg was bitten while another had their arm bitten. With the healing potions it was able to save their limbs. Coal had saved two for himself and his friend to use in emergencies but gave it to the teenagers after seeing their injuries. "What are you four doing down here?" Coal asked.

"I thought we were ready." The leader of the group looked down quietly answering. Regretting his choice that almost caused his friends to die.

"Hah~." Sighing Coal overlooked these kids. Most deaths in the adventurer's guild are those who are younger precisely those at the {E} or {D} rank are from the ones who are prone to dying the most. The reason being they don't have enough experience and have little knowledge. The higher rank you are, the less likely they are to die unless it is a calamity.

"What should we do?" Joln asked Coal.

"We will take these kids and head back out. I used up the emergency healing potions and the frost cream is almost running out." Coal stated.

"Then let's go." Joln picked up his axe walking back the way they came. The four adventurers were gloomy and fearful with that stressful situation. "Kid don't stress yourself too much. You didn't know, don't punch yourself about it. Now you learned your lesson." After saying his thoughts Joln left to walk back in the tunnel.

They could leave the dungeon instantly, but there was no need to waste an escape crystal when they have already used two expensive potions. Long ago there never existed escape crystals as there was no need. But with the existence of larger dungeons that held more than five floors it was a pain to go back and forth.

Making the exploration of those larger dungeons slow to a crawl. This all changed with the invention of escape crystals from the summoned heroes from the other world. Just as with many other technological and scientific advancements. Most of the civilians only know the otherworlds from summons not necessarily reincarnations.

With the summoned heroes many terms came into this world. Not only that even set in the medieval age it held many ideals of the present Earth along with its culture. Coal looked over to the group of four. It was two boys and two girls from their outfits there is a healer, tank, and two dps. These terms came from those heroes, and they perfectly fit the description of a standard exploration team.

"What's your names kid?" He turned to look at the young teenagers.

"I'm Fortoal, Sir." The tall kid who is the team leader answered.

"I'm Gerald." The second kid was a lean boy who was the one whose leg was bitten.

The girl who had her arm bitten who carried two daggers. "My name is Clay."

The last girl who was the healer holding the staff. "My name is Filttal."

"What about your name, sir?" Looking to the one who asked it was the tall kid the leader. His eyes were red, but the tears dried up from the heat. They decided to give their last frost cream as the kids themselves were relying on their healer to cool them down using up her mana. Leaving no room for when they truly needed it. 

"My name is Coal I am a {D} rank adventurer, and here is Joln my friend who is a gladiator." The four of them made their greetings to each other. Walking back out the dungeon they decided to split up Joln would go ahead and quickly kill the monsters picking up the drops while Coal made sure they didn't find out the secret.

It wouldn't hurt to be a little safe and not show that these two unassuming people had the backing of a sponsor. As they came to the entrance the bright warm sun lit on their faces with the refreshing clean air. Stepping out they relaxed themselves no longer on alert as there were inside the dungeon.

"I'm going out to eat you want to join me?" Joln patted Coal's back. Coal stumbled looking up to his stupid friend's grinning face deadpanned stared at him. "No I still have to report, and I also have things that I need to do." Joln rubbed his neck before waving goodbye.

"You four!" The group who was about to leave stopped after hearing Coal. "Follow me we are going to report the situation to the adventurer's guild." All four held an expression of wanting to avoid their responsibilities. "Don't worry about your first offense you will be let off with a warning. But you need to learn from the guild itself of why there is a ranking system and why you aren't allowed to just go to another floor."

After Coal brought those four to get scolded by the guild lady at the counter he left while those four were being grounded from entering a dungeon for a month. Before Coal wouldn't do all this only warning them in the dungeon, but that changed with the quest he got. 

 
<Chain> Hidden Quest Part III - [Escort]
 

 

Now that you have found out what happened, and saved these four adventurers please bring them back safely to the guild.

Goal ~ Bring them back to the Adventurer's Guild safely.

Difficulty ~ {E-} Rank

Reward ~ [???]

Time-Limit ~ None

Status ~ Complete

 

COMPETED CHAIN QUEST

Hidden Quest Part I - [Mystery in the Caltovortta Dungeon]

Hidden Quest Part II - [Danger! Become the Savior]

Hidden Quest Part III - [Escort]

 Overall Difficulty ~ {D} Rank

[Accept Rewards]

After a day of hard work Coal held a smile on his face. "Now what did my God gift me."

14