Ch. 24 – Remnants of the Last Ages
246 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a deep dark cavern hidden deep underground a great evil was brewing. The sounds of water dripping off stalactites splashed onto pointed rocks below them. This secret base hidden away from any known eyes where only the truly powerful can enter. Inside a group of robed figures sat around a round table.

"How saddening is our current condition. Having forced to hide like slum rats deep underground. What a disgrace!" A man bellowed in rage.

"What do you expect ever since our patron suddenly disappeared we no longer have the necessary defenses." A sigh came from a woman sitting next to the man.

"You mean all Gods and Goddesses ever since they suddenly vanished on the same day. The Great Shattering hmpf!" The man exhaled with anger.

"No one knows why they all vanished into thin air. It must be a super powerful entity that must be capable of taking the Gods. Otherwise, how would you explain their disappearance. Not all of them would work together to pull something like this on their own volition. This must be the work of someone higher." A quiet voice spoke out, explaining what they believed had happened.

The group of robed people began to converse with one another in this dark room. Giving out their ideas and thoughts. As they were conversing the door suddenly swung wide open. Three more robed people entered the room, as they did the group quieted down. "Everyone is finally here." The man who sat at the very end spoke for the first time seeing the three members come in.

"We apologize for our lateness, it has been quite difficult to find the right excuses to make it here." A lanky tall robed man spoke out. The other two stood quiet waiting near the door.

"Sit down we'll talk about our current plans." The three of them sat at the round table. As they sat down the man grabbed a suitcase next to his seat placing it down on the table. "We can achieve everything we ever need with this." He patted the suitcase as if it was the most valuable object in the room.

"Is this why you called an emergency meeting?" One of the three who came last asked.

"Yes, this item alone will cause great changes."

"What is it?" The angry man was getting irritated with all the vague answers.

Seeing the rest of the members wanting to see he turned the suitcase to him. To normal people it looks like a common suitcase, but it was far from it. The man cast a magic circle from his palm onto suitcase slowly unlocking the seals he himself placed upon it.

"A six-star seal? What is this item to get such an expensive protection." The calm man spoke wondering why he would use such an expensive seal on such a simple suitcase. A six-star seal is something only a kingdom would be able to afford used to protect their treasures or places of high interest. The seven-star seal is forbidden magic only used on the most important places such as the mana core of the kingdom.

Unlocking such a high rated seal is thought to be impossible needing to take around ten master decoders a whole year. If they had the code then it would still take those ten a whole week to accomplish, yet with this mysterious robed man he was able to decode it within a couple of hours.

The others knew that such a high ranked seal that the concentration of the man must not be interrupted otherwise the hidden defensive might gravely injure the rest of the people inside. To fail decoding a seal on this scale would be a cost not many can afford normal people would die, but these robed people believed they could save their lives should he fail.

After a strenuous two hours of decoding the man lowered his right hand. Placing his hands on the physical locks he flips it up popping the suitcase open. Magic flooded the entire room, before when the aura of mana was thin as air. When this mysterious item was revealed this thin air became thick causing a special phenomenon. "Liquid Mana!" One of the robed women shouted in surprise.

The man turned the suitcase to allow the other members to see the item in question. A grotesque heart laid on the red pillow, all robed members had their eyes widen in shock. "No! This cannot be! Y-You!..." The thin man shouted in fear for he knew exactly what this was. "A dragon heart."

"This isn't any dragon heart. But an elder dragon heart with 10,000 years of mana collected." The man spoke out. "With this much mana we can finally accomplish our plan." He spoke with great conviction and passion. "Now that we have one of the pieces needed our goal is one step closer to being realized." The man then closed the suitcase reactivating the seal. 

"Now that I have shown you all this I think you understand why you must not be active. The dragons have sent their successor to the human kingdom. He is followed by a powerful protector they would have never sent him here because of their pride. Lie low, we still are missing a few pieces. Don't let anyone find out that you are a member of Distratur."

"We will act once we have all the pieces, until then. Go dark!" After giving his orders he vanished along with the suitcase. 

"Space magic. What a monster." One of the women spoke with a hint of fear.

"What an enigmatic leader. But his power is real, oh how I wish for it." The thin lanky man drooled at the thought of having space magic.

As the other members left the hidden base only two people stayed here. They were hidden members the normal never knew about. A pair of twins, master of illusion and time magic. "Sis, did you notice that master was greatly injured."

"No, Sis I didn't. What makes you say so?" These were the twin prodigies Tia and Ria. Tia the master of time, and Ria the master of illusions. 

Ria spoke to her sister. "Because he barely moved, and he would have normally unlocked such a basic seal in minutes. To do so in two hours would mean he was greatly injured to get that heart."

"I see, but then what can we do about it?" Tia tilted her head questioning what knowing this would do.

"I don't know. But we will wait and see." Ria shrugged.

"Okay, Sis."

12