Ch. 31 – Hidden Power
156 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John kept silent looking straight forward. In fact, he did not know how he blocked Gerald's swift and precise strike. John only wanted to block it, and he succeeded.

Gerald noticed that John was concentrating on his movements. Gerald felt some sort of danger from the village brat before him. "You are more complex than I thought." Gerald fought John with the standard knight fighting style, but this was not his strong suit in fact holding the sword with two hands was a style he was weak in.

Gerald's fighting style suited the more barbarian ruthless fighting style of wielding a weapon in one hand. Most heavy swords are meant to be held with both hands. The two companions that travelled with Gerald knew he was much stronger and held back to the knight code of conduct. Only when faced with monsters would his combat soar to untold heights.

Charles asked Caelot worriedly. "He's not doing that is he?" The small kid in the robes pointed out Gerald's unusual stance. Caelot looked to the duel and found that Gerald was in an unusual stance. The King even laughed in a boisterous manner once he found the source of the kid's inspiration for such an unusual sword fighting style.

Gerald was nicknamed the Wind Demon to all those who fought against him. When he unleashed his style it was fast. He upturned the sword, so the blade faced upwards at an angle. Holding the sword far from his body he then cast a simple body enchantment. 

{Vat Omalt Dettl Sfvayt Lict}

His body began to look transparent. This was a special ancient spell that turned one's body into a spectral form. It allowed one to become harder to see, lightened the body allowing them to jump incredible heights. But, in return the strength and weight of the attack would be lost. 

Therefore, most would use this spell when they would track a target, a means of hiding in the shadows as an assassin. To use in combat is unthinkable. It also gave more weaknesses as magic casters would be sensitive to such glaring mana readings. Yet, this common spell would see it's full potential being used by Gerald the Wind Demon.

 

"I won't go easy on you." Gerald looked at John with a serious face. John felt danger from Gerald. Rising within, a sleeping entity awakening from the mysterious rock. 

Gerald then began to spin himself. What would be impossible became possible. Gerald with the strength of his spin began to lift into the air, flying up. The trees around started to shift as if a terrible storm has come. The leaves rustled increasingly as the gust started to build up. A wind gust was spinning towards John, and in the center of that was Gerald carried by the wind spinning with momentum.

If it were to hit him, he would be laying in bed for a whole six months. The knights that fought him had to recover for a week, and they were healed by the royal medics who often helped the royal knights in their training. 

Gerald found himself enchanted by the slow movements of John's sword. As if he was about to fall asleep, he looked mesmerized at the light, airy movements. John's eyes gave off a deep purple glow, two small specks of light dancing in the space. Drowsiness overcame Gerald as he fell flat on the dirt ground snoring.

"Huh?!"

John snapped out when he found Gerald sound asleep on the floor. Still holding his position shocked that Gerald suddenly stopped. The others likewise were even more shocked as they knew just how monstrous his stamina and energy was. To find Gerald falling asleep in the middle of the duel was unthinkable.

"Did John win?" Rosalina looked with happiness. Seeing that the rude person was on the floor she ran up to John jumping into his arms. "John you won!" John looked over with surprise this was the first time that Rosalina ever saw John angry for her sake. To know that he truly cared about her made Rosalina in a good mood.

The deep purple light vanished slumbering once more. Never moving unless it must. 

 

This was the birth of the legendary lazy sword John Alkaolno. The hidden god within the blood of the Alkaolno family.

 

===

Deep purple eye's woken inside of Fia's body.

"Disturbance to my slumber? Hath, thou fancied my chosen warrior? Power of the moon?"

The god looked at the new power entering into his chosen family. The Alkaolno family fell from grace. From the famed legendary lazy sword user John. Now only a simple baron family only holding onto it's nobility from the current family head, Vialt Alkaolno.

"No this power isn't the moon. Intangible yet compatible. Ever-changing." It reached out to connect with this power revealing itself. Grasping this power within it's hands, the power began to connect with the hidden god.

SYSTEM DETECTED HIDDEN ANOMALY WITHIN USER
[Fia Alkaolno]

*** Updating Status! ***

===

"We need cool epic classes! What should I name this?" On the piece of paper held many ideas that Lena wrote impulsively. "Maybe, [Frost Weaver]? Hm... [Cryo Spinner]? Now that sounds worse."

 

CONGRATULATIONS!

Hidden Achievement [Small Connections]. Earned 100 System Points!

 

"H-Bot why did I suddenly gain 100 points?" Lena seeing the new achievement looked up the title.

[Small Connections] - (Connect with a low class God.)

"Huh?!"

"Hath, thou invaded my host? Disturbing my slumber. What is your purpose?" A deep chilling voice spoke to Lena with a hidden threatening meaning. Should this purple eye god find her a pest. It would immediately act to protect itself, and it's rightful slumber. "Does thou, not speak?" 

Lena turned to find two deep enchanting purple eyes staring at her. In her own space a mysterious being looked down upon her. Scattered around laid piles of paper full of ideas and thoughts. Lena seeing the power in the eyes felt a divine presence. One that forced those with weaker will's to submit to it.

Finding the courage to speak up Lena asked the first thing that came to her mind. "Who are you?"

9