Chapter 2. To the new world(2)
72 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I came to dining hall with the help of the butler. Appetizing breakfast served to the table as soon as I sat. It had abundant meat, which smelled like bacon, and lots of fruits in it. Although I doubted whether I would be able to finish it, nonetheless I was able to eat all of it. After finishing breakfast I turned to the butler, then he said "Young master, Let us discuss in your study room." 

______________________________________________________________________________

I sat down on my chair in the study room. I looked straight into butler's eyes and said as honestly as possible "You'll have tell me everything. My name, my father's, mother's, your's and sibling's name. How was my behavior and general situation of our house." 

"Young master, These questions you ask gives me the impression as though I'm conversing with a stranger. Please hold this device in your hand before I tell you anything else." 

I was flabbergasted by the request of the butler but nevertheless I complied with it. The strange device glowed with some kind of red light after I held it for 10 seconds. The butler spoke before I could. 

"Alas, I thought some shape-shifter was posing as Redmond house's second son. It turns out that you're the legitimate second young master. Sorry for doubting you. I'll report this incident to the Master Count Redmond myself and ask for appropriate punishment. "

I was lost for a second by the existence of paternity testing tool which looked like a magic artifact. It turns out I was transmigrated to either a magic universe or sufficiently advanced civilization where technology felt like magic. If my observation of surrounding was correct, I was likely to have been transmigrated to a world where magic existed but world was in pre-industrial era. I suddenly whisked back to reality after hearing butler say 'punishment'. I didn't know what is appropriate response to that and tried to change the subject. 

"I would like you to answer my previous questions right now if my ID checks are over". I urged the butler. 

"What's ID? Anyway this humble servant will explain everything to the young master to the full extent of my abilities. This I swore to you." said the butler while holding his right hand over his left chest. 

"Alright, I'll take your world." and stared at the butler with urging look on my face. 

"Young master's Name is Winfred. You belong to count family named Redmond. Your father's name is Dewitt Redmond, mother's name is Allynna Redmond. And you have a sister, a step-brother and, a step-sister. Your step-mother name is Juliana, sister is Athelina, step-sister is Beatrix, Step-brother is Kent. And lastly my name is Hubert. Your step-brother and sister are older than you while your step-sister is younger than you." Elaborated the butler Hubert. 

" So I'll call you Hubert from now on if that's okay with you. Now that I know my close family members name, I would like to know about kingdom or empire we live in." Said I. 

" We live in Redmond County, which is in Braecia kingdom. Braecia kingdom is ruled by The King Radulfus Barbedaurus Breacius. Blackrood River flows through our Redmond county. We live in very peaceful area although not in very peaceful times". Hubert said. 

I got alarmed by last part of Hubert's brief. I asked him hurriedly "Why? Is there any big wars going on?"

He answered. "The biggest war for future of the humanity is being fought right now. The Demon King's Heralds are attacking the northern border of Mankind's Land. Which is Ririn Empire. It is directly North of Braecia kingdom. Between the two lies a kingdom called Uprutia. All of our Redmond House's Army is in Ririn Empire trying to repel Heralds Armies.So the Mankind won't be slaves to the Demons". 

I now know why the butler was disappointed with me and still didn't give me the full respect a noble would get from his servants. Well, I'll have to disappoint my family more as I would like to avoid fighting. Although it might be necessary to learn enough martial art to the point where I can't be killed with one swing. I really don't want to fight where my life would be on the line. At this point I decided that I'll do everything I can to become not to be involved with fighting. If by chance I needed to go on to battle, I would remain in the rear where it is relatively safe. 

"Alright, I've heard enough information for a day. I'll ask you anything if I want to know in the future". I said trying to end the conversation. 

Hubert Replied "As you wish Young master. I'll start to look for the tutors for you studies". And he left the study in courteous manner. 

Ah, shit. I cursed inwardly as I knew I would need to study hard for exams. 

3