Chapter 8. Return of the Count 2
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As bell tolled exactly at the afternoon, swiftly, a maid came to the study and informed me that carriage was waiting for me. I went to the carriage promptly and was pleasantly surprised to see Old Mast was the driver of the carriage. He looked at me and said

 "Young master, We are quite short on coachmen at the moment. It'll be only couple of hours until all the coachmen return. Please bear with me until then". 

"I would be very happy to ride your carriage". I said to him as I entered the carriage. After that I saw a maid follow me behind "Who are You?" I asked. She replied "I am a maid that temporarily assigned to you. If anything you want, please ask me and I'll serve You, Young master". and then she asked "May I ride carriage with you, Young Master?". I nodded at her; she quickly climbed up and sat infront of me, positioning herself closer to the door. I said "Are we waiting for someone? If not, Mast, Get going." The expression on the maid told me we can set off immediately thus carriage started to move promptly. A while after riding in carriage the maid opened her mouth and said to me "Young master, We are nearing the castle gates which is our destination. May I request you to call me Ellyn if and when you need me." 

As carriage came to halt, Ellyn quickly opened the door and first out of it. She stood beside the carriage like a bodyguard after that. I got off the carriage and asked her " Where exactly are supposed to go? Would you please guide me there? " She nodded and said "This way Young master, please follow me."

I followed her to front of the gate where I would presumably meet the Count and his army. I was then showed to side where a platform was built little away. Soon after what seemed like a large army came into the view, marching towards the castle. About half an hour after that the army reached the gate and some rituals began at the front of the gate. Although I could not see anything clearly the maid, who was assigned to me, started talking to me in enthusiasm. 

"All the castle's woman are welcoming back their husbands. I can't wait to get married and welcome my husband like them too" and some other things. In midst of her constant talking I saw the Count look at me for a second and turn his gaze away immediately afterwards. The rituals continued for a short while, then the army finally started to enter the castle lead by the Count. Count was followed by small group of people who were also in very decorated armour followed by the whole army. When the whole army was passed down the gate finally Ellyn said to me "Young master, We can return to the mansion's yard where your father address his troops." 

2