Extra – 24 Interrogation? Torture?
384 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The assailant were being held in the basement of a guardhouse.
Perhaps because of the structure that the outside light does not reach, even though it is daytime, the room is dark and nothing can be seen without lamp.

The attacker is lying down in a prison built in such a basement. They are lying down because they can't even sit down. Seeing that, it is hard not to think that it was indeed a bit too much. But you have to consider the possibility of getting away with it that time.

Seeing that, I don't doubt that I had indeed gone a little too far. But at the time, I had to consider the possibility that he might run away, and above all, i am still angry.
Yes, well, let's just say that there is no need to be merciful to the assailant.

So, this is the assailant, but he is lying down and staring at us. Is it a sign that he will not talk no matter what they do to him? He looks very tough.

"Who is your employer? What is your goal? Do you have any other friends?"

I'm going to ask him if necessary.

"...."

As expected, the assailant is still staring at us and won't open his mouth.
Well, torture is not very effective against this kind of opponent, and what should we do...?

I look at the prince with a sideways glance, but he too has his arms crossed and a difficult look on his face. I guess we are thinking the same thing.
After thinking for a while, the thing itself started moving from an unexpected source.

"Nya~"

I looked down at my feet at the sound of cry, and to my surprise, I saw El about to enter the jail.

"El...?"

What on earth are you going to do?
Well, the assailants can't move, and El isn't stupid.
We were confused, but we were watching  El's  movement.

"Nya~"

*teshi teshi

"Ugh."

A muffled scream was heard.
El had struck the assailant's broken leg.

*teshi teshi

Looking at it, El is aiming and hitting the broken parts of the body accurately. each feet, hands.

"Gghh..., Ugh...!"

Every time Elle hits a painful part, you can hear the stifled screams of the assailant. The attacker's face is full of greasy sweat.

"Uwa..."

It was so gruesome that I couldn't help but let my voice leak out. I'm sorry, but I was taken back
I look at the prince from where he sit

We thought about torture, but we were surprised to see El hit the most painful part of the body without hesitation and with precision.

"Gghh...! I won't talk even if you do this to me! Kill me!"

The assailant screamed, as if he couldn't stand it.

"Nya, Nya"

As if taking advantage of the situation, El hit the painful part with a series of blows.

"Ugggghhhh...!"

No, as you can imagine, I was also taken aback by this.... The guards who were watching the situation also turned their heads away. Perhaps unable to look at this, the prince ordered the guards to stand back.

I was surprised at the cruelty characteristic of animals, or rather, their behavior as if they were torturing their prey, even though I am the owner of a cat. However, if you think about it, cats have a habit of torturing their prey until they can no longer move. It is not hard to see why....

However, when I think about the fact that cats recognize humans bigger than them as their prey, it makes me feel scared of El.

After a while, El got tired of playing with him and moved away from the assailant. The assailant was already in a state of limpness and breathlessness.

"……Did you feel like talking?"

Why do I feel like it's wrong to ask?

"Who the hell...?"

Well. How can a person who is already prepared to death talk so easily under torture(?)? i don't think they would talk so easily under torture.
I wonder what happened.

However, I can imagine most of the clients. It would be very difficult to target the royal family.... From that, we can guess the purpose. What remains to be seen is the range of people to be targeted and how many people will be deployed for this raid. Depending on that, we may need to take measures such as cutting off the trip and returning early.

As I was thinking about this while looking at the assailant, El started to move again.
As I look to see what he is going to do this time, he stops a short distance away from the assailant.
It was a moment when I shook my head because I didn't understand the meaning of his action.

A white light seemed to emanate from El's body, and suddenly she was blinded by the light.
The light soon subsided...。

"".....Eh?""

After the light subsided, we saw something we had not expected.

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..."

There was a huge white beast that was almost two meters high. Is it four meters long, which is clearly different from a normal beasts.

It was clearly not an ordinary beast, and more importantly, there had never been such a beast in this area before.

For the time being, it does not seem to have any hostile intentions toward us, so we should be careful not to provoke it.
Then where did it come from? Before we were enveloped by the light, El should have been there.... I mean, where did El go?
I try to find a small figure, but I cannot find it, at least not within sight.

"El?"

I called out

"Gau."

El, where are you?

"Gau."

…… No way? No, as you can imagine, this situation can be explained. It's not a very convincing imagination, but ...。
Perhaps, El, is

"Gau~."

I thought, but when I talked to the white beast, it replied happily.
So, I guess this white beast is El after all. But why? Is it related to the white light I saw earlier...? No, but...

"O-oi, hey, you don't mean to tell me that this big thing is El?"

"Well, it seems so..."

The prince asks with a trembling voice. If you look at him, he is completely hunched over. It may be no wonder. The prince was disliked by El for some reason. However, since El was a kitten, he probably didn't think of her as a threat until now. But if he suddenly became this big, he would want to run away. Because one stroke of its claws could end his life.

"Is this a demon beast? I've never heard of such a white demon beast of this stature..."

The prince muttered to himself, but I had an idea of what he is. I'm not sure, though.

"I'm not sure, but I do know that there is a race that might be...... a certain kind."

"W-what kind of magical beast is it?"

Prince, even if you don't get away like that... since it's El inside, it won't suddenly attack you, maybe.

"It's probably a White Lynx."

"White Lynx?"

"I'm not sure..."

"What do you mean? And what kind of magical beast is a White Lynx?"

"We don't have exact information. What we do know is that it looks like a huge white cat, and that it is highly intelligent. We do not know its ecology. Some accounts say it is a holy or divine beast, and folklore says its strength is comparable to that of a dragon. The reason there is little information about it is that it rarely appears in public."

White Lynx are like lynxes on Earth, and there are similar species in our world. They are different in size, but their appearance is what gives them such a name, for convenience only.

"How did such a magical beast become a pet?"

I too would like to know about that....

"I don't know. We don't have too much information. I can only imagine, but when I picked up El, he was hungry as a kitten. For some reason, he may have wandered in shortly after being born. Given that, his kitten form may have been a camouflage until he grew up..."

his size hasn't change since I picked him up, so I don't know how long he was born.
And if we believe in folklore, White Lynx's physical condition is over ten meters. From that point of view, El may really be a child. However, I don't know the ecology, so it's just an imagination.

Or rather, why did it suddenly grow? No, maybe he hadn't had that opportunity until now, but he could have taken on this appearance long ago.

Well, no matter how much you think about it, you won't get an answer.

"H-help me! I haven't heard that there is such a demon beast! I'll talk about anything, just get this demon beast away from me!"

Oh, I completely forgot the assailant.

"El, could you step back a little bit?"

"Gau"

When I spoke to him, El followed my instructions and went down to the corner of the prison.
Ah, you may have grown in appearance, but you are still El on the inside. I feel a little relieved.

"Why did you suddenly decide to speak?"

What kind of change did you have when you didn't open your mouth even if you were given so much pain?

"I was prepared to die. But, it's prepared to be killed by humans, not prepared to die after being eaten by such a demon beast! I don't want to die without leaving such bones!"

Oh, so you are afraid of being eaten. It would be an unimaginable fear to be eaten alive, let alone to die at once.
Well, El probably won't do that, but there's no need to tell him that. Since he is willing to talk, let's quickly get what we need out of him.

"Then, please tell us the client and purpose of the request, the target of the request and the if you have companion. Oh, if we later find out that it's a lie"

"Gauu"

When I glanced at El, he replied in a timely manner.

"I know. I'm not going to lie. Just keep that demon beast away from me."

Fufu, you're pretty scared aren't you.

"That depends on your answer. Then please speak quickly."

Of course it is bluff. Yeah, it ’s bluff, right? Don't you play with it on purpose?

"......The client is royalty from the Soutinsu."

After all? Then, the reason is related to losing in the war. they never learn are they?

"By the looks of it, you had it pretty much figured out."

Well, there are few other places that might have the advantage of going after royalty. You can guess right away. The next best bet was the domestic nobility, but I don't think that would be possible unless they are very stupid.

The Kingdom of  Sobule is very peaceful at the moment. Even if the prince is assassinated, there will be little confusion. Even if the prince dies, Prince Edwill will be the next king, and there is no succession struggle.

In addition, relations with neighboring countries are stable, and with the exception of Soutinsu, I can see no reason to target the royal family at this point.

"I'll leave it to your imagination. Then what is the purpose?"

"I don't know. All I know is that I was asked to kill a member of the royal family who had come here for a summer retreat."

"Royalty, does that mean that Princess Aria and The Queen are also being targeted?"

"Yes, but the second prince happened to wander out last night. I saw an opportunity and set him up. You can see how that turned out."

"So what about your associates? Or are there others who have the same request?"

"I don't know that either. At least I don't have any friends. However if the client had made other requests I wouldn't know."

Well, it's almost as expected. Is there any new information? No, there was only one. But you wouldn't know that if you asked this guy.

"I understand. Then you have no use anymore. El"

Following my command and El approach the assailant.

"Wha? !Hey, that's not what you promised! I told you everything! Whoa! Don't come here. Whoa!"

The slithering El approached the assailant and opened his mouth wide in front of the unmoving assailant....
He licked him.

The assailant seems to have lost consciousness because of that, and does not move at all. He must have been very scared.
El sticks out her tongue and spits petulantly, as if the licking has made her feel sick.

"......That's terrible."

The prince whispered, but I'll pretend I didn't hear it.
The more important issue is El.

"El, what are you going to do? You can't keep him at home looking like that, can you?"

With such a large size, it will break when you get on the bed. No, I don't know if you can get through the front door before that....
Huh? That's not the issue, is it? I understand.

It would be a nuisance to our neighbors. If such a large magical beast in the neighborhood, it would be a fuss no matter how safe it was.

"Gau"

His ears became flattened and his tail drooped sloppily. Even though they have grown in size, they are still the same on the inside....
Then I thought that El's body glowed, and now it was back to its original size. No, I am not sure which is the original

"Nya~"

It wasn't really that long that it was a big figure, but perhaps because the impact was so great, the kitten figure feels like it has been a long time. Ah, I still feel more at ease with this figure.

"Do you understand? From now on, you are not allowed to grow up in front of people unless you have a good reason to do so. If you break it, you will be punished, okay?"

"Ni~"

You can't protest. The first time is the crucial time in these matters. It is the basis of discipline.
El, who had returned to her small form, once again slipped between the bars and slid up to my feet.

"But well, thanks to El, he was able to spit out information smoothly, so I will praise you."

I pick El up and rub his throat.
His tail is wagging as if he is in a good mood.

"So, Prince, shall we leave the attackers to the guards and return to our rooms? We have to think about what we're going to do."

"Uh, yeah, okay..."

Huh? The prince is looking awfully tired somehow, is he all right?

Oh, I'm sure he was relieved when El became smaller. You don't have to be so scared...

Welp this is so long but please prepare for the next chapter it will be juicy well i will make it 2 chapter release i deem it ok well that will be next week

8