Extra – 33 Certain Grounds
412 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What about you Sakura?"

"Eh?"

"You're just going to let others talk and not tell me yourself?"

Huh? I didn't expect a counter-attack here?

"When did Sakura start liking me? I'm curious about how you felt about me before and all of that."

With his words and look, they are urging me to speak.

"......It's a secret!"

It's embarrassing, isn't it? So I'll let you escape with the same line as the prince.

"Nope. Even I have spoken to some extent, so it wouldn't be fair if you speak as much, would it?"

I thought he was a good for noting until now, but is the prince actually a shy guy? Or is he a hidden S? He's kind of a different character, isn't he?

"Right, well, I'll ask you a few questions and you can answer them."

"Eh? Such a selfish thing..."

"Otherwise you wouldn't tell me anything, would you? That's okay, I'll think of the right questions....... Well, let's start by asking you what you've thought of me in the first place."

Umm, well, about that.......

"At first, I thought you looked like a prince in a story. Well, you actually were a prince. However, I thought of your behavior after that was not so prince-like. You came over to my house without my permission, he ate my dinner, you sulked in strange places, and I honestly didn't know what to do"

Yes, I don't really know what to do at the time, even when I think back at it. I think that he had a liking for me (a little embarrassing, I know), but I don't really understand it because I have no experience with such things.

The prince is muttering something about "Uninvited...... Stalker......" or something like that, but let's not worry about it.

"Aside from your incomprehensible behavior, At least you are good looking and have a good family background, bloodline, status and income, and good prospects, right? If you consider him as a marriage partner, I think you are a pretty good candidate. In that sense, I didn't understand the feelings of the noble daughters who flocked to the prince."

I had no interest or awareness of marriage at that time.
My words cheered up the prince, who had been feeling a little down. It was so simple.

"Is this the answer to your question?"

"Well, then, the next question."

"Wait a minute. I only asked one question. It's not fair to ask as many as possible, and there's no end to it."

"What? Isn't that tyranny?"

"No, it is not. Even the prince didn't answer many questions. No matter what you say, there is only one question."

"Mmmm........ Then I have a question. When did you first become aware of me as the opposite sex? And when did you fall in love with me?"

"Isn't that two questions?"

"No, this is one question all together. I want to hear how Sakura's feelings have changed."

That being said, it is certainly one question in terms of a change of heart. ......Oh well.

"I don't remember starting to be conscious. I felt like I was a little worried. Still, if I dare to say it, is it the time of the New Year's festival? The prince won the swordsmanship tournament right? To be honest, I was surprised. The prince is a weak pushover, and good for noting. I thought it was surprisingly cool to look at that and look again."

Once again, the prince is slightly hanging his head, while muttering, "good for nothing...... surprisingly......."

"The rest is a secret. I didn't even tell the prince, so you have nothing to complain about, right?"

This alone is embarrassing, you know? But, well, I guess I would never talk about it unless it was an opportunity like this, so this is fine.

But...... I don't mean to call the prince a good for nothing or anything, but I'm pretty insensitive too. I was totally unaware of the prince's affection and of my own feelings. I have no experience in love, so that's also an excuse.

"Well, that concludes my questioning. And there is one more thing I must say to the prince."

"Something you have to say? What is it?"

Once again, the prince responded to my words and turned his serious face toward me, as if he was depressed.
In a sense, this kind of quick turnaround could be called a special skill. I don't envy him, though.

"The prince knows that the weapon I am using is a divine weapon, doesn't he?"

"Yes, I was surprised when the report came in. However, if we made it public, it would be troublesome because of those who would target the sacred artifact, those who would try to use it, and those who would be recruited from other countries, so only a very few people know about it."

"As a matter of fact, when I got that sacred artifact, there was...... one more thing."

"Yes, it was a curse in the name of blessing from a self-proclaimed god(lol) that I still remember with disgust. It has robbed me of the growth I had envisioned, the adult me......."

"Because of that bald's curse, I cannot grow any more......!"

I clench my fists and glare at the heavens. I can only see the ceiling.

"Baldness, and a curse, that's...... a crooked way to deal with a god......."

That kind of baldness is enough. He's not bald. No, it doesn't matter, because the next time I see him, I'll pick them all off and make him bald.

"Sakura, even if you are wrong, don't say such a thing in front of the temple officials, okay? Even though our temple is not powerful, there is no need to go out of your way to cause trouble."

"No, I don't mean to say it in front of the temple officials.... Come to think of it, the temple in this country is really quiet, isn't it? I think it was more noisy before."

"Hmm? Oh yeah, don't you know Sakura? There was a great purge of the upper echelons of the temple in the previous king, my grandfather. It is said that there were many things that were noticeable, such as bribery, corruption, forced donation, and political outlets between the upper echelon of the temple and the nobles. So the king had gathered evidence of corruption and purged the upper echelons of the temple, including the nobles involved. Then, the power of the temple is narrowed, the power is limited, and the influence of the temple is suppressed by monitoring it so that it doesn't do anything suspicious."

Hmmm, I remember collecting evidence of that when I was Lyle....... I didn't realize that was the case after Lyle died.......

"Well, this is the only country where temple power is so weak. The other countries have a lot of temple influence, to varying degrees."

Oops, I'm getting off topic. Now we are talking about curses.

"Anyway, that is the reason why I am not growing any more. But still, does it change your mind that you want me as your fiancee?"

"Does Sakura think I'm stupid? That's not enough to change my mind."

"But my boobs and butt won't get any bigger, you know?"

"That's harsh."

"We can't grow old together can we? Even if the prince becomes an uncle or an old man, I will still look like this you know?"

"It's...... a pity that we can't grow old together, but on the other hand, Sakura will still look as cute as she does now, right? That seems like a good thing, doesn't it? Women always want to be beautiful don't they?"

You said cute again....... No, let's put that aside for now. I think there is a difference between wanting to be beautiful when you get old and never getting old. To begin with I feel that I am far from the word beautiful.

"Prince, please think about it, okay? If you make a decision based on temporary feelings, you will regret it for a long time."

"Time will not change the answer. Think about it even elves hardly change their appearance. If you think of it in the same way, it's not much of a problem."

If you put it that way, it is true. Unlike the original world, there are even beings like elves here, and there are also magical powers such as sorcery and magical tools that are mysterious from the perspective of the original world.

Perhaps I was too obsessed with the curse of the self-proclaimed god(lol). And if I had received this curse when I was a little older, I think I would have thought differently.

In other words, it could be said that I had too many dreams and hopes about becoming an adult. Perhaps I became even stronger because of the curse of the self-proclaimed god (lol) that crushed my dreams and hopes. Come to think of it is dream is a dream and even if I grow up, there is a possibility that I will remain short and have small breasts. On the other hand it is probably a good thing that I don't have to think about aging.

How could I possibly think......! It's that bald guy after all, if I ever see him again, I'll pick his head back up and make it smooth and shiny! Take good care of that hair while you still can!

"Anyway, I proposed to a human being named Sakura."

The prince's words brought back my attention that had been directed towards the self-proclaimed god(lol).

"I was surprised at god's blessing, but that is one of the characteristics if I may say so. It is the same as the size of one's breasts, so to speak. I did not judge only by the presence or absence of them. I hope you don't underestimate me too much."

Individuality, is it? It is indeed a problem that cannot be solved by individuality.......

"What are you laughing at?"

Eh? am I laughing?

....Well you did laugh

"No, I was just admiring that you are indeed a prince."

I probably had more of a complex than I thought. I may have somehow convinced myself not to be bothered by it. When I was told that it was my personality, I felt like an idiot for caring about it.

My friends, family, and acquaintances have told me how cute I am, but I guess they thought they were being flattering, or that I was being considerate of them. I may have been influenced by Lyle's way of thinking in a previous life, but I think I was looking for someone who would see me in the right light. The words of my peers and family were unreliable, and I had few acquaintances of the opposite sex. It is true that I am slightly embarrassed and happy that it was the prince who came around.

"That's not a compliment, is it?"

I am complimenting you, right? I just won't say it because I'm embarrassed.

"Well? What do you think?"

"Hey, it's still not a compliment."

I thought it was kind of cute that the prince said such words with a sulky look on his face. So, I went to.......

"Prince, would you please squat down for a moment?"

I beckon to him and ask him to squat down so that we can look at each other.

"Please lend me your ears for a moment. Actually..."

I kissed him lightly on the cheek and moved away. Somehow, I felt like doing so.

"Eh? Sakura, just now...."

"Thank you. Now, please leave already."

I am sure my face will be red on top of my ears. I turn my head slightly to avoid being seen and push the prince out of the room.

"Wai, Sakura? What do you mean by thank you...... Hey, don't push me......!"

The room is now quiet, as if the noise from a few minutes ago was a lie.

"Uwa, I did it myself.... Uuu Kya!"

I suddenly felt ashamed of what I had just done, and I couldn't help but make a funny noise.

Elle watched me while yawning on the bed as I writhed in embarrassment, while hugging myself.

Announcement
11 Chapters to go and we are finish with this novel (though it is cliffhanger from author) one question anyone reading Muyoku no Seijo(The Altruistic Saintess) Maybe it is next to my Translation

8