Chapter – 34 Return Trip
390 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thirty reinforcement knights arrived late at night on the day of the request, and when combined with the original guards the number of reinforcements was quite large. Thanks to their help, we were able to spend the two days before we left here without incident.

Although nothing happened, we refrained from going outside and it is true that our activities were restricted because of the assailants, so it is difficult to say that we were able to fully stretch our wings.

However, we were not just sleeping and eating. We had a lot of work to do, such as taking countermeasures against attackers, checking security and ensuring safety on the way home. However we women were not so much involved in such matters as they were the responsibility of the prince.

Instead, there are not so many things for a confined and unrestrained woman to do....... The easiest and most enjoyable of them all is chatting and it is even more fun if the topic is someone else's romance. Yes except for the person involved in the said romance.

I am always in a state of exhaustion when I'm caught by the three women and forced to talk about various things, or when I am told a story. I couldn't even take a good walk and I had nothing else to do, so to say that it was inevitable would be an understatement but for me, the victim it was too hard to just say it was inevitable. Because all three of them are married women, right? They would take turns talking to me sometimes tag-teaming me, about their sex life....... My HP was always in the red zone on the verge of a KO. And each time I would get angrier and angrier at the unseen assailants.

Oh, of course, that was not all we did. Whenever we could find time we discussed the current situation with the prince, information about the Soutinsu. kingdom, which is the root of all evil, and speculation about the spies who passed information to the Soutinsu. What? Is it a colorful story? Haha, I didn't have time for that.......

What I found out is that the country of Soutinsu is apparently in a very difficult situation as a country, since it is in severe financial condition due to reparations as a defeated country after the previous war, and also because it was criticized by surrounding countries for using forbidden arts during the war, and also because quite a few sorcerers died when the forbidden arts were broken. The country is in this situation where there is little food to no food at all from the surrounding countries because of the war that was originally launched in search of farmland, and the country is getting rougher and rougher and some citizens are fleeing to Sobule Kingdom as refugees, hating such a country. Thanks to this, refugees are flooding into the towns near the border between the Sobule Kingdom and Soutinsu and since the towns cannot accept all the refugees, refugee camps have been set up outside the towns making the towns unsafe.

And adventurers who had been in Soutinsu are now running away to other countries because they either don't get any requests in the country or if they do, they are not paid well enough to do so.

It is a vicious circle. However it seems that the upper echelons of the Soutinsu country believe that the cause of the problem is that they lost the war in the first place. And it seems that the Soutinsu resent the Sobule Kingdom the country that won the war. It is the Soutinsu that initiated the war but it is a self-serving story.

The current Soutinsu lost most of its once-mighty magician force in the last war, and its Knights were badly injured and the recent outflow of refugees has left the country in a state of disarray.

For the Sobule Kingdom, the Soutinsu is positioned as a depressing but necessary country. For the time being iron is exported from Soutinsu as the country's industry. Other than that it is a country with no particular characteristics. It cannot even meet its own domestic demand for agriculture (there is not much land available for farming), and it has no industry to export. Most of the country is mountainous, and even if it were a mine, it would not be attractive to invade and dominate because it is not that large scale. In fact, if they tried to dominate the country they would lose money because they would have to dispatch soldiers, manage the population to prevent them from revolting and do many other things. The Sobule Kingdom thinks that it would be less time-consuming and expensive to leave it alone and let the Soutinsu take care of it on their own rather than dominating it. So they left it alone after the war was over....... Recently, the country seems to have stabilized in a bad way and they have started to make some small troubles The latest attack may be a part of that.

Well, it is a common move to unite a country by directing domestic discontent to other countries....... However, I think it is a bad idea for a Soutinsu country in its current state of decline. Maybe the upper management of the Soutinsu country is quite stupid. If that is the case, the fact that they decided to go to war after a long skirmish the use of forbidden arts in the war and the recent attack. All of this can be put down to one word. I'm sure that's not true, but you can read more about it at.......

Anyway, the prince is going to consult with the king after returning to the castle about the attack and ask the Soutinsu to respond accordingly. It doesn't sound like a big deal if you only hear the word...... accordingly, but even if it is I don't think it will be just a matter of words since they did such a big deal of attacking the royal family. It is a little scary.......

Anyway, here is what I have heard so far. I'll leave the national response to the princes and king but I'd like to focus on safety until we get back to Royal Capital. That said there are more than 40 guards including supporting knights, and there is nothing in particular that I can do I will just be on the lookout for them.

......I thought so.

"Why am I riding on the prince's horse?"

The prince's horse was riding along the road toward the royal city, making hoof beats. For some reason, I am not in a carriage, but riding with the prince on his horse.

"I don't know. Wouldn't it be better to ask the three people riding in the carriage rather than asking me?"

With a sign, I saw that the prince turned his gaze toward the carriage.

"I don't think you're going to get a straight answer by asking......"

"I agree"

Just as we were about to leave, we were kicked out, saying "The carriage is full" and for some reason we had to ride together on the prince's horse. I could not believe that the carriage was full when it could hold five people on the way there. And since it was impossible for me to ride the horse by myself (my feet could not reach the stirrups......), I had to ride with someone else's horse. So in the end, only the prince was able to catch up with the knights. Yes, I know that the three of them (especially the queen) sent the knights. But, but, but. Even if you know who is behind it there are some things you can't do anything about. This time was one of them In a way, it was probably a good thing that I was not locked in a carriage with the three of them. It would have been better than being tossed around in a carriage with no place to escape for a day before returning to the capital, wouldn't it?

Amidst the physical security, the sound of hoof beats echoed through the streets in a strangely leisurely manner.

By the way.......

I think there are emergencies that men don't understand. I am in such a situation right now.

It is almost noon. My body is pleading for an immediate solution. Yes, I am having an urge.

I had been careful to drink water since we left the villa, but when we were almost ready to take a break for lunch, the urge to urinate finally hit me.

However, as a maiden before marriage, I was too embarrassed to ask him to stop because I needed to go to the restroom. Because if I did, even the knights who were accompanying me would know about it, right? Besides, we would be taking a break for lunch in a little while, so I felt that I could hold out until then. Occasionally a strong wave comes, and when I move to cover it up, the prince is concerned or calls out to me, but I just reply that it is nothing.

In the meantime, we managed to reach a point where we could take a break. These places are regularly found along the road, and are small squares on the side of the road, like so-called "roadside shelters" for cars. If horses and carriages were stopped in the middle of the street, they would be in the way of traffic.

When they reached the square, they stopped their carriages and horses and began to move to fulfill their assigned roles. The prince, like the other knights, stops his horse and dismounts. He then grabs me by the side and dismounts me. Isn't this a bit rude to a lady? This is like treating a child. I think it is proper for an adult to give a hand to a lady and assist her to dismount. However, this is still acceptable.......

"You are fidgeting strangely. Is something wrong?"

No, no, no, don't ask me that. I mumble a few words, "hey....." and move toward the secluded area. He seemed to see this and seemed convinced, saying, "Oh." However, I was followed by.......

"Washing hands huh? Don't go too far, okay?"

Wait, what are you talking about? 

Even if you know those things, it's good manners not to put them into words!

I said angrily.

"Hmm? Is that so?"

So! That's why people say you have no delicacy! You are totally off in some strange way!

While I was getting angrier and angrier, my body was telling me that I was at my limit, so I put the prince behind me for now and hurriedly went behind the bushes....... We were going to have lunch as we were refreshed.......

As I was about to pull down my pants, I noticed several signs of life around me. I searched for signs and found no more than ten...... nothing valid. I gently put my hands on my hips and remember that there are no weapons there. The luggage was in the carriage and the weapon was still on the prince's horse. The signs suggest that even if I were unarmed, I would be able to win the fight with magic, and I would have enough time to escape. However, some of the signs are a little far away and if we fight them here, there is a good chance that some of them will escape. If possible, I would like to capture them all and avoid any lingering worries. So my course of action is to go to.......

"Why don't you come out of hiding? As you can see, I have no weapons, so I can't resist, can I?"

Perhaps it was assailant #2. They probably expected we would take a lunch break here and were waiting for us. They probably thought that the knights would be less vigilant during the break than they were on the move. However, when they opened the door they found that the main group was protected by a larger-than-expected number of knights, making it difficult for them to get out of the way. So I decided to take advantage of that.

"You are a very determined young lady. Do you know what will happen to you?"

From behind the bushes, several armed men appeared. Not all of them, it seemed, but at least they had succeeded.


"You are taking me hostage, aren't you? As I said before, I am unarmed and unable to resist. I think it's a wiser choice than forcing myself to resist and suffering the pain."

I think that by taking me hostage, the attackers will let their guard down. The actuality that the actual knights are not going to be able to be found in the same place as me is a concern. I am concerned about the few who have yet to show themselves, but...... I will be able to deal with them if the knights deal with the attackers who are showing themselves now.

The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that the knights are not only the most powerful in the country, but they are also the most powerful in the world. Fortunately, the attacker seems to think that I am a child and does not tie me up, but seems to think that he is threatening me by flicking his weapon at me. I meekly follow the assailant's instructions.

hey there everyone i am still alive but i still didn't have my laptop back so to stave off some waiting this is one i did without double check and gram error

7