CH 1
5.2k 23 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

  Brad was preparing to depart from Havenfall on a crusade if one was charitable to call it that. He did not know how to feel about this crusade on one hand he should be happy about it, not only would he be able to smite some abhorrent and vile undead but also, and this was far more important to him, he as the "Hero" would be entitled to a large portion of the spoils. Unfortunately for him the crusade was to be joined by forces from the Magocracy of Oriripol and the Principality of Yorg-Berg

 

   The Mages from Oriripol offered to loan some of their battle mages and spell-breakers to Theocracy, officially as a show of goodwill but in practice, they were only loaned to spy and take whatever artifacts they spotted with their heretical eyes. Unfortunately without their help, likely any ancient vault would be found unbreakable for his own forces. While troops from the barely civilized city of Yorg-Berg were more of a nuisance than a help. Those north men were hardy fighters but not much else.

 

  Unfortunately, Brad couldn't do much about any of this because the crusade is meant to be unifying humanity and they could not be seen cherry picking contributors, could they? After he packed his equipment including his new armour and many mana potions, Brad went to pick up an almost useless item.

 

 


 

 

*Plop* *Plop* *Plop*

*Plop* *Plop* *Plop*

 

  Brad approached an old dilapidated iron door behind the army barrack in Havenfall. He opened the door that should long time ago be replaced and went further into the building with a quick movement of his hand he lit the torches lining the walls, illuminating the pitch dark corridor. He passed many cells that appeared to be empty if one would just glance at them not realizing that inside many of the cells are the most hated and vile beings in the country, those that can manipulate pure mana polluting its sanctity and divine touch kept alive only for their usefulness. After a while of walking through the straight corridor he finally arrived at his destination and shouted with audible disgust into the last cell.

 

  "You, wake up you useless piece of trash!"

 

 The figure stood up with visible difficulty and swayed a bit, having to support itself with one hand. Brad opened the cell and motioned the figure to follow him. At the entrance he opened the door and then stopped having remembered something, he pulled out a shirt if you could even call a torn rag with holes for the head and arms to stick out from a shirt.

 

"Dress your self I don't want to be also known for having deviant tastes." He said before drowning the corridor in darkness once more and leaving the dungeon and allowing the figure to dress itself in the almost complete darkness.

 

 If someone were to look inside through a slightly open door they would see a tall woman with pale sickly skin which haven't saw the light of the day for months, the rag hanged loose on her malnourished frame. Her long dark hair stuck together in filth with two amethyst jewels peeking from behind them.

 

 The elf's name was Iris but probably only she and the Aspects knew that piece of pointless knowledge. Iris followed in her master footsteps into the painfully bright outdoors. Brad gave her an inpatient look before strolling into the main square of the Blue Palace slowly heading toward a huge luxurious mansion, the pavement's edges hurt the elf's bare feet but she didn't dare to make a sound. They walked passed soldiers busy with moving supplies reaching the mansion's elaborate carved door. Her master opened a large wooden door to his residence which he really used, it was actually first time in Iris's sentence she stayed in the dungeon for more then a week. Inside familiar yet alien mansion filled with luxury they headed upstairs. He opened another set of doors and walked inside unusually holding the door for Iris. Without hesitation she quickly skipped into the room, her body instinctually cringing in fear of her master's fist.

 

  Inside Iris saw her master's teammates sitting on padded red couches. His team didn't have an official name because of Brad being a highest-level human alive and being proclaimed a Hero by all Aspect's Voice of each sanctioned Aspect. Alicia the teams most powerful magic caster and her mistress, sat uncomfortably at the edge of her seat. Her azure eyes darted onto Brad with clear displeasure, she stoked her blond hair and spoke.

 

"What time is it?" Alicia said.

 

" Yea, yea I know I am late. I had to go to the old prison block and get that thing." Brad looked uncomfortable under Alicia's stare, pointing his finger at the innocent elf.

 

"*Sigh* Alright, so only Utrecht is out. Do I need to repeat myself what I discussed yesterday?"  Alicia asked probably knowing the answer she will get.

 

"Go for it, " A figure answered with his legs on the small table playing and twirling with a knife. "Not my fault you decided to hold a meeting at 3 am!"

 

"Soo you," She pointed at Brad. "You have to spend time with the representatives of Oriripol at a dinner party today and right after that you have to go to the docks and board our ship."

 

"Oh, Aspect of Light! Why do I have to do that and not some priest?" Brad whined.

 

"Stop acting like a child and go now before you embarrass us, they are in the noble quarter." Iris noted that a vein started to slowly bulge from pristine Alicia's forehead.

 

  Iris watched Brad leave the room with great displeasure before she noticed Alicia motioning her to step closer, pulling a stone tablet from her inventory.

 

"Can you read this?"

 

Iris stepped closer, she never liked serving Alicia because of her silent orders which didn't gave any hint of the upcoming task. She gripped the ancient tablet and the barely visible script on the tablet's surface was translated by her Talent. "I can, Mistress."

 

"What does it mean?"

 

"It speaks about Cyclopean myth of creation."

 

"Good, I bet you are happy to see the sun again. Am I right?" Alicia caressed Iris's cheek, on her arm script started to shine through her tanned skin in preparation of casting a spell.

 

"I am, Mistress." Iris said while looking at the ground, trying her best to not close her eyes in fear.

 

"Good~"

 

 


 

 

This is my first novel and I would like you please not be shy to comment and give opinion about my work.

 

 

Iris 

Race: Elf

Age: 19

Title: "Slave"

Classes: [Slave Level 1 MAX] [ ]

Talents:    [Masterful Translator] [Pure Mana Manipulation] 

HP 100/120

Strength           4

Constitution     5

Dexterity           6

Wisdom             9

Intelligence      8

Charisma         8

MP 50/50

 

Brad 

Race: Human

Age: 27

Title: "Hero"

Classes: [Templar Level 101] [Bruiser Level 87]

Talents: [Hero] [Iron-Willed] 

HP 3800/3800

MP 360/360

 

Alicia

Race: Human

Age: 25

Title: "Astral Mage"

Classes: [Luminarc Level 98] [Arcane Mage Level 82]

Talents: [Mana Conduit] [Lighting Resistance]

HP 480/480

MP 3650/3650

 

Dian

Race: Human 

Age: 23

Title: "Fingersmith"

Classes: [Stalker Level 99] [Wayfinder Level 85]

Talents: [Stalk] [Light-Footed]

HP 1050/1050

MP 300/300

 

Utrecht

Race: Human (Nordling)

Age: 31

Title: "Skulltaker"

Classes: [Blood Raider Level 94] [Berserker Level 99]

Talents: [Battle Maniac] [Cooking]

HP 2875/2875

MP 10/10

 

104