Chapter 18 – Machiavellian Tea!
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mom just lay down! You heard what they said, you still need to rest, moving around will only open your wound!" I frustratingly wrestle mom to the bed.

"Seyu please, you'll only worry us all if you don't behave." Koko reasons.

"Hmph. Fine. Stop babying me I'm your mother! Ava!" Mom keeps fighting me off but I'm not going to let her hurt herself further. It's because of me she's injured so I'll make sure she is fixed!

*knock knock*

Asty opens the door for a swarm of maids to decorate the room with food and drink, we're being treated ridiculously well, its kind of overbearing but this is the 'hero's' welcome I suppose... As the maids settle everything down and disperse from whence they came, a new maid stops at the entrance to the room. A seductively, drop dead gorgeous woman with long luxurious navy blue hair drapes down her neck flowing into her ample bossoms. By ample I mean soul crushing, shes bigger than mom, is she part cow? Of course that would be blatantly wrong as long slender horns rise from her head and a pair of short black wings flutter behind her. Her hourglass figure really puts everything in place, this is a succubus. Just one glance is all it takes to get you hot and bothered, the whole room is flush faced.

"Greetings honoured guests, I am the headmaid of the castle under Queen Evaline of Hayla, Ishala. I've been called here on a special request from her majesty herself so I please beg your pardon for my disturbance. Lady Seyu, I am here to aid your recovery, I'm sure you've noticed that I am not just any demon however nor am I any usual succubus. I come from a line of pure blooded succubi, with my powers I can enduce a state, better meant for healing." The eloquence of her speech was second to none, I thought the princess was talented. Wait? With her powers?

"Yyyyy-you mean, with high tier succubus magic, you'll heal seyu?!" Koko embarrassingly stutters out, was she hear to do 'that' to mom?! Asty reflects a shade of pink I've never seen her before, which tickles my heart to no end. 

"Ah- sorry I seem to have misled you, my race's powers aren't only of the seductive kind. We can also enduce sleeping states or even manipulate dreams, with this I can help lady Seyu with her recovery." The succumaid charmingly put.

"Ohh, thats it, that makes sense..." Asty mumbles, this and that is too much for her huh? Well we've only kissed so far so it makes sense. Maybe this is an opporunity... 

"Please." Seyu held a hand out informing us to make way for Ishala. 

"Thank you." She spoke, her steps are poised with finesse but no matter how regal her movement, her lascivious body turns the scene seductive. "Allow me." Placing a hand on moms, she lightly traces her fingers along the palm. Then her eyes begin to shine, a light shade of pink reflects into moms and before we knew it, mom was sleeping soundly.

"She'll rest easy for a few hours, meanwhile I shall continue to aid her here, you're welcome to stay and watch but it could take some time." Ishala explains. Understanding she probably wants peace and quiet to work, I take the lead to herd the duo out the room.

"Thank you for your help, please look after mom." I bow in retreat. Ishala returns a polite smile accompanied by a small nod, before returning to her work.

 

                                                                                                                                 ***

 

Walking back to our own rooms the sound of scuttling footsteps could be heard around the corner. Two royal guards stood before us, lowering their heads as they made way for the- The princess? Did we offend her?

*Gulp*

"It is a pleasure to see you all again, I'd very much like if you could all join me for tea? Would that be agreeable?" Her tone is kind but she left no room for refusal. So of course, we did not refuse. 

Ushering by knight, we're lead to the most extravagant room i have ever seen. White and pink furnishing every direction, expensive ornaments, a finely decorated table with mirrors and self care products lay organised opposite the four post bed with drape see-through curtains. This is a bedroom? The princess' bedroom?!

'We are not worthy!'

Everyone seems to be a nervous as me, we're not dragging dirt are we? We are unclean before this temple of womanhood! The princess leads us to what she calls the veranda, where a white frilly cloth drapes over a table. On top are gorgeous cups, cutlery and in the center an art piece resembling a teapot? 

"Please take a seat saviours, I've arranged for plenty of treats to enjoy alongside our tea." Princess Izabelle's smile beams across us with an inviting alure. Not that she needs it with a spread like this before us, maids hurry around us to place all sorts of small snacks on the table, the aroma was sweet and delicate. Still nervous, we make our way into our seats as the princess joins us. 

After some time and small chat we all seem to relax, the tea helps, its delicious. Everything is which isn't really a surprise. Also unsurprisingly, Koko has been driven wild by the cake like treats, much to the princess' amusement. 

"I'm glad you enjoy them, Koko wasn't it? You have quite the sweet tooth!.. I must say you're all quite lovely young ladies, beautiful to boot! Tell me are any of you seeing someone?" Me and Asty glancing at one another, hesitantly struggling to announce our relationship to this royal figure. Thankfully the princess bore a wide grin, clearly she was simply teasing us.

"Sorry I couldn't help it! You're simply adorable together! You couldn't hide it if you tried. However, miss Koko, what about you?" Her inquisitive tone was brim with anticipation, she really wants to know. Is this the real reason we're here?! Is she scoping out Koko for the prince?! 

"I have no one princess Izabelle, we haven't long been in the outside world, we lived in a somewhat secluded village until recently. Until..." Koko drifting off with tears in her eyes. The princess' panic plastering her face, tries to salvage the situation.

"I'm so sorry for bringing up something which brings you pain, please try this cake, its filled with strawberry!" Excellent play princess! Koko's cake switch activates and her tears evaporate as if they were never there.

"It's delicious! Thank you princess!" Koko exclaims.

"Please Koko, call me Izzy, all of you. I know not what you have been through, I do know that the life of an adventurer can be filled with pain and sorrow. I hope I have not offended you today." Izabelle's politely conveys.

"Pri- Izzy, please think nothing of it. However... I'd like to hear what you called us here for." Asty remarks, ahh right. Theres no way we were just called for light conversation. 

"You are right. I appologise for my indirect methods. I simply needed to appraise you all with my own eyes first. Like Astrid has said, I have a request to make of you all." She pauses to center herself, taking on a serious tone. "As you know, during your travel a fly was caught near by brother. This fly was far more dangerous than lead on, he belonged to a dangerous faction under the King of Aela. That faction was ordered to find a way to take out my dear Jaspy." Her voice cracking as her anger boils. "I will not allow this to continue. I cannot release all the details to you currently however I am investigating many leads. The most troubling of them, is why I have called you here today."

Izabelle takes a long deep breath. 

"A traitor is our midst."

...

"It's uncertain whether its someone acting alone, or a gathering of undesirables. We've discovered the retoric of Aela in the city, Strong survive the weak die. This said no one in this city could act so dangerously without a strong backer. Or a strong position. For certain, a noble is involved and because of this I cannot act rashly. This is where you come in." 

"What exactly are you asking of us princess? We're not some grand inquistors and we aren't nobles." Koko declares. 

"This is exactly why you are perfect for this task. I want you to infiltrate their faction." 

...

"Huh?" x3

"Princess you know we're beastkin right? We have ears and tails, we're not exactly what Aela would cherish." I mutter in confusion.

"While that is correct, I'm afraid you have a misconception of Aela. While their kingdom is vile and racist towards non-humans, it is not as if there are no free beastkin. Many of them are warriors however, fitting to Aela creed, this is exactly why you'll work. If you can gather a strong enough reputation, without belonging to any faction, it is my belief that they will approach you." The princess confidently explains. Preparing to continue however Koko interupts.

"And with them approaching us, they won't have any reason to be suspicious right? That makes sense but how exactly are we going to make such a name for ourselves?" Koko's unconvinced by Izzy's plan. 

"Yes, you are correct, as for your repuation... That will somewhat rely on yourselves. I will try to aid from the shadows but you'll have to use your own methods too. As adventurers I'm sure you can take on some quests to impress, while you do that I will find a shortcut for you."

...

Silence takes hold as we all ponder the Izabelles dangerous request. Without mom here it feels wrong to accept but... 

"We'll have to confer with Seyu however I think as long as our safety can be guaranteed, she'll agree.

"Excellent, the matter is not urgent yet however I will not dawdle. Please inform one of the maids bearing pink ribbons of your decision, they'll let me know."

And with that, our tea party came to an end and we immediately leave to find our way to mom's chambers. When we arrive in the room, the succubus is long gone and mom had begun to stir from her sleep. We explain the situation to her but as expected she's hesitant to agree, worrying for our safety. After a long detailed conversation, weighing the pros and cons, she finally accepts.

We return to our rooms but not before notifying one of the maids to pass the message along. Retiring for the night, I frankly needed to destress, so I dragged my bunny companion into my room. We stay up for a while, just enjoying each others company, honestly it feels like we get closer each day. I'd worry if she feels the same but her twitching ears and gentle wiggles really do betray her feelings, she's like an open book...

...

Badum~

"Ah!" I shudder awake, Asty still slumbering beside me. Unsure of what just happened, my eyes gaze towards the window, a strong pull seems to tug my senses forward. Carefully creeping out of bed as to not wake Asty I place myself in front of the open window, the moon shines down across the courtyard. I notice in the distance, trees peering over the castle, Over?! How tall are the trees?! My heart quickens in confusion and shock. Rubbing my eyes I stare at a... now... open sky?.. The fuck? Am I going crazy? 

Deciding my tired eyes are playing tricks on me, I return to my slumber, snuggling into Asty pillow.

1