Author’s Note/Memory Lane
6 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        Oceania was inspired by a real-life event that happened to my father and I. We went out sailing in our Laser sailboat during a rainy day and flipped over. I was terrified to go out in the ocean, but the second we were in the water, all that fear washed away.

        While Dad and I were stranded, we used our knowledge about sailing and imaginations to get back into shore before we were pulled out to sea (I've shared my stories with my dad since I was a little girl, so we referenced a few of my books during the incident). The plot is a little similar to Curses and Blessings; however, everything told in this story is true, and I thought it would be fun to pen it down.

        Aside from the memory aspect, I've also always loved Oceania, ever since I saw Moana, and I hope to go there one day. The name "Teuila" is a South Pacific name that I adore, so I had to give it to my main character. It's my first clue to the secret her mother and father are keeping from her.

        I wanted this piece to be a feel-good, father-daughter story. I hope to rewrite it one day and give it to my dad as a birthday present. Just like Teuila's father, he is an expert when it comes to sailing. This story is dedicated to him and the wonderful adventure we shared that day on the Atlantic Ocean.

        I hope you guys enjoy the piece. Feel free to give me ideas on how to make it better. I want to give the best possible present to my father. With that said, let's dive into Oceania!

 

- Victoria/Viktoria

 

Please do NOT plagiarize this story! I don't want to have to turn on my bad side. Just FYI.

1