Final Author’s Note/Return to the Sea
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        Hey, guys! How was Oceania? I really enjoy it's simple plot. Even though it's a little like Curses and Blessings, I think I like this story more. I thought it was a creative plot device to add an ocean birth as the reason why the main character is named "Teuila". My family is just like hers; we all love the ocean. Although, I wasn't born on the ocean.

        As I mentioned before, this story is a gift to my dad, but I wanted to share it with all my wonderful readers. I'm curious on whether or not you think it should be longer and if I should give more character development to Eric and Teuila's mom? Or, do you prefer a story primarily about Teuila and her dad? I was almost thinking about cutting her mom and Eric completely, but I'm curious on what your thoughts are on that. Eric is supposed to be based off my uncle, who was there with Mom when Dad and I flipped over. He was the one who got the lifeguards.

        Seabrook Island, like the story in a nutshell, is real. It's a little island in Charleston, South Carolina that is very dear to my childhood. It's also the location of my Claxton stories. Seabrook Island was where the accident happened. Don't worry, Dad and I were just fine.

        I think the story is very sweet and a nice touch into the father-daughter relationship. I hope you had fun reading it. I certainly had a ball writing it!

0