Chapter 2 – An Elite’s Survival
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the Hololive Office

Sakura Miko's POV

All of them fell for it. They thought they can corrupt me. I'm an Elite and those things would never harm me. I just follow wherever they're going so I won't be suspected.

I stretched from my chair and yawned as I finished streaming. I stood up and to grab something to eat.

"Miko-senpai yooo dayoo!" Ayame approached me with her usual smile.

"Yes Ayame-chan, what did you need from me?"

"You see, rushia needs your help with the opening of the portals! She's having a hard time when she's doing it alone. Shion-chan is busy learning new spells to master."

A portal? Don't tell me they're planning on opening one so they could release out more of these corrupted into our world. If that's the case, I'll help them out. But I need to find a good reason why'd it worked temporarily.

"Ah, S-sure thing! I wouldn't mind helping out rushia! I'll just grab something to drink for a bit."

"Arigato senpai! Well, I'll be back in my room and start streaming. Catch you later."

With that Ayame vanished. That Oni sure moves quickly.

Everything seems to be normal when they're streaming. However, they act so differently once they're done and do their jobs by carrying out orders of the person they call "The Fallen One".

Once my duty is done then I need to find a way to escape this company and find for the 4th Generation members. I've noticed that neither Watame, Towa, Luna, and Kanata are here. Kaichou will return by tomorrow and if she heads back here then more trouble will come.

After I grabbed a bottle of ice-cold strawberry juice, I heard my phone ring. I immediately pulled it out from my shrine outfit and read the message.

TO: Sakura Miko
FROM: Unknown Sender

Hello and Greetings. We noticed that you're one of the Hololive members who wasn't affected by the corruption. With that, please find a way to get out of the building so we could come to your aid. Don't let yourself get suspected or it's game over.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and sighed. Should I trust this message or not? Either way, I'm taking the risk. An Elite never backs down from an offer that would save her kin.

I stepped outside the building and witnessed rushia trying so hard to activate the portal.

"Ah, Miko-senpai. You came just in time! Gomene, rushia's necromancy can't activate this portal all alone. Maybe your elite powers could."

I forced myself to smile and gave her a nod.

"Anything for my kouhai's! Of course, I'm willing to help you out." With that, I assisted her.

After a moment the portal began to glow. Lost in thought several gunshots were heard from behind so I ducked immediately.

Ayame yet again came out of nowhere while holding her twin katana's and pointing to whoever that person was behind me.

"Rushia-chan, we got company. Call the others!"

"Hai senpai! Miko senpai is here so I'm sure she could handle it as well." Rushia ran back inside the building.

When I turned my back there were a group of girls wearing an Idol Outfit. Who are they? I've never seen such faces around these parts.

"Ah, there you are! We would've barged in the building just to rescue you. But it seems that your aid was needed to activate a portal. 6th Gen, keep those corrupted Hololive members distracted while I take Sakura with me!"

"Hai! Ryokai"

The female Idol walked up to me and gave me a hand and I stood up, quickly dusting off my clothing.

"We need to get out of here now!" She quickly spoke after the alarm had gone off.

Yabai, this is bad. She and I quickly ran as fast as we could while the 5 of the Idols stood on their ground and dealt with Ayame.

"The Hololive 5th Generation is after you senpai! Hurry!"

Nande? 5th Generation? That means –

"Hora, Hora. Miko senpai's being taken away! Get'em Momosuzu!"

"Hai shishiron!" Nene stood on one foot while the other one was behind her as she dashed towards us with great speed.

The female Idol I was running with whistled loudly then another group of Idols appeared before us 3 km away.

"3rd Gen, deal with the seal because everything's gonna get real!"

"Hai!" All of them responded at the same time and ensnared nene.

"Senpai, your vehicle is up ahead. We'll do our best to distract them for you."

"Thank you dear kouhai."

When we made it to the vehicle both of us went inside as the other idol started driving at a calm pace. I looked outside before gazing at the person who seemed to be a shrine maiden like me as well.

"Eto...thanks for saving me. Who are you and who are those people?" I curiously asked.

"You're Welcome. Also, my name's Tachibana Miko. Since we have similar names, you could call me Tachibana. I and the group of Idols you witnessed a while back are from an Agency called 'Starlight Productions'."

I never heard of such a company before. Did they exist just now or...

"I haven't heard of that agency. Do you live here or something Tachibana-san?"

"I'm glad you asked Sakura-san. You see, we came from another world. When the corruption began spreading across these lands, all of us were alerted of its presence. So, there you have it."

I nodded as I listened. I played with my phone for a bit while Tachibana was driving.

"So, you're Idols too huh? How many are you?"

"There are 6 Generations in JP branch, 2 Generations in the ID branch, and 3 Generations in the EN branch. I'm a member of the Beta generation. My senpais are members of the Alpha Generation. Though, we only consist of 3 members."

Chotto...I think this Idol Agency has more members than us. Now I'm interested to meet all the members. Their roles might be like ours. But with different personalities.

Wait, now's not the time to be happy. I must focus on the current situation first.

I froze for a second when I heard a loud vehicle roaring behind. I quickly looked back as I saw a monster truck after us. Where the hell did it come from?

"Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk. They're desperate to go after you huh? Well, let them come. I have already prepared for this. Sakura-san, cover your ears. I'm Immune to this tactic but it will affect you."

I followed what Tachibana said and covered my ears tightly. I can't hear anything while I'm doing this.

Suddenly, she moved her chair backward and lets go of the wheel as the vehicle was driving all by itself.

She brought out her shakuhachi and started playing with it. I turned my back to witness what would happen. The entire Gen 5 was still after me? Ho-How did they get here so fast? And what happened to those Idols distracting them?

Not for long,, I see them drop dead inside the truck and the truck went in the west direction and crashed. That move, is that what I think it is?

I turned to gaze at Tachibana and made a sign that I could already open my ears. She placed back her instrument where it belongs and continued driving.

"Surprised now, were you Sakura-san?" She turned her head halfway towards me with a smile.

"Surprised? I mean, you were holding an instrument. Is the music you're playing – could kill anyone once they hear it?" I asked curiously.

"That was the music of death. While I'm playing it and those who would listen to it will have a slight headache before dying. This isn't the only thing I could do. I can use it as well to heal people and block their magic if they're a magic-user."

"Subarashi!!! I want to learn how to do that too. But it seems impossible for me." I laughed softly

"Nothing's impossible. But it will take you 2 weeks to master it. Hit me up when you feel like you want to learn about it. Oh, I should inform my manager about your arrival." Tachibana brought out her phone and used it.

I leaned my back towards the chair in surprise as the sound of helicopters passing through startled me.

"N-N-Nani??"

"They're here already. Let's hurry up."

Tachibana stepped on the gas as she drove very fast, which made my head spin a little.

Watame's POV

I used my telescope and scouted if the enemy will show up soon. I managed to spot Hoshikawa's Helicopter. Sadly, several planes were chasing after them.

"T-T-There too many of them to count! Towa!"

"I'm on it, I'm on it"

Towa starts shooting from afar, bringing down the enemy copters one by one.

"It's about time. All of you duck this instant!" Sunohara ordered. "We have, something special prepared for them just in case this sort of situation occurs. Gen 2, initiate a nuclear launch."

All of us ducked and heard something that just launched far away. I panicked a bit as our foes were drawing near. I shut my eyes closed and braced for the upcoming impact.

A very loud "BOOM" was heard, causing the ground to convulse and some of us shout in surprise while holding her heads with both of our hands. As it was over, I took my hands off behind my head and opened my eyes and slowly turned back without standing up.

"All of you may stand up now."

I just hope Hoshikawa's group didn't get hit by that bomb they just dropped. I observed the approaching helicopter closely using my telescope, thank God they're alive, but they're somehow trembling.

As their helicopter landed on the landing zone slowly all 3 of them jumped out of the helicopter.

"T-T-That was scary! That wasn't part of the plan!" Hoshikawa exclaimed to T-chan.

"I sincerely apologize for causing you trouble. This was our only emergency attack when there are too many enemies that are after us. If we hadn't done that then you'll be at death's door before you could reach your destination."

T-chan explained and bowed at the same time. Then, I stopped her so I could ask what bomb they just launched.

"Oh? Well, it's called a "Nuclear Launch". Only the Gen 2 can operate this tactic since 1 member there plays a role as a specter. Nuclear Launch can't be used without reloading our Nuclear Arsenals, which is located 3km away from our current location."

She giggled before she left. Just where in the world are these things coming from? I decided to ignore it and move on. Besides, overthinking would blow my mind.

"So, Hoshikawa-san. You're planning to stay here in the meantime?" I asked.

"Mhmm! Also, we're waiting for Tamaki's response since we'll be under his care. That was his latest news for us with Shiina and Saku-chan."

"Naruhudo. Ja, I'll catch you guys later!" With that the 3 of them left and my gemmates just uncovered their ears just now.

"What in heavens was that Watame-chan?" Towa exclaimed.

"T-chan told me that it's some sort of a "Nuclear Launch". I have no idea." I smiled like a brat.

"W-Why are you smiling? What happens if it hits us?"

"Watame wa, warukunai yo nee, datte." I smiled deeper, but with my eyes a bit open.

"We knew you were going to say that." Kanata, Towa, and Luna said it at the same time. This will be interesting.

When we descended the stairs, we saw someone that we didn't expect to see.

"Nya-hallo."

"E-Elite-senpai? H-How?"

I ran towards her and embraced her tightly before pulling away.

"Honestly, I didn't tell you this, but that corruption does not affect me ever since I awakened my elite powers. I didn't last long so I decided to head out before I lose it and get taken control."

"Senpai is immune just because of that power? Sugee!! How's it looking back in the agency?" Kanata asked worriedly.

"Everything's not normal even if it looks like it is normal. I caused more trouble after helping out rushia open a portal."

Chotto Matte...a portal? I never heard of portals in this city too! Just what the hell is going on? Okay, first one was this explosive bomb called "Nuclear Launch" and now Portals? Are we in a game or something? Cause I would like to respawn after I die.

Then another shrine maiden came out from the shadows and sighed.

"Hello fellow Hololive Gen 4. I'm Tachibana Miko. But call me Tachibana since I have the same name as your senpai. We'll get to the introductions later." She cleared her throat and started explaining.

"So, opening a portal was a terrible idea since the corrupted that are living within our world will gain access to it and just walk out through that portal."

"In other words...?" I tilted my head.

"We'll be facing an army of corrupted in a short time. This is why you need to start training using your weapons in a short time as well. It holds special abilities as well so I'm curious about it! We'll train when the dragon returns!"

With that Tachibana bowed and left us. Hoshikawa, Saku, and Shiina followed her going downstairs. As for us, we headed back to the 7th floor.

"I'm glad to have you here senpai. I thought you became one of the corrupted. It would be really difficult for us to fight against you with you and your elite powers." I chuckled.

"Heh? Sōdesu ka? I mean, no one could underestimate my true power. I mean, Kanata can encounter my attacks can't she now?"

"Senpai, I would fall to the ground if I reached my limit. So, there's no way a gorilla-like me could last long." Kanata sighed.

"There's no way that would happen Kanata. It's all in your mind, not your body. Confidence is all you need to beat me."

Senpai held an "ok" hand gesture and laughed.

We all slumped on the couch together as senpai was sitting in the middle, looking a bit tired.

"What do we do now Miko-senpai? We can't just sit here all day and watch the chaos unfold." Towa worriedly asked as Kanata made a smug face on her.

"Awwwee is Towa-chan worried?"

"Urusai! I wasn't speaking to you!" Towa pouted and crossed her arms, making the Tenshi snicker.

"With Kaichou's return we still lack in number. So, we'll need the help of this company and all the members we could gather. But we need first to know the current situation and we have to know them first." Miko stretched a little.

"So far, I only met a girl named Yosei, senpai," I spoke.

When Miko-senpai was about to speak up I saw A-chan heading towards us with a smile and wave.

"A-chan!" We all said her name at the same time.

"Hai, hai. Now I came here to get all of you. I want to show you something incredible that this company had been doing to keep an eye on the rest of the Hololive members!"

All of us looked at each other in surprise and immediately stood up together as we followed A-chan's footsteps. This company sure has many surprises, not gonna lie.

We followed her going outside the building as she led us towards another building.

As we have arrived, we were all amazed. There were more than 50 Screens that were installed and most of my senpai's streams were being watched. Technology sure is great.

"Oh right, I almost forgot. The ones operating here currently are the 6th Generation members of this company. You should go and say hi. I'll be back with T-chan." With that A-chan left us.

Miko-senpai, Luna-chan, Kanata-chan, and Towa-chan gazed at me as I gazed around, lost in thought.

"Watame-chan, you should go first. I mean, we'll just follow you." Towa smiled as she was starting to sweat bullets.

"EH? Why me?"

"Because Towa-chan said so." Luna snickered sinisterly.

I rolled my eyes and sighed as I went upstairs and located where the members of the 6th Generation are. It took me at least 10 minutes to find them since the building was a bit wide.

I knocked and opened the door.

"Kon-ban-dododo."

The spinning chairs that were facing the PC turned towards me as I saw the members of the 6th Generation.

"Wahh! It's Watame! Come in, come in!" The girl in the middle giggled.

As I went inside my fellow gemmates and my senpai followed. I thought they left me on my own devices.

"Umm...welcome to our place. I bet you're all surprised!"

"Yeah, we were! How can you even monitor our members this far?" Miko senpai asked.

"Well, we're professional programmers at this point if you'd ask me. Can you see the current streams of your beloved Hololive members? They look normal in the streams, as if –"

The girl on the 1st chair paused tilted her head a bit, but not in a scary way.

"The mastermind doesn't want to let the people know what's happening in their real-life situation." She finished her sentence and sighed.

"A-Anyways, it's nice to meet you. You can stay first in our building while waiting for your fellow dragon friend. We've already let A-chan inform her of your current location so there's no need to worry about a thing." The girl from the middle winked before standing up.

"So, what will we do now?"

"Let's head downstairs to the kitchen and interact there. We're pretty beat up from all this programming thing and we want to have a snack break with you all."

And my gemmates was eager to have a conversation since we want to know more about them. After they went out, we followed.

I just hope that Kaichou makes it safely.

0