Chapter 4: High Priestess
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the entrance of Forest of Exiled.

A horde of people stared at the person who was being held by two strong-looking immortals and placed in the center of the altar. Then a beautiful woman wearing a white robe walked toward him before incanting a ritual.

A moment later, golden light glows faintly as strange runes emerge, covering the person within the center.

"The moment of truth has come. This person, a mortal, Enos.. has committed a grave sin that was totally unforgivable! So... I call the power of the Archangel of Justice, Raguel. Heed my call and use Karma on this person to repent the sin he had done, inside this forest."

"I bestow to you, Archangel of Justice, the rights to give this person the punishment he deserves. With your justice, evil won't succeed and wrong will become right."

As the ritual was completed, a blinding light suddenly showed up, engulfing Enos, as thunderclap resounded with lightning striking the altar.

A loud explosion almost deaf all the immortals present at the scene.

"No! My... My son..."

"Lady Lyra, you have also committed a crime that was unforgivable along with the Seventh Lord. You have violated the Tenth Law of the world, 'Mortals must need to be thrown at Forest of Exiled the moment they were born.' You must be punished for the crime you had done!"

"High Priestess.. You're the one committing crimes!"

"How dare you say that to the High Priestess! Even if you're the Seventh Lord, you deserve to be punished!"

"High Priest.. please calm down. All evilness will be wiped out with goodness."

"Yes.. High Priestess."

"How could being mortal is a sin?! My son has not committed any sins! How... how could it be his sin for being born in this world?!"

"It says in the Divine Book that mortals are the exterminator of immortals."

"That's bullshit! How could mortals kill immortals?! That's outrageous! You're abusing your authority."

"Aries, as the Seventh Lord, and one of us, you must obey the law! The law is absolute! You must be punished and deprived of your title!"

"That's right! Your family is a sinner and a variable in this world!"

"Yeah, they must be punished as well, high priestess! They're the ones who are abusing their authority!"

"How.. how dare all of you do this to us and accuse us?! High Priestess... you must deal this with just! We.. we didn't commit any crimes! We're just a parent who loves their own child!"

"My father is right! It's just because you can't feel and understand the love of a parent since you don't have a child, High Priestess!"

"Sir Neon, how could you be this bold?! You need to die to repent your sin! How dare you insulted the High Priestess?!"

"Calm down, High Priest. We must not get carried away by emotions."

"And Sir Neon, you have also been recorded of violating the 756th Law of this world, 'An immortal having Archangel's power must not intercourse with any blood-related immortals.' and 2226th Law of this world, 'An immortal must not use his Special Skill to a mortal to do an incest.'"

"That's an accusation! How.. how could I have done that?!"

"Through the power of Archangel of Justice, Raguel, the Guilt Embodiment... I have known the sin you need to repent! Using your Special Skill (Thought Manipulation) of Archdemon of Annihilation, Dantalion, and (Love Manipulation) of Archdemon of Incest, Beleth, you have done sexual intercourse with your brother before changing his memory. And it was done numerous times. This crime is beyond forgivable! You must be deprived of your power and title!"

"That's.. that's a lie! I.. I can't do such a thing."

"Neon, is.. is that true?!"

"Father.. no.. it's.. it's not true!"

"Neon, tell me the truth?!"

"Mom.. please.. believe me.."

"I call the power of (Blessing Manipulation) of Archangel of Fortune, Barachiel, to deprive the power of the immortal, Neon!"

A splendid light suddenly emerges from the sky, directed towards Neon.

When the light was about to touch Neon, a thick dark aura suddenly emerge, covering his whole body, before devouring all the lights that comes to him.

"It's indeed powerful. The power of seven deadly sins is truly absolute but unfortunately, you need to be deprived of it."

"High Priest, help me."

The High Priest, using the same incantation, use the same special skills, making the Blessing Manipulation doubled.

"I will just help you this once!"

Synthia, who's watching from afar.. lifts her hands towards Neon, and a super thick dark aura shot out, creating a horde of demons with supernatural strength.

The Blessing Manipulation then attacks the demons instead of Neon, depriving its strength before the skills end.

"Who is it?"

"It's me.. High Priestess, my dear sister."

"Synthia?! How.. how.. could you.. be alive?!"

"Sister? Don't.. tell me, Synthia was the one who... No! That can't be!"

"Aries.. is she.. the true Synthia? How.. how could she have such.. powers?"

"So.. Helen was telling the truth. Dang it! I don't need help, especially from her!"

"So the High Priestess has siblings? And she seems powerful as well!"

"This is an unexpected turn of events. How.. how could this happen in a ceremony?"

"Damn her! Why butt in! That Aries was so close to being deprived of his power!"

"Elder Sister... did you miss me?"

"You evil! How come you're still alive?! You can't be alive! You have died already!"

"Why? Can you do anything to my Absolute Immortality, High Priest?"

"Ab.. Absolute Immortality? That's impossible!"

"It's nice to see you again after so long, elder sister."

"Synthia... You.. you have committed a deadly sin. You.. you must die!"

"But I can't. You can't kill me."

"High Priest... Please ready yourself."

"High Priestess.. you!... you must not do that!"

"High Priest.. We have no choice. My.. my sister has become stronger than before."

"But... you might die!"

"I don't care. Just get ready."

"Ye..yes."

"Shirin, you don't need to do anything."

"What.. what do you..."

"I call the Ultimate God and oath that I would never bring any threat to the world from this day onward! I offer my Absolute Immortality, and if I violate this oath... I would die instantly."

"A sinner can't call the Ultimate God."

Contrary to the High Priest's expectation, thunderclap suddenly echoed as black violet lightning struck Synthia, proving the authenticity of the oath.

"That's.. that's impossible!"

"Synthia.. how... how could you... call the Ultimate God?"

"Because it wasn't me who annihilated the former Ninth Region. It.. it was my.. husband!"

"What? It.. it can't be..."

"You're right. He has the Oblivion Embodiment, and has more powers than you."

"So my guess was right!"

"High Priestess.. what does she mean?"

"Lucas has framed her and lied to us."

"What?! No.. With your Guilt Embodiment.. you can't possibly..."

"High Priest... My Guilt Embodiment is not that powerful. It's unusable if one doesn't have repentance for their sin."

"So we punished the wrong person?"

"Yes. Synthia... I'm.. I'm sorry. I.. I have made a big mistake."

"We're so sorry, miss Synthia."

"I don't show myself for this. I just want to say... that to compensate for your mistake, spare the Seventh Lord and his family."

"But... that's impossible, Miss Synthia!"

"High Priest, we need to comply with her."

"Why? High Priestess, we cannot let any sinner exempted!"

"But that's been approved by the Ultimate God."

"What?!"

"Due to the help of my sister, Synthia, your family will be exempted from any punishment. The ceremony has finally concluded here."

"That's unfair! How... How could you exempt them?! They deserve to be depr.."

The Sixth Lord was suddenly struck down by lightning, making his angelic powers to be removed.

"No one must question the decision of the Ultimate God."

"Synthia... Why?"

"Why? What are you talking about, Madam?"

"Why did you help us?"

"It's because Seventh Lord and Madam is my boss."

"Then thanks. I..  I will never forget your kindness."

"Madam don't need to do this. I.. I just did what I need to do."

"Tha.. thanks."

"You're welcome, Sir Neon."

"Neon! Come to my room when we get home!"

"Ye--yes, Dad."

"You'll be grounded for ten years in your room!"

"Ye--yes, mom."

"Sir Neon... I.. I would never forgive you."

"I know."

"How.. how could you do that to him?!"

"I'm grateful for your kindness but I don't promise that I will be grateful for you all my life, Miss Synthia."

"Neon! How could you say that to her?! She saves us!"

"Madam, it's fine."

"I love my brother, so I did it with him."

"Neon! Are you crazy?!"

"Stop this in an instant, Neon! How.. how could you love your brother?! Are you insane?!"

"Yes.. I am. And I hate this woman."

"How dare you act like this?! You'll be grounded for another 20 years without leaving your room!"

"That's fine. But I would still hate her even if she save my life. She.. How dare she steal Enos from me?"

"Can't you see yourself right now?! You're.. you're disgusting!"

"Yeah, I am! But what's so wrong about it?!"

"Let's just go home now!"

"Ahm.. Lady Lyra, may I speak with my sister first?"

"Yes, High Priestess."

Then the Seventh Lord and Lyra, who is burning with shame and anger, bring their child to their own manor.

"Synthia... you probably didn't do what he's talking about, right?"

"Elder Sister, I'm sorry."

"Synthia. You.. you're pregnant, aren't you?!"

"Elder Sister, what.. what are you talking about?"

"Synthia, there's another strong angelic aura in your stomach."

"Elder.. sister..."

"You love that person?! But you're still bound by the marriage with Lucas."

"I'm sorry, elder sister."

"You don't need to apologize. So, he's the reason why you save their life, right?"

"Yes. They're.. they're still the family of Enos."

"But he's a mortal, Miss Synthia. You two can't possibly be together."

"We know. That.. that's why.. Enos.. had gone to that forest."

"So.. it's.. just all his plan?"

"Yes. Elder Sister.. it.. I wouldn't get punished.. for being pregnant.. by him, right?"

"Yes, since the baby is an immortal. And if you're talking about the marriage, Lucas was the first one who dissolve the essence of your marriage and leave you for ten years."

"Thank goodness."

Then the two siblings spent several hours, filling those times they didn't get to be together.

2