Chapter 2: King’s Crowns
91 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “I hear it,” Said Steve. His voice sounded happy and accomplished.

 

“Great, congratulations kid. So what did you get?” Asked the Game Master.

 

“A boy’s voice said ‘Manipulate Electricity, Manipulate Fire.’ So I think I can manipulate electricity and fire.” Said Steve sounding happy.

 

“That’s great news, those are some sick powers.” Said the Game Master.

 

“That’s great and all but how do I use it?” Asked Steve while having a confused look on his face.

 

"It's pretty hard, but you are in luck. I know of the perfect person that can help you." Said the Game Master with a smile on his face.

 

"That's great, when will I meet him?" Asked Steve with a bright smile. His voice sounded as happy as a little kid getting free ice cream.

 

Before the Game Master could respond. A cute voice spoke out.

 

"Good morning bro, Who are you talking to?" Asked Steve's sister. Her voice sounded tired.

 

"Good morning Chloe, Did you sleep well?" Asked Steve. 

 

"Yes I slept well, did you make food?" Asked Chloe.

 

Before Steve could even answer the question, He got interrupted.

 

"I should get going, I'll come by tomorrow so you can meet 'The Fire Emperor.' He should teach you how to use your fire ability." Said the Game Master. 

 

Steve and Chloe said their goodbyes to the Game Master and continued their day. As the day went by Steve couldn’t stop thinking about tomorrow. 

 

“Hey bro, what is that ring on your finger?” Asked Chloe. 

 

“At the funeral, an old man gave it to me. It reminds me of the ring mom used to have.” Said Steve. His voice sounded happy yet sad.

 

“That’s so cool, I wish he gave me one also.” Said Chloe. Her voice sounded jealous.

 

“I can give it to you if you want it that bad.” Said Steve.

 

“No, It’s okay the old man gave it to you for a reason. At least I think so.” Said Chloe while trying not to sound sad.

 

[The Next Day]

 

Steve wakes up early from excitement. He woke up too early though. After five hours the Game Master arrived.

 

“Are you ready Steve?” Asked the Game Master

 

“Yes, I am ready to depart.” Said, Steve

 

The Game Master showed Steve the way to the car. Once the Game Master opened the car door Steve got in. The Game Master got inside and also sat right next to Steve. 

 

“This will be a pretty long ride, So I will explain to you how heros operate. Let’s begin with the alliances. There are four alliances, The Science Alliance, The Psychic Alliance, The Magic Alliance, and finally The Manipulation Alliance. The alliances are separated by their powers. So humans with scientific power will go to the science alliance. If your power can go into multiple alliances. You would be able to choose which one you would like to join.” Says the Game Master.

 

“Which one would I join?” Asks Steve.

 

“Well since your powers are [Fire Manipulation] and [Electricity Manipulation] you would join the Manipulation Alliance.” Said the Game Master.

 

“Is that the one you are in?” Asked Steve.

 

“Yes, since my power is [Game Board Manipulation], I also am in the Manipulation Alliance. The Fire Emperor would also be in the Manipulation Alliance since he has [Fire Manipulation] just like you.” Said the Game Master.

 

“That’s so cool.” Said Steve. He jumped in excitement and hit his head on the car roof.

 

“Now within these alliances, there are groups. There are hundreds of groups. But my group is called ‘The King’s Crowns’ which consists of 4 people including me.” Said the Game Master. 

 

“Are you the strongest in the group?” Asked Steve

 

“I am not the strongest, But I am the leader.” Said the Game Master.

 

“This is not only going to be a training session for you to use your powers. But also a test to see if you can join The King’s Crowns.” Said the Game Master

 

“That’s great, I will prove my worth to you and the group.” Said Steve. 

 

“We have arrived, sir.” Said the driver.

 

“We have arrived, Steve. Let’s go in shall we.” Said the Game Master.

 

When Steve looked outside, There was a gigantic tower. The text on the tower said Manipulation Alliance.

 

“That’s enormous.” Said Steve he looked surprised.

 

The Game Master opens the door. Steve and The Game Master enter the building, and they walk over to the reception.

 

"Hello, Game Master, How can I be of service to you?" Says a robot lady. 

 

"Hello, Jenna, Steve here is going through some training, in our training station. Could you get him a set of fireproof clothes?" The Game Master asked Jenna.

 

"Yes, right away," Jenna said.

 

Jenna vanished and came back in less than a second.

 

"Here, The fireproof clothes." Said Jenna while handing the clothes to Steve.

 

"Isn't this too short?" Asked Steve.

 

"These clothes automatically fit your size." Said Jenna.

 

"That's so cool, but wouldn't this cost a fortune?" Said Steve.

 

"It does, but since you are training. Our group will provide you with an extra." Said the Game Master.

 

"You can keep it, But only if you pass the test ." Said the Game Master.

 

"Yes, of course, and I will." Said Steve confidently.

 

Steve and The Game Master walk over to the elevator and push the call button. The elevator arrives and they walk inside.

 

"There are forty-five floors. Which one are we going to?" Asked Steve.

 

"The twenty-third floor." Said the Game Master.

 

Steve pushed the button to go to the twenty-third floor. When they arrived, someone was there waiting for them.

 

"Hello, Captain, Sergeant Michelle reporting to duty." Said, Michelle, she was saluting.

 

"Hello there Michelle, this is Steve, Steve this is Michelle." Says The Game Master.

 

"Hello, Recruit, are you here to join our group?" Asked Michelle

 

"Yes, I am here to train my powers and to take the test." Said Steve.

 

"Oh, am I supposed to teach you?" Said, Michelle

 

“Even though you are a good teacher. His powers are not suited for you to train. Fire will teach him." Said the Game Master

 

"Mr.Emperor himself is teaching, what an honor to meet his disciple." Said Michelle sarcastically

 

"Why did she say it like that?" Whispered Steve to the Game Master.

 

"Fire Emperor was her ex-boyfriend." Whispered the Game Master to Steve.

 

"Anyways, we will get going now." Said the Game Master.

 

Game Master and Steve walked to the training room. Steve is amazed by what he sees. The Fire Emperor was flying at a speed so fast. Steve couldn't even see it with his own eyes. 

 

"Oh, didn't see you there." Said The Fire Emperor.

 

"Hey Fire, this was the kid I was talking about." Said the Game Master.

 

"So, what do you need me to teach?" Asked The Fire Emperor

 

"The basics, for now at least." Said the Game Master.

 

"Well okay, I will take care of the kid, see you later Robert." Said The Fire Emperor to the Game Master.

 

"Thank you Fire, I’ll see you later and Steve. When it’s time for you to go home, there will be a driver ready.” Said the Game Master.

 

“Okay, bye Game Master.” Said Steve.

 

“Now that Robert is gone, I’ll start by teaching you how to be immune to fire.” Said the Fire Emperor.

 

“What do I have to do?” Asked Steve.

 

“Before that, I will ask you a question. Are you prepared to be a Hero, no matter what hardship you have to go through?” Said the Fire Emperor. His voice sounded serious.

 

“I am, No matter what I will take revenge on the villains.” Said Steve. He looked determined to go to hell to get revenge.

 

“Well said, Now we should start. This will hurt like hell, but you have to push through it.” Said The Fire Emperor.

 

“I said I was ready, let’s start.” Said Steve.

 

“Okay, put both of your hands out, Then I will put both your hands on fire and you try to control it.” Said The Fire Emperor.

 

And he did just that. The Fire Emperor lit Steve’s hands-on fire, the fire was so hot it could melt steel.

 

“Ahhhhhhhhh!” Screamed Steve in pain.

 

“Control it, you gain resistance to fire the more you make it flow through your body.” Said The Fire Emperor.

 

Steve pushed through it and the fire started to slowly cool down. After Steve got his immunity to fire, the Fire Emperor extinguished the fire from Steve’s hands. 

 

“Well you did it, but now your hands are torched.” Said The Fire Emperor. 

 

Steve’s hands turned black, Steve was still feeling pain. So The Fire Emperor gave him some pain-relieving medicine.

 

“Steve, now that you learned to be immune to fire. Next is the ability to heal with fire.” Said The Fire Emperor.

 

“How long will that take?” Asked Steve.

 

“It depends on you, but in my experience. It takes around one month to learn it.” Said The Fire Emperor.

 

Steve looks at the window.

 

“It’s already night.” Said, Steve

 

“Yes, it’s already time for you to go home. I recommend you to not use your hands too much. As you have damaged them.” Said The Fire Emperor.

 

“Alright, see you later, Fire Emperor.” Said Steve.

 

Steve took the elevator to the terrain. The driver was there waiting for him.

 

“Hello there, Steve are you ready to go?” Asked, The Driver.

 

“I am, do you know how to get to my house?” Asked Steve

 

“I know the whole city, you have nothing to worry about.” Said, The Driver.

 

“Then, let’s go.” Said Steve.

 

The driver opens the car door, Steve gets inside the car. Then the driver starts driving to Steve’s house. After forty minutes they arrive at Steve’s house.

 

“Thank you, see you tomorrow.” Said Steve to the driver.

 

Steve walks to the front door and opens it. He walks to Chloe’s room and sees that she is already asleep. He walks to the kitchen and a meal is already made for him.

 

[The Next Day]

Steve gets dressed and eats breakfast. His sister is still sleeping so he leaves a note for her. The note said ‘I’ll be back at night, make sure to eat.’ He unlocks the door and opens it, then he walks outside and the driver is already waiting for him.

 

“Sleep well?” Asked the driver.

 

“Yes, as soon as I got in my bed I fell asleep instantly.” Steve Said.

 

“That’s good to hear.” Said the driver.

 

“We should get going.” Said the driver.

 

The driver opens the car door and Steve gets inside the car. The driver starts up the car and they get going. After forty minutes they arrive at the Manipulation Alliance building. Steve opens the car door and gets out of the car, he walks to the building entrance and opens the door.

 

“Hey, Jenna.” Said Steve.

 

“Hello Steve, are you going to need the clothes from yesterday?” Said Jenna.

 

“Yes.” Said Steve.

 

Jenna vanished and came back in less than a second.

 

"Here, The fireproof clothes." Said Jenna while handing the clothes to Steve.

 

“Thanks, Jenna.” Said, Steve

 

Steve walked toward the elevator and waited for the elevator to arrive. He walked inside the elevator and pushed the twenty-third button when the elevator arrived. When he arrived there was no one there, so he walked to the training room and there was someone training.

 

“Hello.” Said, Steve

 

“Hello recruit.” Said Michelle.

 

“How did the training with Fire go?” Asked Michelle.

 

“Well, I learned fire immunity but my hands are fucked up.” Said Steve.

 

“That’s Fire for you, his teachings are the best and the worst.” Said Michelle.

 

“Why is that?” Asked Steve

 

“Well, even though you can learn fire immunity not many can. Not only because they don’t have the same power as you but because it’s dangerous. That’s where Fire comes in. He knows how to learn it fast and survive at the same time. But of course, you go through a lot of pain, and not just everyone can, you also need a strong mind.” Said Michelle.

 

“He is something huh.” Said, Steve 

 

“Yeah, he is,” said Michelle in a daze.

 

“Well anyway, what are your powers?” Asked Steve.

 

“I have the capability of beating everyone in the team.” Said, Michelle 

 

“Wow, how?” Asked Steve he looked surprised.

 

“That’s because I also have two powers like you.” Said Michelle.

 

“I can manipulate bullets and have a secret power that nobody knows, except me.” Said Michelle whilst smirking.

 

Steve smiled, while Steve and Michelle were talking. Fire Emperor and Game Master arrived. 

 

Now that they arrived Steve can start his journey, to defeat all villains and take revenge for his mother.

2