Chapter 1 – Fox Reincarnation
2.3k 7 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I could hear muffled screaming in the background, and at the same time, my body felt as though it was being squished through a tight tunnel.

It felt as though my brain wasn’t working properly, and the only things I could think of at the moment were simple concepts: Pain, fear, and more pain.

Measuring time was basically impossible, but the whole ordeal felt as though it took years, but thankfully, it eventually came to an end, and I could light shining through and into my eyes, which for some reason really hurt.

Instinctively, I began to cry at the coldness, pain, and confusion that seemed to surround me like a fog of evil. It didn't even occur to me to hold back my instincts, my mind far too clouded for me to do so.

Warmness soon surrounded me, and then, something even warmer hugged me tightly. I was shifted around a bit, and soon enough, my face was pressed against something that smelled... good. Very good.

My instincts were quick to take over, and before I even knew it, I'd latched onto whatever it was I'd been smushed against, sucking on it desperately, swallowing down the warm, sweet fluid flowing into my throat.

When my deceptively massive hunger was finally sated, I was finally able to gather my wits back together into a coherent and hopefully working whole.

Despite my eyesight being complete trash, I tried to take a stock of my surroundings. And, well, let's just say that what I saw was definitely not what I expected.

We were in a small room that looked suspiciously like the inside of a tent, even if a somewhat large one. Below us, there was a large furry carpet covering the whole floor, and over at one corner, I could see random bits and bobs just lying there, some broken and some not.

Satisfied with my half-hearted inspection, I relaxed, my body already feeling unresponsive and tired. Still, there was just one more thing I wanted to see before I surrendered to the ever more attractive prospect of sleep.

I looked up, and when I did, I finally beheld the tired and sweaty face of a beautiful woman staring down at me. The woman who'd just birthed me and breasted me.

It was only at that point that my hazy mind began to put the pieces of the, in all honestly, rather simple puzzle together and churn out a conclusion.

Had I been... Reincarnated? But why? I don't remember dying? Or had I been taken in by some crazy cult that had somehow transplanted my consciousness into a young baby?

I didn't really know the answer, but at this point, I was far too sleepy to care. A large and warm hand descended on my head, gently scratching something both foreign and very sensitive on it. Something that also felt really, really good.

I closed my eyes and leaned into the touch, and before I even knew it, I'd fallen asleep.

There were no Goddesses to greet me in my dreams and tell me I was the chosen one, nor was there some kind of prophet-like revelation telling me everything I wanted. In fact, by the time I woke up, I was pretty sure I hadn't dreamt at all.

A dull, gnawing feeling in my stomach alerted me as to why I'd woken up despite still feeling tired. My rational mind immediately realized what was about to happen, but was unable to stop me from crying out.

Within seconds, the same beautiful woman I'd seen before came running into the tent, quickly closing the leather 'doors' as she entered, shaking off the layer of snow that had gathered on her body and tails once she had.

My mind didn't yet realize the oddity of that fact though, too concerned over the issue of needing substance, and my cries only got louder when the woman came closer.

She didn't hesitate to take off the roughly-made fur jacket covering her body, revealing two decently large breasts, and before I even knew it, my face had been shoved right into one of the nipples.

I felt as if I was dying inside, shame and humiliation burning within me as my body once more went into autopilot, forcing me to drink the sweet milk of what I was now pretty much sure was my mother.

Now, scientifically speaking, I understood perfectly well the biological need of getting breast milk, or at least specially made milk for a baby. It transferred antibodies from mother to offspring, and also formed a sort of bond between mother and child.

Unfortunately, that did little to prevent the burning embarrassment that I felt as I let go of my mother's breast, my tongue darting out to lick my lips.

Laughing silently, mother smiled down at me as she deposited me into my warm, furry bed, one that upon further inspection revealed itself to be nothing more than a pile of half-treated furs gathered together on the ground.

Unfortunately, now that I was finally back in control of myself, or, well, in as much control as a baby could be in, I finally began to realize the truth of my situation.

I did my best to stave away the encroaching panic attack, and instead, I focused my attention on my mother, who was busy dressing back up, keeping an eye on me as she did.

What immediately struck me the most about her were the large, fox-like ears at the top of her head. They were brownish-red, and the way they blended into her long crimson hair was almost mystifying.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, three furry tails the same color as her fox-like ears rested beside her, sprouting out from her tailbone. They were long and fluffy, and as I stared at them, one of them playfully came close to me, waving back and forth in between my range.

My rational thinking practically flew out the window at the sight, because instead of ignoring it as I should have, I tried to catch it with my short, flimsy, baby little arms, waving them around like a drunken idiot as I tried and failed to crawl towards the interesting furry things, feeling strange little sounds forcing themselves out of my throat as I did.

When one of them finally came within my reach, I quickly latched onto it, holding it as though my life depended on it, so much so that I even tried to bite it with my toothless gums.

I heard chuckling from behind me, something that broke me out of my spell. Letting go of the tail, I turned to see the woman who had given me this new life smiling and giggling quietly while staring at me, her two other tails waving side-to-side behind her with clear mirth in them.

We spent the next few hours playing together like this, with her playfully allowing me to try and catch her tails or hands, or alternatively, with her pouncing on me and tickling me, which never failed to cause me to break out into desperate laughter.

Despite everything, by the time night came, I felt surprisingly happy and relaxed despite also feeling as though I would fall asleep the moment I closed my eyes.

Mother, and boy did it feel weird to regard this strange, inhuman woman as my mother, didn't miss that fact. Without missing a beat, she gathered me up in her arms before snuggling into bed, holding me close to her chest as she did.

This time, my instinct and mind didn't conflict as I snuggled close to her, shoving my head into her collarbone, arching my head into her hands as they came up to scratch it gently.

Despite knowing that I'd feel horribly embarrassed about this come morning, I... found myself not really caring.

The scratches were just that good, after all.

82