FILE-002: DAY_WITHOUT_A_LIGHT
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey, welcome back folks! Your narrator is back and will tell you more about the story of our detectives. What could possibly happen after Blake lost his sense of touch? Will it come back, or is it permanent? Well, time to find out!

*computer beeps*

Screen showed the default computer desktop display.

Ahh, there we go, File Number 2.

Looks like Blake and Klenn went back to their mansion. The suspect of the shooting was taken to the department for interrogation. Klenn requested for a leave to their captain. Bobby knew there is a fundamental reason for the request and immediately approved. What a nice guy!

Doctors and nurses went to check up on Blake upon knowing what happened. Symptoms indicate that Blake had suffered from fatigue, and needed to rest for days to return back to their occupations. Klenn was worried about Missus, the city they were supposed to investigate, but right now Blake's health is the priority.

Klenn loved to take care of his partner, as Blake used to frequently nurse her to health. According to the statements, hmm, Klenn is actually prone to sickness as she has problems in her immune system. She was diagnosed with asthma at a young age, had pneumonia years after, and survived. Strong woman, Klenn Decker! A strong woman indeed!

Wait, is this a perfect time to tell her backstory? This is, right? I mean... no, no. We need to build up the tension! If you're wondering where I knew her backstory, there is a different folder here in the computer. Weird as it may, these are all their backstories. All of the characters of the whole story, I will not spoil it for you.

Erm, anyway, there's that! Blake moved his fingers, his toes and his lower body. That smile on his face, I think it means he can feel again. He quickly got up on his bed, and wondered why there is no light in the room.

Klenn went in his room to bring his breakfast. She is a good cook as she learned culinary arts in a young age by watching her mother and with the help of videos. She saw Blake reaching for something, almost looked like a zombie.

"Klenn? You there?" Blake asked. "Why is it so dark?"

"Huh?" Klenn was, again, dumbfounded by her partner's statements.

"I actually requested for a one-week leave, and here we are going with your jokes again?" Klenn replied. "If you can move, then stretch those legs and eat!"

Klenn, if I'm there, I'll actually tell you that your partner is a top detective. Get it? The word 'top' meaning above all others? And if someone that smart has the audacity to crack a joke the moment they wake up, there's something called 'shooting the head'.

"No, Klenn. I'm actually not joking. I can't see a thing! How can you?" Blake asked.

Klenn put down the breakfast tray on the table. She had something in mind: she raised her two fingers, slowly stepped back, and pushed it in a way that will pierce through Blake's eyes. You know where this would lead, Blake did not flinched. Not an inch, not even a millimeter or whatever small measurements you want. Blake is Mr. Blind Detective. No offense people, I have nothing against disabilities.

"Tsk, what's happening to you?" Klenn asked. She sat beside Blake on the edge of the bed.

"I don't know." Blake replied. "Or did you actually put something in my eye the moment we went back here, you know, in order to get back from y-" Klenn stuffed his mouth with a spoon filled with rice and soup.

"Just shut up for a bit, Blake. I'm worried. I'm thinking." Klenn softly said.

Blake knew the moment his partner acted different, he would, too, have to be serious.

"Yesterday, I lost my touch." Blake said. Klenn looked at his eyes and tried to find what happened to his eyes, but everything looked normal outside.

"Is that why you feel to the ground, and did not cuffed that shooter the proper way?" Klenn asked.

"Yep. It's like I was just flying, you know? I did not feel my body at all, and when you said my head is bleeding, I didn't even feel any pain." Blake replied.

Both of them knew this was not normal.

"But now, I can feel. I can't like, see now, right?" Blake asked. He held tightly on the bed sheets.

Klenn may be strong but she can't take it when her partner suffers. There were more light reasons for her to make fun when sometimes he gets hurt, but this is on another level. She knew the possibilities and the risks if they continue their work at this state.

"I- I made some calls to some doctors and they'll see you again soon for observations." Klenn said as she picked up the spoon and piled the set of food again. "For now, regain your energy and rest."

A few minutes later, Klenn continued to feed Blake, and let him rest. He was so asleep that you would think everything is back to normal.

A new goal was set for our female protagonist. Additional to solving the whereabouts of the missing residents, she was determined to find what is happening to her partner.

Klenn went down to the library section of the mansion, the most peaceful area in the place aside from the fountain garden. Residing in these shelves are general knowledge books, but majority of them were filled about topics of Orion's journey, Blake's father. Those books ranged from the first case he solved, and to the point where he had written his journey travelling to various places.

Why is she here, you may ask? Based on logic, many diseases are genetically influenced, and she thought somewhere around here, Blake's father has experienced the same thing.

She dived into a reading spree and read the adventures of Orion Panzer. She did learned something; Blake's genius mind came from his father, and his caring side from his mother, Melly Panzer. These two gave everything they had in order for Blake to have a brighter future, but they died before knowing he was doing well to fight for justice. Every family deserves to witness the rising of their sons and daughters, and it's sad to know that there were ones who fell down before the grand show. Rest in peace, noble parents!

She stumbled upon a book without a title. She read the first pages, and found out that this is a story about Orion's last case. A quick glance on her watch and her eyes widened. It was 11:30 in the evening, reading took most of her time and she did not notice the sun setting down. This library has no windows, who would notice the time?

Klenn cooked Blake's dinner and put it on a tray, similar to the one she brought for breakfast. She opened the door and caught Blake wiping his own tears. Klenn kept quiet and gradually served the food to his sick partner.

"Where were you Klenn?" Blake asked.

"Library. I... was bored and I took some time reading." Klenn explained. "Sorry, didn't notice the time."

"Nah, I'm not mad or anything." Blake replied. "It's just... without seeing anything, you'll actually feel alone in the world."

Klenn felt her heart crushed by his words. She knew Blake was in real pain, and if it went on for too long, well, things will go bad I guess.

The solemn bells chimed at the living room, just outside Blake's bedroom. It resounded across the halls, only hearing it today as they were both awake at 12 in the morning.

Oh? What's this?

Blake gasped and stopped moving.

"What's wrong?" Klenn asked.

Blake went to move his head around, and then finally looking at Klenn's eyes. The smile on his face went clear as he shouted, "I... I can see! I can see, Klenn!"

Klenn was overjoyed to see the return of Blake's jolly attitude. Despite their celebration, she was still thinking the same question I would ask. How the hell did that happen?

"Still, we should let the doctors observe you to be sure." Klenn said. Blake nodded, and sat down near the table. He smelled the food, got hungry and started feeding himself.

Klenn smiled, and asked, "How was the food? I cooked your favorite. Curry." Blake, just after losing his sight and finally regaining it back, was seemingly bothered by something.

"Klenn... you sure you cooked well today?" Blake asked. Klenn took a spoon and tasted her own cooking, and it tasted normal, as usual it was good.

Hmmm, this time, Klenn knew what to expect, but still shockingly said, "No way...", with her eyes widened.

"Damn it!" Blake shouted with anger.

They slept after the commotion as they got tired of thinking things through. Blake was excessively tying events to events to draw a conclusion, while Klenn was worried about her partner. But they had a goal in mind, to solve the missing incidents of Missus.

Good morning, humans! Good morning, animals! Good morning everything that we can see, smell, feel, hear and taste, except for one man! I'm pretty sure if the nature is speaking... well, it would have said that.

It's another day as we witness the story of our two favorite detectives. It's been three days since the start of my narration, but we have a lot of mysteries needed solving! They, too, needed to carve that case as soon as possible; there are a lot of lives at stake.

"Good to see you well, Blake. I would have thanked you for catching the shooter the other day but, something came up on your Missus case." Bobby said. He handed over a picture, a gruesome picture if you may ask. Klenn and Blake observed the image in a serious note.

"Context?" Blake asked.

"Witnesses reported disturbing screams last night. They heard sounds of struggle inside an old woman's house. Later when they went inside, they found this... chopped body." Bobby explained.

"Why didn't someone help?" Klenn asked.

"Well, you got to ask the residents." Bobby replied.

Blake stood up from his desk, and asked Klenn, "Let's go?"

"You sure?" Klenn worryingly asked knowing his condition.

"Who am I, Klenn?" Blake pointed to himself. "I'm your trusty partner!"

What the? Haha! It's like it came from a movie. Anyway, that's the end of the second file! Wooh! I got to stretch, and eat again! Bye folks!

...

Where are you? Where are you hiding?

...

0