Chapter 3 – First Training
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Yawn* “It seems that this wasn’t just a weird dream”

Looking around, I am still in the same old room that I went to sleep in,

“I was hoping this was only a dream, what am I going to do now?”

*Knock* *Knock*

Somebody seems to be knocking at my door, guess I’ll get ready.

*Knock* *Knock*

The knocking only got louder, I’ll give it to the person, they’re persistent.

“Kenta? Get ready! Your training begins today.”

Ah, so it was her, the female knight that will help me train from today now on, I’m not looking forward to it, but what can I do?

“yeah, yeah, I’ll be right there.” Her constant knocking finally has stopped.

“Good, I’ll be waiting at the training grounds, come as fast as possible!”

Looking out of the window it seems that the sun hasn’t even risen yet, I would be still fast asleep if this was my old life.

It seems that Heisha is already waiting for me at the training grounds, I guess I should be on my way now.

Walking through the corridors of the knight wing of the castle It seems that most of the guards are awake and about, doing their knightly duties, or whatever knights do.

“Oy! I’m right here!” Heisha has already spotted me, I guess we’ll be training now.

“Here, take this, I want to evaluate your skills first.”

She threw a wooden sword at me, I barely caught it before I notice her walking towards him with a sword of her own in her hand.

“Wait, wait, wait… You don’t expect me to spar with you?” Is he crazy?

“Don’t worry, I won’t be attacking you, just swing your sword at me a couple of times, and I’ll block them.”

I guess that’s fair, maybe I’ll manage to hit her a couple of times.

“Ah, before you begin I forgot to tell you something, please say ‘status open’ out loud.”

Did she say status? Does she mean this world has video game-like status fields?

“status open!”,

Ah, just as I suspected, a small bright green status field opened up before my eyes, let me see… HP, MP, Stamina… all seem rather low… huh? There’s also a skills field, only one skill is visible though, polyglot… the other two are just shown as ‘???’

“So, can you tell me your stats?”

I think I should hide the fact that I have two unknown skills from her, who knows if it’s even normal.

“Kenta? Hello? Tell me your stats so we can begin!”

“Ah? Yes, my HP seems to be 20, MP is at 0, and my maximal stamina is 5, but it is at 2 points currently.”

“Your HP seems to be fine, but your MP and stamina stats are very low, you should work on them.”

I’ve expected my stamina stats to be low, but my non-existent MP is rather disappointing.

“I’ll prepare a training plan for you after today's training. For now, show me some good swings!”

I prepare my sword, holding it with both of my hands, my palms are rather sweaty, but I begin to swing the sword either way.

“That’s the spirit! Come at me!”

I close my eyes and swing the sword forward in just a split second the sword flies out of my hands and I… well let’s just say that the taste of dirt isn’t what I’ve expected today.

“H-hey dude, are you okay?” I reluctantly stand up, facing Heisha again, this was embarrassing, but she doesn’t seem to be amused by this.

“Let me help you stand up, don’t worry about what happened, that’s why I’m here to help you out.”

I think this is the first time in a long time where I wasn’t laughed at for something that happened to me, a nice change of pace I guess.

“Never mind the sword training for now Kenta, let’s do some physical training first.”

We both put our swords into some sort of shed, I guess I won’t be doing sword training for a while.

“Kenta, come over here!” We both went over to a bigger training ground, I can see some knights running in circles around the ground in full knight armor.

“Don’t worry, for now, you will be just running in your normal attire,”

It seems she noticed me staring at the knights.
“For now, follow me!”

She began running, luckily it seems she was trying to match my pace, I guess she’s not as bad as I thought…

Not much time has passed, but I’m already exhausted, If this is what I’ll be doing every day then I don’t think I’ll be able to endure it.

“You’re doing great Kenta! C’mon, let us run two more laps!”

“Wait, wait just a minute,” I really can’t endure anymore, I’m beat.

“Grab my hand, you can do it.”

Before I could say anything she grabbed my hand, I could barely stand but somehow we managed to run two more laps,

“Good job! See? I knew you could do it.”

I can barely catch my breath, at least it’s finally over.

“Yeah, I’ve somehow managed it,” Barely.

“I guess we are finished for today Kenta, I’ll prepare a good workout plan for you for tomorrow, you should go back to your room now.”

“Yeah, I’ll do that, see you tomorrow then.” Before I finish my sentence she’s already off to the main building of the castle.

Guess I’ll head back now…

0