Chapter 5 – A normal day out?
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's been a month already, huh?" time seems to have passed quickly, I still remember the day on which I was brought to this world.

After looking out of the window I've noticed some birds happily chirping away since daybreak, for once I can understand being happy in the mornings,

"Well, no matter, I'd better get dressed."

After leaving my room I began walking towards the castle gates, after all, that's where Mai will be waiting for me.

"I wonder what we'll be doing today." I begin walking hastily down the bricked path towards the gate

"It's my first day off since coming here, the daily work is a real hassle."

I say that but, I can already see slight changes to my body, not only am I more energetic, but I may have lost some weight too!

Maybe I should check out my stats?

"Status open!" And here it was, the familiar window that I've seen once before…

"Ah? What is that?"

It seems that a new skill was unlocked in my Skills field… Accelerated Digestion, huh? Let's see what it exactly does.

*click*

: You've selected, Accelerated Digestion:

After a while a small white orbed began flying next to the status window, I guess pressing the button must've summoned it.

[Accelerated Digestion]

To truly become a hero of the people in this world you must become a better version of yourself. That also means your health and appearance! This is what Accelerated Digestion is exactly for Hero! Thanks to this skill you can Improve your physical condition 3 times faster than a regular human!

(Warning, Increased speed of Digestion also requires a higher intake of calories!)             

I wasn't exactly expecting it to be explained to me this easily, but I guess it was a good surprise.

*Clonk* *Clonk*

"Ah! I need to hurry! I totally forgot that Mai is waiting for me!

"I think it's just around this corner…" There's someone in the distance, I guess it must be Mai, maybe I should call out to her…

"Hey!" She turned around, and instantly a bright smile appeared on her face.

I'm not much of a fashionista myself but even I could see that the clothes Mai was wearing were very in fashion.

"Oh, hi Kenta! I see you're early, but we still need to wait for a bit longer."

Oh, that's right, Mai's sister will also be coming along with us, not that I mind… I wonder what she looks like though…

And just like right on cue I hear running from behind me shouting Mai's name out loud, it was weirdly familiar and just as I've turned my head my suspicions were validated… Heisha is Mai's older sister, who would've expected it?

"Oh! Hey Kenta! How's the head maid treating you?"

"It's fine so far, I just hope that we can return to our normal training soon…" I guess I shouldn't really be showing any discontent, but I really want to try some training which can make me strong a bit faster than just regular house works.

"Don't worry! My work is all finished, at least for now," She must be really working hard, you can notice the bags under her eyes from a mile away.

"We'll be back on track with your training in no time!"

It's seeming Mai grew tired of waiting as she approached us instead of waiting.

"You guys! Let's save the chit-chat for later, shall we? Let's have a great day out!" Heisha and I just shook our heads, and we all began walking toward the town.

The town seemed to be bustling with all kinds of people. Merchants, Shopkeepers, Children, Customers, and sadly even slaves…

Just before my eyes, a small girl, barely covered by some old, rugged clothes was led into a side alley by shackles.

"Look, Kenta…" It seems Heisha noticed me looking at the slave walking behind some man.

"I know that it's unbearable to look at situations like that, but sadly there's nothing that I, you, or even any knights can do… most slaves are either criminals or the children of criminals that have to carry on the sentence that they inherited from their parents."

This world isn't just sunshine and happiness, I knew that, but still, seeing something like a small, meek child being treated like an object is just hurtful.

"Cheer up!" Heisha slapped me on my back, hard enough for it to sting for a rather long while. "You are the hero, so I'm sure you'll be able to help many people that are in need in the future!"

"That's right!" suddenly Mai also chimed in, "You should focus on the things that you can do right now! Mr. Kenta!"

It's kind of nice, to hear such genuine words coming from someone else, I guess they're right… I should focus on the things that are within my reach, for now.

After arriving at a local café, we all ordered a nice piece of cheesecake, I wonder how they taste here…

The area that the café is in seems like it's more of a high-class area, there's even a jewelers shop just across the street. Most of the people here seem to either be merchants or rich individuals, doesn't seem like there are many nobles here though…

Anyways! Let's dig into the cheesecake! Aaah- "Stop him! Thief! Thief! Please somebody help me!"

Heisha instantly hopped out of her chair, Mai quickly followed "Guys, follow me!"

She started to take off after the thief, but before that, she grabbed my hand and yanked me out of my chair.

"Kenta, this is a good time to test capabilities out!" She had this strange shine in her eyes, "Do you think you can catch up to him?"

"I-I'm *huff* not sure, I may be able to *huff* run after him, but I doubt *huff* that I can actually catch up."

"No worries then," She suddenly touched my back. "Accelera!" Huh?! I suddenly became super-fast! Now catching up to him will be no problem!

0