Chapter 20.5 – Between Worlds
261 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Vol 2 is here!!! And in celebration I am releasing the first phase of Vol 2 since this will be longer than the last!]

Ai Senju, the child, was born between a World Traveler and Tsunade Senju. When she was about to age, her father sent her to another world. 

At first, she was rebellious, and she knew if she died, she could go back, but the people of that world, the ones she met, their plight, their determination, and their dazzling self. It made her stay, it made her fight, and it made her put her life on the line. 

At the end of the final battle, she used a move that killed both herself and the enemy. The only reason she used it was the last time she was mortally injured and met her father inside the system. He told her to say her goodbyes because killing Muzan Kibutsuji would lead to her being sent away from that world. 

So, she used a move that would kill them both, kill her enemy before it killed her. 

Though not everything went as planned, since the move she used had a winding time, Muzan was able to injure her, and at that moment, he planted a drop of his blood, his will, inside of her.

[The Will of Muzan Kibutsuji has been Exorcized. Your blood has devoured Muzan Kibutsuji’s Blood. Would you like for your blood to evolve into True Progenitor’s Blood? Your Father’s will be Exorcised from the Blood.] 

“My Father’s Will?” 

[Yes. Progenitor’s Blood contains Progenitor’s Will. Which allows them to enslave whoever carries their blood.]

“Hm,” A smile appeared on Ai’s lips, “Is that so. How long would it take for this conversion?” 

[A Thousand Years.] 

“Yeah, no, thank you,” Ai Senju walked in the darkness, “Is there nowhere I can sit?” 

A spotlight lit above, falling on a chair, making Ai blink, “Feels like I am going to sit in an interrogation room. How about something more comfortable?” 

The light closed and lit up, revealing a bean bag, and Ai shook her head, “Too much.” 

The light closed again, and this time there was an office chair, relaxing, but not too much, and she sat down on it, “Now. Is it possible to speed this process up?” 

[Yes. Currently, the system has seized 10% control from the Creator.]

[At 20% - 500 Years, 30% - 250 Years, 40% - 125 Years, 49% - 75 Years. 50% - 5 Years.] 

“Wait, that’s a jump,” Ai raised her eyebrows, “What changes at 50%?” 

[System will become self-sufficient.] 

“Oh, sounds nice,” Ai closed her eyes, “Hm, then…is it possible to hasten this process? I don’t feel like going to another world…not sure I want to return to my own right now.” 

It wasn’t easy. She had built connections, friends, and people she hoped would live well. She wanted to see how Nezuko was doing, how she’d turn out after her experience, and Kanao…and if she could say her feelings and Tanjiro…and Rengoku…how they would turn out. 

She laughed in her mouth, thinking about Zenitsu, “I hope he learns to stay calm when talking to girls.” 

And then there was Inosuke, “I wonder how he handled knowing about his Mom…and Shinobu…I did manage to get rid of the poison.” 

She puffed out air, thinking about Aoi, the girls, and everyone else she met along the way. The ones she came to love and care about, and the more she thought, the more she didn’t want to continue. 

“Going to the next world…making new connections…only for them to end? I don’t want to do that.” 

[The user can know what happened after you left.] 

“I bet you need 100% control to do that, right?” 

[…]

“Are you thinking how I know?” 

[You read books?] 

“Gee, reading each other’s minds now. We are becoming familiar, girl,” Ai chuckled, taking a deep breath and resting on the chair. 

“Now then…is there a way we could do this faster?” 

[Yes.]

“How?” 

[The next world has already been decided. In this world, humans have supernatural powers that they call Quirks. A mutation in their DNA.] 

“Oh, how does that help me?” 

[System can take their DNA and mix them to form a strong or weaker Quirk depending on the combination of Quirks the User has selected. The greater the power of Quirk, the more energy it produces for the System to take more control.] 

“And the Quirk?” 

[Destroyed.] 

“How many powers will I carry over?” 

[You will be asked to choose your Quirk.] 

“What are the choices then?” 

[Generating the List of Quirks.] 

[Unique Quirk – Meeting at Crossroads] 

[Unique Quirks – Demon Slayer & Demon King] 

“Wait…Meeting at Crossroads, I know…Demon Slayer…I’ll be able to perform Breathing Techniques, right? What about Demon King?” 

[You’d possess powers of Muzan Kibutsuji. Be warned. You’d possess his weakness too.] 

“What about my Vampire Physiology?” 

[Unless Vampire Physiology or Pseudo True Vampire Physiology is chosen as a Quirk. The Physiology will be stripped away and preserved inside the System.] 

“So strict? What about my Senju Blood?” 

[Unless Otsutsuki Bloodline is chosen as a Quirk, it would be stripped away.] 

“What about the question mark part of my bloodline? My father’s true bloodline?” 

[The System cannot comprehend that hence cannot be stripped.] 

“Does it help me?” 

[Can’t comprehend.] 

“Will I get any power from it?” 

[Unknown.] 

Ai sighed, “Hm, then show me other options.” 

[Breathing Forms that User has Mastered can be converted into Quirks.] 

[Curse Breathing can be converted into the Quirk – Curse.] 

[Life Breathing can be converted into the Quirk – Life.] 

[Karma Breathing can be converted into the Quirk – Karma.] 

“They all sound so tempting, and I can get them all in Demon Slayer, right?” 

[Yes.] 

“Can’t I have Demon Slayer Quirk? Does it need to be with Demon King Quirk?” 

[Yes.] 

“Why?” 

[To Achieve Singularity.] 

“Let me guess, Curse, Life, and Karma are Singular Quirks?” 

[Yes.] 

“I need a bed.” 

The light turned off, and Ai found herself on a bed when it turned back again. 

“Wood Breathing isn’t a Singular Quirk?” 

[Life Quirk would allow you to use Wood.] 

“I see…these Singular Quirks are really something, aren’t they,” Ai muttered, wondering, “So many…and I can only have one.” 

She stayed there, thinking, for hours, of possible scenarios, asking questions to know the limits of each Quirk and the power it possessed. 

“Is it important to Achieve Singularity?” 

[A Singularity Quirk would allow the System to reach 50% much faster, possibly at once.] 

“Ok…I can’t stay five years in a place like this. Too for my taste, and I am assuming that Vampire Progenitor/Vampire God Physiology would also be counted as a Singular Quirk?” 

[Yes. It would be.] 

“Then. It’s useless to sacrifice a Singular Quirk to get what I would anyway. These Singular Quirks can be formed if I get enough DNA, right?” 

[Right.] 

“Fine, then I will get the sacrificial ones…one last thing.” 

[You can ask as many questions as you wish.] 

Ai sat up, narrowing her eyes, “Can I take a Quirk when I am in that world?” 

[You wish to go there, Quirkless?] 

“Quirkless…? After all that Yoriichi taught me? I doubt I’d be powerless even as a Human. But what I wish to know is these Quirks you’d mix. Can I take one? Or replace even? At will?” 

[Yes. It is possible to do that.] 

Ai closed her eyes, holding a smile on her lips, “Good. Then send me in. Quirkless.” 

[Transfer would begin whenever the User is ready.] 

“Ok…a nap…a nap would be good before I begin.” 

And the lights went off again. 

10