Chapter 23 – Humarise?
211 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[More chapters released before this today! Do read!]

"Humarise?" Ai put bandages around her arms, using her mouth to pull them, to tighten them.

She looked towards Sasha, who wrapped the bandages around her legs, "Who are they?"

"Humarise is a terrorist group. They believe in Quirk Singularity Doomsday Theory."

"Ah, I know that one. A scary theory."

"That it is."

"Is it true?"

"It only presents and focuses on a single possibility. There are other possibilities that such a Superhuman Society has."

"Oh, like what?"

"Like, they could keep getting stronger, but a Quirk Users who can destroy other's Quirks by looking at them appears. If a villain gets his hand on someone like this, they could destroy most Quirk Users and take over the world. His family will become the Royal Family, the only ones who have Quirks, and they rule the world."

"Dark."

"In the far future, one of his decedents is born with a very strong or unique Quirk and brings an end to his family's terrible reign."

"I see…so with that, Superhuman Society will end, but the Human Society will remain."

"With the possibility that the Quirk Users will start being born again, and discriminated more because of the Royal Family's Legend, which would divide society more between Quirk Users and Quirkless. It might end with one side ending others or mixing." 

"Hm."

Sasha taped it, "Now. Remember, this is only a single possibility. There are more. Like the next generation are born with natural limiters, subconscious ones. So while they have Quirks, they can't use them, appearing Quirkless."

"Now, these people will have to achieve extraordinary skills, excel at something, go beyond human limits, and then, they could access these extraordinary powers, becoming more powerful than anyone else in one go, from Quirkless to Stronger Quirk Users. But this is something that could have been achieved by everyone else. So, while the Society might look like Human Society, it would be a Supernatural Society, who don't know their potential."

"Another would be if one of the Superhumans had power over space, and they started teleporting in Space, spreading human civilization to Moon and other planets. Soon, humans would use the Genes to create more such ability users. They might even find a way to merge this ability with robots and use them as transporters. Creating a Network throughout the Galaxy, and they can drop these Quirk Users who can't control their powers in a different space or planet altogether."

"You see, Ai. This Super Natural Society has Infinite Possibilities, and Doomsday is just one of them. This is not a power coming from Gods, Demons, or Higher Dimensional Beings. It's coming from Human Genes, and Genes will sooner or later become slaves of Science. This is controllable and editable. Do you understand? This society will not end. There will be tragedies and hard times, but they will find a way to keep going. These people at Humarise…if they don't understand that, it could only mean one thing."

Sasha Sinclair looked up, narrowing her melancholic dark brown eyes, "These people…they have lost all hope."

"Lost hope," The girl with golden blonde hair, scarlet and green dichromatic eyes, and the one covered in bandages from head to toe smiled, "I see. Then I know what I must do."

"Get a Quirk first."

"No, not yet," Ai Senju shook her head, rejecting.

"Stubborn."

"Sorry," Ai blinked, lying on the bed; after being asleep for three days, her whole body felt lethargic, and she felt like crying, "I missed my exams~~!"

*Knock*Knock*Knock*

"Huh…I didn't know that door could be knocked on," Ai blinked only to feel a blanket fall on her. She looked towards Sasha, remembering that she was covered in bandages, "Oh. Yeah."

In Ai's confused eyes, and watched Sasha open the door ever so slightly. There wasn't any reply from the other side, and she had a feeling it was because the person was far too stunned to say anything after they saw Sasha.

It took nearly half a minute before the man spoke; to her, it seemed like a man's voice, "Is…Ai Senju here?"

"You are?"

"David…David Shield. There is something I wish to talk to her about."

"Ok," Sasha pulled the gate, allowing the man with an average build, notable wrinkles on his forehead, small sky-blue eyes, and unruly honey brown hair. 

The man adjusted his glasses, looking around the room before his eyes landed on Ai, who was covered in a blanket, "Sitting like this. You must have been hurt badly in last night's fight."

"Sorry?"

"No need to worry. I followed her when she was bringing you back last night," David gestured towards Sasha, leaving Ai stunned.

"You…followed…her?" Ai blinked fast. Her head was starting to hurt thinking of that possibility. This person appeared beside her like teleporting, but there was no movement in space, so it wasn't teleporting. The air didn't move, so it wasn't speed.

"Yes?" David was confused, seeing the dumbfounded expression on Ai's face. He wondered for a moment if he did follow her or not.

"Hmmm, you followed her," Ai narrowed her eyes, giving Sasha a stink eye.

"So, old man, who are you," Ai shot a look at David, puffing her cheeks.

"Old man," David placed his hand on his heart, slumping his shoulders, "Oh well. I am David Shield…I am a support engineer for the Heroes."

"There are no heroes here."

David smiled, scratching his head, "Mind if I sit?"

"Yes. I do."

David froze, his lips twitching, and the hand pulling the chair stopped.

"Don't be such a baby," Sasha patted Ai's head, who looked down, sulking.

David sat down on the chair, taking a long relieved, tired breath, "I am here about Humarise."

"Part of it?" Ai bit her inner lip, trying to stop her curiosity, but couldn't help but ask.

"No, no. You see…my daughter…she's young…just 12. But my girl is Quirkless, and I only have a weak Quirk, but it's helpful when I create something."

"Oh?" Ai softened her attitude; after all, she had a soft spot when it came to kids.

"These people from Humarise tried contacting her, hoping to brainwash her young mind. Probably to steal something they want from me," David furrowed his brows, "I tried to talk to authorities, but they want to keep an eye on them."

"Humarise, it seems to be a big organization, spread out, and I get the part where the police and the Heroes want to wait before pulling the net on this organization. But it's my daughter…." David sighed, "I thought of asking an old friend…and he'd probably do it even if that means getting in a lot of trouble."

David puffed out a long breath, "I thought I had no choice, and I was going to give up and hide for a while, protecting my daughter, but then I heard a few rumors. Of a Vigilante who went by the name of Demon King."

"Still don't like that name," Ai pouted, complaining.

"Haha…what got me curious…one of my contacts told me that a Prisoner with an Intuition Quirk said something crazy."

"Would you cut down the suspense, old man?"

"Uhh…that old man comment again," David sighed, "Well, he said that Demon King is Quirkless…and the whole scenario seemed so absurd to him that he lost trust in his Quirk started going crazy. Once that rumor spread, I knew that Humarise would go after Demon King, and I came to this area…where you are present the most."

He narrowed his eyes, "It wasn't until last night that I finally was able to find you and know who you are, but now that I do. I am here to request your help."

"My help?"

"Humarise. Help me take down their Leader, Flec Turn. In return. I will build you any equipment you might want or ask for. To best bring out your Quirk's powers!"

Ai scratched her cheeks, looking towards Sasha, who looked away without giving her any suggestions.

"Oh, well," Ai took a deep breath, grinning, "I accept. Anyway…do you know their whereabouts?"

"Not all of them, but I left a tracker on the two who came yesterday. It's so small that their chances of finding it are nigh-impossible, so they should guide us to the Leader. Till then, is there something you want as your support gear? How about a better costume?"

"Sounds nice, something with good defensive capabilities," Ai nodded, "Actually, that sounds awesome."

She had a slight idea that Sasha couldn't interfere too much. Even the items Sasha created for her, this Mask that allowed her to alter her appearance, and the sword, changed the molecular structure but didn't make it stronger or weaker.

It didn't even increase her defense or mobility speed, yet knowing how it did what it did. She knew that this device, this Mask, could do far more than it was doing.

Since she couldn't do it, Sasha chose to bring about someone who could. She looked towards Sasha, muttering, "Thank you."

"My lab is far from here, but I have a private jet. Do you want to come? You could train your Quirk there, and I will get some data to work with."

Ai plopped on the bed, "I missed my papers because I was asleep for three days straight!!"

She helplessly turned to her side and looked at the door, "I guess…I will never become a Doctor."

"You already have much money and skills to become a great Doctor. Why do you want a piece of paper?" Sasha nodded, "Go with him and get yourself good gear."

And so, Ai found herself traveling with the man named David Shield to I-Island, where his lab was. It was her second time traveling long distances; this time, she finally felt open enough to look out of the window of the private jet at the clouds, the ever-going blue sky, the horizon, and the blue sea passing by.

David came out of the cockpit and sat on the seat in front of her, letting out a relaxed sigh, "Right. We should arrive soon."

"Oh," Ai muttered, her green eye and the scarlet one covered by her bangs were focused on the seawater.

"So…what is your Quirk? If you don't mind me asking?"

"It's a powerful Quirk that could beat even the Humarise."

"Right, but if you don't tell me what it is, I can't make Support Gears. You know?" David tried to reason with her.

"No need. Just make something that I can wear with good defensive properties, and try not to make anything to cover my face. I have this Mask to wear on my face."

David sighed, "You understand that you are going in alone, and you have no backup? Right? I don't have a strong Quirk to help you."

"That's fine," Ai closed her eyes, "I don't need any."

She knew she was being difficult, rude, and something she usually wasn't. But this was the only way she felt she could talk. She never feared death, ghosts, or other things, but this scared her. Now…connecting with others scared her.

'And I used to make fun of those annoying teenagers,' Ai closed her eyes, 'So much drama…and now…I am the one with the baggage.'

She smiled, resting for an hour until this Private Airplane landed on the I-Island.

Ever since the Superhero Society came into being, the market for Support Items had a windfall. So every company involved with Pro Hero Business invested in creating this Artificial Island with four cities, and the world's top researchers living here researched the Quirks. Not only that, the Security on this Island was on par with the Best Security Prison in the World. The structure as a whole was built sturdier than bomb shelters.

"Not only that. We the Scientists can't leave the Island."

"What about you?"

David furrowed his brows, "The Leader of Humarise. He must have some Quirk to bypass I-Island's Security, or maybe there are some believers here. Either way, it's dangerous, so I got special permission because I found the leak. Or the ones that have turned."

"Can you?"

"Yes. It's not like I am working alone," David shook his head, smiling, "You'd be surprised how many of the Scientists are ready with drones, lie detectors, and the favors they have collected from people with Quirks that could help us find these guys. We need fighting force, but since the Police of Otheon wants to keep watch on these guys, they haven't done anything to warrant action at such a large scale."

He leaned back, breathing out, "So basically, Heroes can't act on this. They'd have to wait for an incident to occur to be able to act."

And that's where I come in," Ai narrowed her eyes, smiling, "Good enough."

They landed on the Island, and after a detailed, far too detailed check that made her wonder if she was a new inmate in prison, she was allowed to enter.

The city, the beauty, the sleekness, and the architecture left her eyes wide for most past. This was the first city she had seen, more advanced than those in her world and the last one, even in this one.

She sniffed, taking in the scent of different foods, and she could feel drool on her lips.

"Hehe," David laughed, "Melissa should be here anytime. Also, you can remove the mask here, you know."

Ai traced the mask she was wearing, shaking her head, "Didn't you say that there might be members of Humarise here? I am fine like this."

"Papa!!!"

Ai turned her eyes towards the blonde hair and green eyes rushing over. She was already out of breath but running as fast as she could until she was in her father's arms.

"Papa! You are back!"

"I am," David gently smiled, stroking her hair and kissing her head. The girl pulled away, looking at the girl with scarlet hair and two scary eyes behind the black mask, "You…are…The Demon King?"

Ai crouched in front of her, tilting her head, smiling, "Yes."

If she had to guess her age, she must have become eighteen. She wasn't sure. Her growth was always naturally accelerated, mentally and physically. So her age was a mystery to even her, but she knew she had hit her second growth.

Her height was between her mother's and father's, about 5'11 (180cm). Luckily her build was athletic, so she could say proudly that she was aesthetically beautiful.

Besides her breasts and butts, she lacked any fat while impossibly having a curvy figure. It was something that she ignored since it made her feel grown-up.

It was also why she knelt in front of Melissa while Melissa was taller than girls her age in Japan. She was still tiny in front of her.

Melissa's eyes were glittering in amazement, "Do you…have a Quirk? Or are you Quirkless?"

Ai thought for a moment, and a smile appeared on her lips as she placed her finger on them, blinking, "I'll tell you once I am done dealing with Humarise. How does that sound?"

"Promise?"

"Yeah, promise," Ai grinned, standing up, "Now, would you be a dear and show me around?"

"Yeah!"

5