Chapter 2
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before getting to the location the map shows me, I decide to have a little practice and see what kind of change my body has. The reason? I notice that I'm taller than before, very tall. I did not want to admit it out loud, but I was short in my previous life.

I'm around 5'1 or around 154 cm.

I can see the height difference between the past me and the current me.

*crunch*

I snap from my thoughts when I hear something from my left. Something is coming from the forest next to me. I take my spear and hold it in my hands.

A few seconds later, I can see a lone wolf walk out of the forest. However, I cannot call it a wolf because it is a bipedal creature. It was more of a werewolf than a wolf. If not for the name of it, I would not know.

This thing is called Ulsa. The same creature that I need to hunt for my mission.

"ROAR"

I widen my eyes and roll to the left when I see the creature rush toward me. I just barely dodge the attack and thrust my spear forward. I could feel my spear pierce through the Ulsa's arm, but it was a mistake when I could feel my body get dragged away by the Ulsa.

I can feel my body hit the tree nearby and see the monster take out my spear and then toss it to the side. A second later, I can see it charging at me once again. I duck away from the claw attack and quickly run toward my spear.

After getting my spear back, I quickly thrust it at the incoming monster. I can feel it pierce something hard, and as I open my eyes, I can see my spear hit through the Ulsa's skull. I release my spear and see the werewolf fall to the ground.

I look at the Ulsa disintegrate and leave nothing behind. Before I could say or do anything, the hologram was back.

|Congratulations! You killed your first monster!|

|Check the inventory for the loot!|

I open my inventory and put my hand inside. There are ten kilos of edible wolf meat, two pairs of wolf claws, and a wolf pelt.

That was too close. I did not get any harm from the monster, but it was too close. If it were my previous body, I would be dead by now.

I really need to train this body. However, can I even cancel the quest I already accepted?

|Do you want to cancel your quest? Y/N|

[Warning! All accepted quests have consequences for the real world.]

What does that mean?! Does that mean all the villagers will die? Dammit!

"ARGHHH"

I press the no button before looking at the map.

"The deadline of the quest is three days. It should be okay as long as I did not pass that deadline. Also… The pack marched toward the small white dot. I can guess that it was the village. The village itself is not very far away from me. I can do this."

|3rd POV|

In the middle of the forest is a young man in his twenties running away from three werewolves chasing after him. After running for a while, this young man jumps forward and rolls to the ground. The werewolves behind him did not see the trap underneath them.

The twig and leaves that cover the hole get broken down and make the three werewolves fall into the hole.

The hole is filled with a sharp wooden stake that pierces the werewolves. However, it was not enough to kill them, and the young man quickly stabbed the wolves one by one, killing them.

This young man is Leonardo. It has been two days since he arrived in this world, and he continues to train all day. After killing his first Ulsa, he immediately goes to the village that will soon be attacked by the group of Ulsa and rents a room.

He decided to stay inside the village and train his body by doing a warm-up run around the forest and lifting a boulder every morning until the sun rose above him. After a quick lunch in the inn, he gets back into the woods, but this time he goes hunting.

The loot he gets is then sold to the local tanner. He is grateful for Leonardo because every Ulsa's pelt he brings to him is in perfect condition. He also sells the wolves' meat to the butcher or to the local restaurant.

"Haaaa. Another successful hunt. I should change these wooden stakes. I hope the carpenter is still open."

Leo decided to buy the wooden stake in bulk from the local carpenter because he did not have enough time to make the stake himself. He needs to get stronger, and he knows that he is getting stronger.

"Status"

|Leonardo Virdad|

|Title: Void Walker|

|Level: 1|

|Strength: F+|

|Endurance: E-|

|Agility: E|

|Magic: F|

Whoever is sending him here is right. His body grows at high speed. Hell, he even got a skill.

|Spearmanship| |Rank: F+|

|Trap Making| |Rank: F|

While he still cannot handle it very well, Leo can hold the spear properly and know when to thrust his spear. He can now kill the Ulsa with his own effort, not only because he is lucky. He still cannot kill three Ulsa on his own, but he is getting there.

"Map"

Leo looks at the map and releases a sigh.

"I still have one day to train before I need to prepare for my mission."

Leo has a plan for his mission. He will create a trap for the incoming Ulsa. He needs to scout the area and where he can lure the monster.

"I will think about it later. For now, more training and hunting."

0