Starting life with a genius 2
1.9k 5 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harold's POV

Today while I was doing my usual hunt for high-level monsters so as to not get out of shape, I sensed mana which was not of monster origin. The mana which I sensed was fairly low and could not easily be sensed. This may be because of it being masked by the high amounts of mana that this forest produced. The mana seemed to be coming from a human, but I could not be certain until I got close enough to see and confirm. Around the area, there seemed to be another type of mana. This mana was filled with  Violent intent and was clearly from monsters. There seemed to be four of these mana sources with one being more powerful than the rest. I assumed that the human was being chased by these monsters. I then headed straight there.

I used body strengthening magic known as reinforcement on my leg to strengthen my whole leg so that I could easily use movement magic known as flash step. Flash step was a type of magic that increased the speed at which a person's legs can move. This spell was effective but it could only be used after reinforcing of the legs if the legs are not reinforced there was a high chance that they would break. As soon as I got to the place of the human, I spotted a woman who was carrying a child. I wondered then why I could not sense the child's mana. I then remembered as I was making my way through to the human, I felt a surge of energy that I have never felt before in my whole life. There was a new type of mana that I sensed which felt like a humans mana but was a little different. The appearance of this mana seemed to suck other mana from the surrounding region. The surge of energy then just suddenly vanished like it never existed. I then started to wonder if the appearance of the mana was because of that child. I then silenced my thoughts and got straight to work before the two humans could be killed.

I activated my sword art known as slash which immediately chopped off the heads of the black spirit wolves chasing the humans. The Silver King spirit wolf which seemed to be controlling the black spirit wolf turn to me. I then concluded that slash was not enough to Kill the King wolf. I activated my sword art Known as merciless decapitation. This usually made sure that the victim was unrecognizable after undergoing it.

After killing the spirit wolves, the woman thanked me and then told me her story. She told me how she was given a mission to deliver a prince to the forest so that the prince could grow magically. She then told me how the second princess tried to kill her and the child. She then asked me for help. At first, I was not so thrilled about taking in a member of the royal family since most of them were rotten to the core, but I come to realize that if I raise this child right he could succeed the current monarch and fix the corrupt government.

I was also curious to find out why this child had no mana or if he has mana how he is hiding it.

I invited Crystal to come to stay in a village on the other end of the forest on the outskirts of the Bermone Kingdom.

Crystal's POV

It has been a month since I arrived at Carmen village. I have been taking care of his royal highness Prince Ray Wemberly. I decided to reveal the name Ray only so as to protect his identity since commoners usually only have one name.

The stranger who saved me when I was in the forest of monsters and brought me to this village is called Harold. He appears to be this village's leader. He has taken me in as his servant and has provided a house, food and shelter for me.

This village is one of the most unique villages I have been in. For instance the diversity of races within it. Usually, the races that are in this village are hostile towards each other this is because of the discrimination among the races. For example, the human race discriminates against the beast-men race calling them monsters with human forms. The elves discriminate against all other races because they see themselves as the superior race since they have a huge amount of mana reserves and far superior magic capabilities as compared to other races. The demon race is hated by all other races since they are regarded as incarnations of evil. They are mostly feared because they are the only race that can use dark magic which is regarded as an evil type of magic. But it is different in this village. The humans who are in this village live in peace and harmony with elves, beast men and demons. I myself have made a couple of friends from all the races.

The growth of this village is also amazing. Although this is a village on the outskirts of the Kingdom that hardly gets any support from the capital, it is fairly developed. It could pass for a trading town. I was truly moved by how hardworking the residents of this village are.

Gene's POV.

It has been a month since I arrived in this village. I have been living with Mom whose name I came to know was Crystal. She has been caring and affectionate towards me. She reminds me a lot of my other mom Sakura. Although she seems more doting than Sakura my other mom. I have steadily gained knowledge of the language around this place but I still cannot converse with anyone. This may be because I have not developed any teeth that I can do talking with. I  have come to see many kinds of races that I could only see in anime or manga. Examples are elves who are known to be very beautiful and have long ears and beast-men who are similar to humans with animal characteristics and demons who look like humans but have horns on their heads. I have finally adjusted to this world. I have decided to start my studies of this world as soon as I am able.

61