A genius’s magic 2
1.5k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maggie's POV

Today was the day that I had promised Master Ray a practical lesson. He was very eager to see what I had to offer. I knew that the child had no mana but I just wanted to show him how powerful magic is and at least give him a break from the monotonous reading of magical theories only. We went to the courtyard at the back of the house. There I wanted to show him some wind and water magic since I had two elemental attributes.

Before I began the practical lesson I asked him the types of magic he knew about. He told me that from the books he had read he learned that there were two main types of magic, these were elemental magic and non-elemental magic. He then continued to say that under elemental magic there were 6 elements that existed in this world. Four of those elements are known as tangible elements while 2 of those were known as non-tangible elements. The four tangible elements are fire, water, wind and earth. The non-tangible elements are the Light and darkness elements. He then added that under the elements there are three types of elemental magic which are the basic elemental magic, evolutionary elemental magic and the combined elemental magic. He then went to non-elemental magic. Under non-elemental magic, he named two types which are object magic and environmental magic. Under object magic, he named living object magic and non-living object magic and under environmental magic, he named active environmental magic and passive environmental magic. I was so amazed at how much Knowledge this three-year-old had obtained just during 4 days of reading. Usually, it would take a month even for a person like  Merle or me who is known as a magic genius to understand the knowledge in those books and even more for normal people. I was disappointed at the fact even though he had the brain to comprehend the theories of magic he could not actually perform it.

I  decided to ask him if he knows how magic is performed. He immediately answered that magic is performed in three steps; the first step which is called the initiation stage or the chant stage, the second stage known as the translation stage and the final stage known as the processed stage or the product stage. He then continued to say that at the first stage a chant is done while mana is given off to the spirits. In the second stage, the spirit takes in the mana and the information in the chant so that they can translate the information conveyed by the chant and translate it to magic phenomena. Finally in the third stage which is the last stage the spirits initiate the magic phenomena as translated in the chant.

I decided to show him some of the low-level spells of wind and water magic so that he could understand how the various stages he had mentioned give rise to magic phenomena.

The first spell I performed was for wind magic. It was a basic spell called wind blast which sends a gust of winds forward towards the direction the hand of the magic-user is. After seeing the spell in action he told me that he would also like to try the spell. I tried to stop him by telling him that his attribute may not be wind but he did not listen to what I told him. The next thing he did I don't know, what I know is all of a sudden I could feel mana being drawn out of me and he emitted a little bit of mana . After a few seconds, the mana stopped being drawn out of me and suddenly I could feel a lot of mana being emitted from him. The amount of mana I felt from him reminded me of the time when I was young that I met the Elf King and felt the mana from his presence. At that time I was about to faint because of the overwhelming force that was being emitted. Now, this 3-year-old child was emitting an amount of mana that seemed to be at least twice that of the Elf king. He then did something that scared me even more. He performed the magic without the complete chant. He only said the spell's name and the amount of wind he produced broke the tree that we had chosen for target practice into a half.

Ray's POV.

Today is the day that Mrs Maggie had told me that she would show me the practical side of magic. I saw this as a good opportunity to test out if Liza's assumptions are true. Mrs Maggie decided to give me a test before showing me how to perform. The questions she asked were pretty easy. I guess she was going easy on me since I was a 3 year old to her. After the Q and A session, she showed me one of her spells. She seemed to concentrate the mana energy on her hands then chanted some words and afterwards shouted wind blast which was the spell's name propelling her hands forward. She then released a wind that blew off all the leaves of the tree we had chosen for our target practice. From that demonstration, I assumed that the science behind it was that she gave the spirits around her hands' mana energy and gave them the information for them to increase the kinetic energy of air particles near so that they can move faster towards the tree. The technique was not bad but I saw a way through which it could be improved and that was by using Bernoulli's principle from earth. I asked her to allow me to try the wind magic spell wind blast. She tried to stop me but I ignored her. I then asked Liza to do what she had told me before. After a while ,I could feel some type of energy flowing through my body. I then filled my hands with mana energy imagining the spirits around my hands moving a little bit further away from each other with the air particles so that they can create a region of low pressure. Then I imagined the spirits taking in the mana and passing on kinetic energy to the air particles, The result was the amount of kinetic energy produced by the air particles fell the tree we had chosen as our target practice it was a success.

54