The True Vampire Queen 2
748 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trina's Pov

It's time. I have seen how powerful and resourceful Rae can be. I know that she is not ready yet but we have no time so she will learn after she becomes the one. Even though she is a princess of Bermone and may be able to succeed the throne one day I still think that she should take the place of the vampire queen. 

In one of the many memories I have inherited I saw a situation where there were two Vampire queens at a time. This was because the two children borne were identical twins. Therefore the twins borne were both future vampire Queens. This was well and good but as the children grew the idea of having two queens brought division among the people. Various factions were being formed and the demon race as a whole was on the brink of a civil war. So to fix this the Lucille duel had to be invoked. The Lucille duel is a duel that was established by queen Lucy herself so that the vampires and demon race as a whole had a powerful queen who could protect them from attacks from other races.

This is a duel that happens between a crown vampire princess and any other female of royal blood, usually another vampire princess. It can also be between a vampire queen and a vampire princess. The winner of the duel becomes the reigning queen while the loser loses all her claims to the throne. This is to ensure the reigning queen is the strongest in the royal family. The duel is used as a determinant to see who will be the right queen, well according to Queen Lucy's eyes anyway since she believed that a good queen should be the most powerful so that she could protect all her people. 

"Rae."

"Trina? You got to stop appearing out of thin air. It's really... how do I say... Scary!! It creeps me out every time."

"Sorry I can't help it. I have adapted to living in the shadows being a former assassin and all."

"Ok. So how can I help you?"

"I need to tell you something."

"To tell me what exactly."

" Ok...Here I go. Before we leave this town and arrive at the carmine village. I have to reveal something about being a vampire queen."

"Am listening."

"The existence of two vampire queens is a threat to the vampire kind, so to fix this situation. We have to duel for the title."

"WHAT!!! WHY?"

"Calm down please."

"How am I suppose to come down when you are telling me am supposed to duel you. Wait is this the reason you have been going hard on me"

"Well.. not exactly. The duel is...It's just for the good of the vampires."

"Why can't we both be vampire queens."

"Ok let me tell you a story which in turn will answer your questions. Long ago there were two sisters named London and Paris. They were identical in appearance but not in character. They were borne to a vampire queen and thus in turn were to be future vampire queens themselves. Paris was outgoing, bold, confident and had a fiery personality while London was the complete opposite she was timid, meek and reserved. Although these two sisters were complete opposites of each other, they loved each other very much. Paris was overly protective of London and would not let anyone or anything harm her in any way. The two sisters were inseparable. When you saw one you knew the other was just somewhere around the vicinity. As they continued to grow their bond grew with them but with their growth, the demon race's division grew even wider. The two sisters had initially agreed when they came of age they would both share the throne but this idea didn't sit well with many people within the kingdom. So to make sure that this doesn't happen many people from different factions plotted the demise of one of the queens to be. The unlucky one to fall prey to one of these traps was London. She was poisoned and was almost dying, if her mother did not intervene and Regenerated her health with the blood of a huge monster she would have been dead. After the incident, it dawn on the two sisters that their joint rule was only a fleeting dream. The only action that could be taken is to invoke the  Lucille duel. "

"Wait so what exactly is the Lucille duel."

"It's a duel between two female vampires of royal blood that determines the next queen. The duel must be authentic to count or there would be dire consequences."

"So is that the duel you want to be invoked."

"Yes, it is. When this duel is over the winner will be the true vampire queen."

Rae's POV

We are all packed and ready to go back home. Carmine village is just one day away. Trina's words are still ringing in my head. How am I supposed to duel such a beast? She is unimaginably powerful I don't think I come anywhere close to her combat skills. l barely defeated Dad in our first bout so how am I supposed to defeat Trina who can easily defeat Dad. I thought of losing and giving up my title as a vampire queen but Trina has made it very clear that if we don't fight authentically we could face dire consequences. It's vague but still scary. I don't want to find out what the consequences are.

"Lady Rae, are you okay? You don't seem well."

" Am fine it's just that something is on my mind."

"Yeah. I can clearly tell. You have been that way since the time we met up with you and Master Trina."

"It's nothing to raise your concern Elenor. It's just something small I have to do together with our master Miss Trina."

"Okay if you say so."

"Oh, it looks like we are about to arrive..."

"Rae!! Have you felt that?"

"Yeah, I feel the ominous mana flowing through the air. I think it's a large horde of monsters."

"Daphne. Please stop the carriage."

"Ok Master."

(Going out of the carriage) "Excuse me all of you. I thank you once again for joining our campaign against these monster attacks that are threatening the lives of our country's people. I am pretty sure many of you have felt the surge of miasma in the air. This can only mean one thing and one thing only. There is a horde of monsters nearby. I know that many of you are tired from the long journey but we have to master our remaining strengths and try to thin them down before they do any significant damage."

" WE ARE WITH YOU. Everybody CHARGE!!!!"

Seeing the morale high and everybody ready to fight these monsters with the risk of losing their lives inspired me. I got out of the carriage and activated my wind blast magic circle which propelled me towards the centre of the miasma emanation. Eleanor and the others were also following me at a far distance. I was swinging fast. Trina being Trina surpassed me in a matter of seconds. She was so fast and ruthless. All that was left behind her path were the corpses of very many weak monsters. When I reached the site I found Trina who was quickly defeating many of the powerful monsters there but the sheer number of the monsters was overwhelming. There were about eight hundred monsters and fifty of them were upper-rank monsters. Soon enough the adventures caught up and the number of the lower rank monsters was quickly dwindling. I was not doing badly. Although the concept of kill or be killed was still bugging me I had no choice but to kill off any monsters on my way before it kills anybody I love.

Using my swords and magic I was quickly thinning the numbers of the monsters in Infront of me. Then I saw them. The Upper-rank monsters. I believe I saw two minotaurs and an ogre. Our eyes met as I was finishing the cannon fodder. One of the Minotaurs charged straight towards me. It looked bigger and stronger than the other. The other two monsters watched as I clashed with the minotaur into a heated battle. The minotaur was fairly strong and had good battle instincts but I was faster and had magic on my side. It also had magic but I think it could only use body enhancement magic. After about thirty seconds of our swords clashing, I was able to land a fatal blow to the neck of the minotaur and with the help of wind magic, I finished it off by beheading it with a clean cut. The ogre and the other minotaur sensing that I was a significant threat to them come charging together with the hope of defeating me. Seeing this I activated wind magic that was to propel both of them away from me it worked and to my advantage, this broke the coordination. I attacked the ogre because he seemed more dangerous. While I was doing this the minotaur just suddenly stood up, after regaining its senses and took off into the other side of the forest heading straight in the direction of carmine village.

I could not let this happen so I finished my battle with the ogre quickly and set off to chase the minotaur down. This minotaur was quite fast on its leg. Intending to slow it down I fired an earth made projectile at its leg. It growled loudly and turned its face to me.  It then picked up an object and threw it straight to my face I was swinging mid-air so for me to dodge it took a lot of skill. While I did dodge the object thrown, my face met with a thick tree trunk that sent me tumbling down and meeting the ground with a thud.

This gave the minotaur time to escape my field of vision. I got up and started the chase again. After searching for a while. I found the monster. It was attacking a dark elf and miss Merle who was lying on the ground. Miss Merle looked like she had burns on her skin. I quickly went to the minotaur and beheaded it.

My eyes met with the dark elf who had silver hair and emerald coloured eyes. I felt like I had met her somewhere. She was so familiar but I couldn't put a finger on a memory of her. I went straight to Miss Merle and healed her. 

I then informed her of the ensuing battle in the woods. We went straight back to the centre of the miasma but we found out that most of the monsters had been defeated. The ones that had remained alive had fled. Everyone was shouting victory. Although many people were injured no one was truly killed. It was truly a victory. One of many I hope.

"Merle!! I need to talk to Mr Harold it's an emergency. I think I know the reason why the monster activity is unusual."

After Trina said that we all headed to the village.

What was this important thing and when was our duel going to be?

34