Beating the unbeatable levels 2
412 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rae's POV

Here I am facing a monster I can only describe as an embodiment of fear.

I decided to send Eleanor and Cilia to the Shadow plane. This time I had a magic circle for it so it was pretty easy. Okay, that was quite exhausting but at least now they are safe.

Now back to the behemoth. There it was, what a monster. Its skin looks to be impenetrable. I can't even figure out where its nose and mouth are.

The whole area seemed to react to its being. Is this the skill they call mana in area of effect or mana field also known as mana domain?

I believe it is activated when a magical living being continuously releases huge waves of mana within a certain radius. I am quite envious, how is this beast able to control its mana field that well?

The only times I have created mana fields are accidental and I can barely control what happens within that field. My mana usually spirals out of control and produces dangerous mana storm.

Now let me see how I am going to defeat this beast. 

If I had as much control over my mana as this behemoth maybe I could have disrupted its mana domain but because I don't, I'll have to find another way.

I didn't want to but it looks like I will have to go with the suicidal route. 

Now to locate an opening large enough to infiltrate. This is going to be quite the disgusting conquest.

Okay, I have seen it there is what I assume to be its mouth. Wind magic don't fail me now.

 It seems to have noticed what I want to do but that is not going to stop me. Ahhh... Where did this air current come from and why does it look like the whole environment is against me?

 So this is what control in one's mana field can produce hope I will learn this skill soon. 

It's getting harder and harder for me to breathe, I can't seem to get any air inside my lungs. If this continues I might end up fainting and ultimately losing my life.

Yes an opening, Finally... 

Wow, those teeth look like they would instantly crush me. Good thing I have passed them safely. Now that I am inside this beast how am I going to defeat it? First, let me go through its oesophagus so that it can not regurgitate me. I will start slicing through its flesh there. 

Yes, this is harming it but it won't be enough to defeat it. I don't want to waste any time on this beast so I am going to release all of my mana while I am inside it before I get to the stomach where its acid will make mush of my bones.

This may kill me but I just have to do it.

After going through with the plan my head felt so light and my vision was so blurry. I could barely move or even just stand.

But at least I don't feel claustrophobic anymore. That means I at least defeated the beast. 

When I thought my body was about to give out the familiar feeling of levelling up renewed my body's energy it was as if I was good as new. 

My eyes were now perfectly able to tell the images that were relayed to them with their usual sharpness.

I could see the dungeon treasures dropped by the Guardian. Wait treasures as in multiple, I could see a necklace, a sword, a sort of crown and the usual storage device. Why were there multiple drops? Anyway, this is good for me.

Time to bring back Eleanor and Cilia.

After the usual glowing inscriptions, the gate open up to reveal the fourth level.

The fourth level had a sort of the same feeling as the shadow forest. I could feel the scent of death lurking in every corner.

The sight of moving skeletons was what I saw first in that sort of an underground forest. They come up to us in such hordes that I almost thought that they will defeat us just with their numbers. 

What was more frightening was that although they were brittle and could break easily their skeleton bodies seemed to magically repair any damage they suffered. 

How were we going to defeat these monsters?

As usual, Eleanor used her fire magic and this seemed to weaken them. 

I wish I still had my fire magic. Now I am over-relying on Eleanor for help. Wait this is a dungeon and so far the monsters here have been extremely weak to light magic maybe it is the same with these skeletons.

When I used light magic almost all of the skeletons that were overwhelming us were instantly incinerated. These things are really weak to light.

We swiftly moved through the forest so as not to be overwhelmed again and end up wasting a lot of mana. 

The next creature was the one I saw in the shadow forest and the one that appeared in my vision. I think it is called a wraith.

How am I going to fight these creatures If I can't even seem to touch them?

They came to us and attacked us. The sword seemed to be able to cut us. How was that fair? They can cut us but we can't cut them? Let me see if light magic can work on them. 

Seriously, Even light magic seems to only slow them down.

Okay, how is Eleanor able to protect herself from these attacks? Looks like that shield has the adaptive characteristic of the slimes. 

Can she harm them if it turns into a sword? 

"Eleanor, can you use your shield and see if it can harm these incorporeal monsters?"

"Yes my lady, Right away."

Ok, I just have to say how has Eleanor mastered that shield? She is using it like it is second nature to her. It looks like the sword is harming these creatures. 

"Eleanor looks like I will have to rely on you as my sword and shield right now. "

"...This is what I have longed for my queen. You don't know how happy this makes me. I finally get to be your knight."

"Knight?... Okay as you say, I will rely on you Eleanor my knight."

Immediately Eleanor had such a boost in power that it felt like she had activated a cheat just like in a videogame.

She was cutting through the wraiths like they were nothing.

We then came to them. A skeleton almost two and a half metres tall and a shadow-like wraith. I believe that type of wraith is called a phantom. From what the devil queen told me about them they must be very powerful.

"Eleanor, you will take on the phantom while I take care of this skeleton over here. Cilia please keep your distance we don't want you to get hurt"

"As you wish my queen, I will fight the phantom while you fight the elder lich."

"Welcome challengers, defeat us to gain entry to where the dungeon's core is."

Immediately the elder lich spawned many of the skeleton soldiers. It did not use any chants it just spawned them by using inscriptions that feel similar to those that appear when a gate opens.

Fighting this skeleton soldiers will be a waste of mana. The best way to defeat it will be to cut through the horde with light magic and attack the Elder lich with light magic.

Okay, that was easier than I thought but now I am beat.

How is Eleanor doing?... Is this really the same Eleanor I know? She is fighting like she has had years of experience in combat. Her movements are like those of a very powerful and experienced knight. Looks like I won't need to do anything to help her.

After that spectacle of a fight, the knight-shaped phantom was defeated. Golden pieces of armour and a dark amethyst ring were dropped.

I felt like the armour would be a nice fit for Eleanor so I gave it to her. 

"Thank you your majesty."

"You deserve it. I am grateful for your help"

"Don't be, I am your sword and shield so helping you is the purpose that brings joy to me."

The gate to the last level of the dungeon opened up. Looks like we are finally about to conquer this dungeon.

8