One with the flames
467 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Violet's POV

There I was clenched in between the red giant's fist. Looks like we are going to start moving. The giant made haste as if he had some urgent news to take to his king. Maybe he did? 

Looking at the direction we were heading was a city I can only describe as beautiful. 

This is quite a nice contrast to the hellish landscape that first meets the eye. I believe this is the city I saw afar the first time I arrived here.

Okay now that I am close enough to see, this city is huge and really beautiful. How can they have all these precious metals to make such huge and beautiful architecture with? Talk about towering walls coated with what I assume to be brass. The gate that sat in the middle of a wall that looked to stretch to infinity was just so beautiful. The detailed craftsmanship that was done to it can only be described as a pinnacle of mastery in the art.

We entered the city gates in quite a rush. Looking around I could see beings of all shapes and sizes. Although there was a lot of diversity they all had one similar trait. That was the colour of the skin. Even if there were multiple shades of the colour all were still red.

The giant just kept on moving through a district I assume is for giants since all the people and buildings were humongous.

We went through several layers of walls before we arrived at a very majestic castle. 

"I request to have an audience with his majesty?"

"For what purpose? You do know his majesty is a busy king?"

"I know but this is urgent. I have caught an outsider..."

"We get those every time. The elemental planes are interconnected by the shadow plane so getting an outsider from the other elemental planes is pretty common."

"But I am not taking about visitors from the other elemental planes of existence. I am talking about one from our original realm. You know the one that is referred to as the material realm."

"You do know what you are saying is impossible."

"Then where does this come from if not the material plane."

"Wait, is that the so-called elf."

I am a living breathing being so why are they referring to me as a thing. They do realise I can understand them. 

"Okay let me inform the king of this situation and request for his audience for you."

"Thank you very much for this."

He went inside and after a while, he come back to us saying that the king has agreed to have an audience with the giant.

We walked into the gate and immediately the giant seemed to get smaller and smaller till he was the average height of an adult male human being.

Although his size had changed his strength was still there.

The castle was just as magnificent on the inside as it was in the outside. This place must really have a lot of precious metal and good craftsmen.

Then we got into the throne room and looking to the far end there he was sitting on his throne.

A being who seemed to be purely made of fire.

He sat there his flames engulfing his whole throne.

The temperatures he was producing could be felt through out the throne room.

"Bow intruder you are in the presence of our king."

Immediately he forced my body down so that I was in such a position that I was bowing to their king. "Raise your heads... It is really impressive that you are able to survive the intense waves of my flames. Better yet how are you able to walk through our plane of existence without dying? So tell me your purpose for coming here intruder."

" I was just trying to learn my abilities..."

"Abilities? Now that you mention it you do seem to have some control over the flames around you. Tell me how did you come to enter our plane of existence. People from the material realm should not be able to access the other realms of existence."

"I am not sure...It, it just happened."

"Oh, Now that I look at you I see those pointy ears. Are you an elf by chance?"

"Ah, yes I am."

"That explains it, so you are a 'high elf' as your people call you."

"Ah yes, How did you know?"

"Well that is because only elves blessed by the fae or as you call them high elves are able to access the other realms."

"Wait...Did you say fae? As in fairies?"

"Yes, I did."

"Do you mean to say fairies exist in this world?"

"Seriously I just told you that they do."

"So did you come here by the use of Yggdrasil? I think that is the connection to the fae realm that your people were left with."

"No it was not by the use of Yggdrasil but Qliphoth."

"Qliphoth? Oh I see Queen Lucifer's connection to the demon realm."

"Who is queen Lucifer?"

"You don't need to worry about that...Now tell me do you know about the celestial?"

"Celestials? Sorry never heard of them?"

"Then what type of avatar are you? The fairy realm should really do better when choosing their avatars."

"Have you ever even been able to summon an elemental fairy?"

"Summon a fairy? I can do that?"

"Wow, you really don't know much about your abilities."

"Okay let me tell you a story. Since you are so ignorant as to your purpose in this world.

Long ago this world had only one plane of existence that resided in what is now known as the material plane. All the races that scattered throughout the other planes all resided in that plane of existence. Then come the day the invaders invaded through multiple gates to another world that had opened. 

They came with powers beyond our comprehension and easily subdued us. Then using their magic items they slowly displaced us into other planes of existence that had been formed until the original inhabitants of this world were nowhere to be found. 

Their invasion of this land brought about new types of races. 

Soon the most superior of their races ascended to another realm. From there they have been slowly growing powerful and crippling the other realms from achieving the same. 

When they come to our world they could not completely control our magic so they introduced a race of beings that could. That is what is being referred to as spirits.

Soon enough spirits started to develop into other superior beings. The most powerful of them are the fairies. When the Superior of the invaders' race noticed that fairies could grow to be too powerful they crippled them by making the slaves to their races. But still, this would have made the others of their races powerful so they banished the fairies to the fae realm.

The fae have tried to come back to the material realm ever since to try and stomp the tyrannical hold the Celestials have over the whole world but since they are slaves they have to rely on the most magically gifted of the foreign races that is the elves.

They always choose an avatar who is supposed to help them achieve their goal of stopping the Celestials."

"So I am the avatar that has been chosen?"

"Most probably."

"What about the Qliphoth? It also chose me."

"I don't know much about that, so I can't give you an answer."

"Okay, I will get to know soon enough."

"Anyway since you are a powerful high elf you can be my anchor on the material plane."

"Your anchor?"

"Yes, my anchor. As I told you we cannot sustain our existence there without an anchor."

"But I don't know anything about how to do that, I am just now learning how to use my powers."

"Don't worry you will soon learn...Looks like your time with us is up. Wait I didn't catch your name. What was it again?"

"I am Violet."

"Oh, I see Violet I am Ignus. I will see you the next time you come here."

Looks like the flames are taking me back home.

"My king what have you deci..."

I appeared where I was before I went to that plane of existence. So I am an avatar of the fae realm this is new news to me.

"My queen have you gotten a grasp of your powers yet?"

"While the visiting of other planes of existence is still a foreign concept to me, I am now one with the flames. My fear of them has been vanquished. I am ready to master them."

7