You are a demon and I am a demon
341 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rae's POV

Now time to travel back to the royal academy. Using a gate will be the fastest way there but I still don't know how to use the sea of shadows to travel to a specific point.

I have flight magic so I can fly there... But I am not alone. Maybe Riley can fly us there?... But she is a dragon and will draw a lot of unwanted attention.

" Hmph... I just wish there was a faster way of going back to the academy."

"Let me fly you there master."

"Thanks for offering but unfortunately for us you are a dragon and will thus draw unwanted attention."

"But don't you have light magic?  Use illusion magic to conceal me or can you not use illusion magic... Dark magic can also do illusion magic but it is not as effective."

She is right. I will have to look at that later. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

"I am sorry but I can't..."

"Okay, what about us using the ethereal realm to travel there."

"We can do that?"

"Yes, we can. As I told you the ethereal realm is the central axis of other planes of existence. It also exists simultaneously with the material plane meaning we can travel through the material realm using the ethereal realm. While sometimes time differs between the ethereal realm and the other realms of existence it mostly runs parallel with that of the material realm apart from some few parts which are outside the sister veil like dungeons and labyrinths. What I mean is the parts of the ethereal realm that are within the sister veil run parallel with the material realm."

" Sister veil?... The ethereal seems to be a complex dimension with many layers to study, but for now, put simply we can travel through the ethereal realm and reach the Academy without being noticed by anyone."

"Yes."

"Okay then let us take our leave."

Looks like Cilia and Eleanor are still disoriented from the pressure of the surrounding potent mana.

I am sure they will get better with time

I just have to say, for my first time riding a dragon this was pretty enjoyable. While the scales are a little bit hard to sit on making the ride slightly uncomfortable the ride itself more than makes up for it.

At first, I could not look through the sister veil and thus was not able to see all of the material realm only just the terrain that has been emulated by the sister veil but then slowly my sight started to adjust to the point I could see people on the other side clearly.

After a while, we arrived at the royal academy. Looks like everything is proceeding as normal. Riley landed at the dorm house. Can't believe I missed this place that much. It feels good to be home. Hope the others are fine. 

Now time for me to take a nice long bath before I go meet with the principal to talk about Riley's living situation.

That was nice. I feel rejuvenated. Now to head to the principal's office.

"Riley, follow me."

The number of students around is wanting...Mmmmh I see volunteers. This war must be taking a toll on this country if they are asking for student volunteers.

The cafeteria is looking free. I am feeling a little bit peckish. Maybe I should take a quick bite before I head to the principal's office.

"Riley do you feel hungry."

"Yeah, a bit but it is nothing we will eat later."

"No, let us go eat some food before we head to the principal..."

"But I can't impose..."

"You are not imposing anything, we need energy to function and energy is gotten only through the consumption of food."

"Okay, if you insist."

We got some and sat down to eat. Looks like Riley was really hungry glad she is enjoying her meal. The number of students in the cafeteria was extremely low. This war must be hitting this country. Then a conversation between two students caught my attention. 

I am usually not one to eavesdrop but even though this was accidental I feel like it is related to me.

"Do you still want to volunteer? Did you not hear about that group of volunteers that were ambushed by the demon army. Many of them were injured but luckily no one died. The only one who seems to have inquired a fatal blow is that princess."

Princess?

"I know that but am I not allowed to die for my country. Princess Ivy knew the meaning of patriotism so even if she does, she will die a hero. I am going to follow in her footsteps and try and fight for my country even if it costs me my life."

Did he just say princess Ivy? Let me go to the principal's office and confirm the situation for myself.

" Riley if you are done let's go."

"As you wish master."

We walked hurriedly to the principal's office. When I reached his office I barged in without even a knock on the door. 

"Mr Principal is what I have heard true?"

"Calm down miss Velmont. What exactly are you talking about."

"I am asking if Ivy is in a near-death state."

"I am still not sure if it is her but yes there is a student who is in a comatose state with their whole body being afflicted by some sort of powerful curse."

"How do you not know which student it is. Just tell me if it is Ivy or Not."

"As I told you before I am not sure but there is a high probability it is."

"Then tell me her location now. I can save her."

"You can save her?..."

"Yes, I can..."

"Here is the location of the camp that the news came from."

"Riley can you take me here."

"Right away master."

"Miss Velmont who is this.."

We immediately left the room and headed straight for the camp using the ethereal realm.

When I arrived there I asked for her location. Many of the soldiers were wary of me and did not want to give any information but once I told them I am of royal blood and she was part of my faction they showed me to her.

There she was. Looking so helpless and miserable. This is a familiar sight. I think this is how Eleanor and her companions looked the first time we met them. Has Ivy met the same witch who attacked Eleanor? If so, is this witch part of the demon army? She will pay for what she did to Eleanor and now what she has done to Ivy.

"I can heal but to do so I will need the room to myself."

"I don't think I can allow that."

"You are wasting precious time... please leave the room."

"I am sorry but I can't..."

"Riley, show this man out."

"Right away master."

"What are you planning..."

Now that I have the room to myself I am able to do the procedure. I am sorry Ivy but to live you will have to become a vampire.

I did the procedure the same as the first time. Ivy woke up moments later. Looks like her life was saved.

"Lady Rae what are you doing here. I thought you did not want to fight for the..."

"Don't worry, I am not here for the country, I am here for you."

"For me? What do you mean?"

"What is the last thing you remember?"

"Ah...I remember our unit being attacked by demons from the sky. I was about to engage a black-haired woman in combat before I passed out. Wait am I hurt?"

" You were afflicted by a curse but now you are fine."

"How? I thought curses need light magic to be dispelled... Are you the one that healed me?"

"Yes, but I did not exactly use light magic."

"You did not use light magic? Then how did you dispel my curse?"

"I turned you into a vampire."

"Oh, you turned me into a vampire that makes sense... Wait what did you just say? Did you turn me into a vampire? That would mean that I am a demon. Wait then you are a demon?"

"Yes, I am a vampire queen so I am able to turn you into a vampire."

"So you are a demon and I am a demon."

"Master, are you done? These people are looking pretty upset."

"Wait who is that girl?"

"Yes, I am done...That is Riley"

5