The Demon King
295 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reina's POV

"Your majesty, I have news from the front lines."

"Okay speak."

"One of the cities we had captured has been reclaimed by the humans."

"Which city is this?"

"It is the City of Mesomia your majesty."

"Mesomia! When did this happen?"

"Not long ago just two days ago."

"How? I thought that Victoria and her people were able to carry out Norn's plan."

"Yes they were but a new problem arose."

"Which problem is this?"

"The humans brought in reinforcements."

"Reinforcements? How many?"

"Ahhh...Two."

"Two? How were they able to reclaim the city with two people add to their side. Were these two people their most powerful knights?"

"Well, it was a young girl of about the age of 12 years and..."

"A 12-year-old girl? That doesn't make sense."

"I should mention the 12-year-old girl had crimson hair and is most probably a vampire queen."

"What did you say!!!"

"The girl is a vampire queen and the other person most probably is her dragon."

"Huh...How many soldiers did we lose?"

"About six thousand soldiers."

"Six thousand soldiers!... Okay, how can you describe their strength?"

"All I can say is that they took out six thousand soldiers in a matter of seconds... I know it is a little bit presumptuous of me but I think for us to defeat that girl we will need all our generals."

" You think she is that powerful?"

"I believe she is...The girl also had a demand that she wanted to be met."

"What demand is this?"

"She wants us to hand over Miss Victoria and the overseer if we don't she has threaten to obliterate our entire army. I know it might sound like baseless threats but I believe she has the power to do so."

"Yeah, I believe you. She is a vampire queen after all."

"How do you want us to proceed your majesty."

"I think I need a meeting with my generals. How long did she give us?

" She gave us a week to comply with the ultimatum."

"A week! We don't have much time. Send word to all my generals. We need to get a solution to this problem quickly."

"Right away your majesty."

So the current vampire queen is a twelve-year-old. If so then she is not the one who killed my parents but still it doesn't erase the fact that the vampire queens have oppressed my lineage for so long.

My father was born into the lineage of the son of the first vampire queen. For centuries the sons born into the family have worked towards correcting the wrong that was done to them. His hate for female vampires especially of royal blood was deeply rooted to the point that he did not want to associate with any female vampires. So it makes sense that he took in my mother as his wife.

For centuries the family has been looking for a way to overcome the curse of the vampire progenitor and my father was no stranger to the tradition. With much effort put in and little success gained the tradition left most of my ancestors miserable and for a time my father fell into its clutches.

That was until he met my mother. The time he spent with my mother always filled him with bliss. My mother and father were total opposites but that did not stop them from loving each other.

Their love was put to trial many times for my mother was a celestial and my father was a demon. Their union was seen as taboo for those two races were bitter enemies.

Then I came a long and woe unto my father I was not the son he wanted. Even though my father had found love he still felt he had an obligation to carry out his ancestors' will. He had hoped that the union between my mother and him would have given rise to a powerful boy who would have finally carried out the will of the ancestors but unfortunately, he had a baby girl.

For vampires, having multiple children can be an issue sometimes even close to impossible so he felt like my birth had wasted his only chance of getting a son.

He wasted no time in showing his dislike of me. My mother noticed his attitude towards me and this almost caused their relationship to fall apart. 

To save his relationship he worked hard on building a sort of bond with me and for a time we were all happy even if at times it felt forced.

Then came the fateful day that we found my mother dead. My father immediately got to the conclusion that she was killed by a vampire queen when he found a lock of crimson hair by her side.

His attitude towards me Immediately shifted. He went back to showing his disdain for me but this time he also tried to train me to carry out his family's will.

"Even though you are a girl you are still my child so you will inherit this will. Avenge your mother for me for I don't have the power to and if possible make the vampire queens pay for the centuries of injustice they showed our people."

These were the last words he ever told me. After that, he disappeared for weeks.

At first, I thought he had left me since I was a female vampire but no he was dead... no more like he was killed the same way as my mother. 

The day I found him is the day that people from my mother's side first made contact with me. 

The man who came offered to give me the revenge I desperately wanted. He took me in and from there my training began. 

I was seven at the time my family perished at the hands of the vampire queen. Even if my father was a little cold with me I still believe he loved me and I loved him so his blood and my mother's must be paid in kind.

My father wanted a boy so I spent much of my time pretending to be the boy he wanted. I didn't know that I would need that skill later on. While I had celestial blood running through my veins I was still not allowed to enter the celestial realm so I spent most of my time on its outer borders.

I got to learn many skills from both sides of my lineage.

When I turned twelve I was given the task of killing the demon realm's king. This was the first step I was to take to avenge my family. The man who had taken me in promised if I followed his plan to the end I will get my vengeance and my stay in the celestial realm will be approved where he will take me in as his daughter.

After I killed the demon king I assumed his form using illusion magic and carried out orders given to me from the celestial realm.

For five years I have followed his orders and now the country I am ruling is at war with the humans. Even if this goes according to his plan there has been no progress on my revenge part. Now that the vampire queen has shown herself even if she is not the one that killed my parents her death should substitute that of her mother's and repay the death of my parents. I will then take over her clan and usher in a new era where the curse of the first vampire progenitor will be worked on until it is broken.

But first I will have to consult with the generals on how to face her for I am still responsible for a lot of demons' lives.

6