Reincarnated?
989 8 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Black was the only thing I saw. Then white, then suddenly, I was here. 

In a basic bedroom, I laid face up; staring at a grey un-endearing popcorn ceiling with a blaring alarm yelling in my right ear. 

I had really reincarnated.

—————————

I remember specifically only requesting one singular thing, something an inter dimensional being with limitless power and wisdom would be able to grant without trouble. In fact, for such a being, this request could be done as naturally as breathing. 

If I was to be reborn, I wished to be reborn without my memories. 

However, contrary to my request, my memories remain. Why?

I got up from the bed and looked around. The room was as plain yet uncomforting as the dreaded popcorn ceiling. A closet, a cabinet, a desk, fan, some plushies, lamp—whatever. 

The room had no personality. Not that I’m complaining. I’m not much of an interior decorator myself.

Speaking of myself, I thought I was supposed to be reborn, however, I’m definitely not a baby. My height is that of an adult. 

There were no mirrors in this plain room, so I’d have to leave the room and explore if I was to investigate further. 

And so I did. 

Opening the bedroom door, I stepped into a short hallway, consisting of two other doors on the side and a large room at the end of the hallway. Presumably the living room. 

I stepped into the living room. So far, no one was in this house but me. That alone was comforting, but also not. 

Beep, Beep!

A weird beeping sound came from the living room couch. I guess it’s just me and the alarms in this unsettling house. 

I walked towards the source of the noise and found an iPhone placed face up on the couch. A reminder notification was displayed on the screen. It read:

“REMEMBER B.F.U PROFESSOR ASSISTANCE, ROOM 103”

I definitely did not set up that reminder. It wouldn’t be possible if I was reborn, so, who did? Also, B.F.U professor assistance? I guess the U In that acronym means University. 

One thing was clear however. I was late to mentioned event. 

That didn’t matter though, because I am free of worries. I just arrived here in this world, I should take it slow. 

Oh, I forgot about my mission: find a mirror.

I opened a few doors, one led to a kitchen, no mirror obviously, the other a bathroom with a mirror. How surprising. 

Another surprising thing was my appearance. 

Light-brown hair with dark brown eyes. I looked like someone in their early 20’s. 

Well, I don’t think I was reborn. This was a completely different person. 

“So. What do you think?” 

A voice from every direction spoke. I could never get used to this indescribable voice. It’s characteristics full of contradicting nuance. A calm but bold voice, terrifying yet friendly demeanor. 

It was that of the previously mentioned interdimensional being full of power and wisdom. One that is too much of a bitch to grant this pitiful human's simple request. 

Ouch. I suppose your thoughts give me the answer to my question all the same.”

Of course, said interdimensional being full of lies and bitchiness knows me too well. I ask this being: why are my memories still intact? 

“You do remember your wording, correct?”

If I were to be reborn—

“You would like to have your memories stripped from you.” 

“IF you were to be reborn. Alas, you are not. Your soul has been moved by me, onto another body.” 

That sounds like the meaning of being reborn. 

Being reborn has a lot of definitions, but due to my immense strength, I get to choose what it actually means. Being reborn is not that of change in appearance, the obtaining of a new vessel, or even personality. It is that of the complete destruction of one’s soul. Then, it is recrafted into a new one; a new being.” 

I felt my eye twitch. Of course this interdimensional asshat would use a definition of reborn that no one gives a shit about or uses. 

“If you were to be truly reborn, your memories would disappear regardless. Reduce,reuse, recycle.” 

I hate this interdimensional dildo so much. 

“Your hatred is temporary, though I am sure once you begin your journey in this world, it shall grow like a spider plant injected with growth steroids.”

Your analogies are absolutely terrible for an almighty being. 

“Would you like me to give you a background check on who’s body you are in? No need to answer, I was going to do it anyways.”

My eyebrow twitched once more. 

“Elliot Mast. A college student and also a professor's assistant. You have no family other than a pseudo-guardian which you will encounter soon.” 

“Ah, you’re probably thinking: why this body? Well, I’m such an immense being with limitless power and possibilities that even my mind full of ultimate knowledge and inter dimensional wisdom, cannot comprehend the sheer reasoning of such a being (Me). Such a paradox I’m afraid.” 

This inter dimensional schizo makes no sense. 

“That being said, I will introduce some new information to you.”

Oh? 

“You are not the protagonist. The protagonist is also in this world and you shall soon meet him.” 

Huh? Protagonist? The hell are you talking about?? 

“Let me explain. The world you are in currently is a universe I have created based off a book. Your soul has been moved into a side-character named Elliot Mast.” 

Huh?? For what reason would you do that?

“I have already made it clear that my mind is so full of wisdom and knowledge that I cannot comprehend my own actions.” 

Ah, of course, how could I forget. Please disregard that question then, Oh mighty one. 

I say with obvious sarcasm. 

“It is no bother, I am used to idiocy from mortals. No matter. I have spoken what I felt is needed. Enjoy your new life, for it is certainly not the last.” 

And just like that, the inter dimensional douche left to wherever, leaving much more questions than answers. 

Unfortunately, one cannot ponder that which has no meaning. It’s clear that the almighty being has no thought process. Thus, there’s only one thing to do. 

Explore this new “book world.” It’s not like I could stay in this empty room my whole new life, right? 

Yes, I am a very adapting person, but that is not by my own will. I’m sure if I was the same person I was before this rein- transmigration, I would surely spend weeks, months in confusion. However, that would be boring, wouldn’t it? 

Well, I guess it’s time to go outside, touch grass, explore. And so, I found what I assumed was the front door of this house, and opened it. 

“Ah, Elliot! I was just about to knock.”

What stood in front of me was an admittedly fashionable woman with short, wavy brownish-black hair and caramel skin. 

Suddenly, a wave of memories came flushing into my mind like a tidal wave. Like if someone just fisted the Tree of Knowledge up your ass and left you to sit with the consequences. 

While it was a surprising experience, my expression didn’t change one bit, but in my mind I was swarming with confusion and information. 

Her name was Alicia Wells. Elliot’s—or now my—closest friend. He had known her since high school as aqquantances. When he found out they were going to the same college, they began to hang out more. 

The experiences of Elliot were now mine, because of that, Alicia was truly my closest friend. It was such a bizarre feeling, one I had never known before. 

I was truly glad to see her. 

“You’ve been absent for almost two days. You didn’t even text me and Professor Bell has been finding me and questioning me about your disappearance!” 

She huffed, not even taking a chance to breath between sentences. 

“I’m sorry. I.. I was preoccupied with something. I think I might have gotten a bit too into it. I don’t know what happened.” 

Obviously I couldn’t give the exact reason for my absence. Would she believe me? Definitely not. 

Not only that, but the reason for my absence as Elliot wasn’t easy to explain either. His reason was rather silly and mundane. Obviously the supreme being didn’t mind lazy explanations for plot holes. 

He simply slept for two days straight due to tiredness. 

I look up into her eyes sheepishly, despite my apathetic nature in my mind, outwardly, I am very expressional. I feel guilty for lying to her like this. 

However, my eyes caught something odd as I looked up at her. A pink, semi transparent screen display floating just above her head. 

The words on the mysterious screen read:

Alicia Wells

Age: 22

Role: 2nd female lead

I.B. Note: Surprised, huh? 

The hell is with that role name? 2nd female lead? As in romance? And she’s the second one?? There’s more??? Yes I am surprised. 

Is this good so far?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
21