Out of Character
465 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been a week since the bar incident and Alicia’s actions. I lay on my bed with no thoughts whatsoever. I think I’m in a state of numbness at this point. So many things happened to me all at once and because of that it all just blends together…

 

I can’t even cope right.

 

“How tragic.”

 

“Fuck.”

 

“Did you miss me, mortal? It seems you’re doing well.”

 

“Yeah, splendid thanks. Little shit…”

 

“I sense tension in the air.”

 

“Wow! What an astute observation! Truly, your wisdom knows no bounds.”

 

“Flattery shall get you nowhere, mortal.”

 

“For fuck sake… What the hell do you want anyway?”

 

“I have come to grant some wisdom to you about this world I have created.”

 

I sat up immediately in interest. So far I have been going completely blind in this world. This is a chance to find my way out of here.

 

“So? Spit it out!”

 

“So impatient. Well, the world you are currently in is much like your past home in terms of technology, geography, and social structure…”

 

“I don’t care about that. I could figure that out on my own just from living here for this amount of time! Tell me about the damn storyline you created!”

 

“Telling you everything would ruin the fun. However, I would like to set you back on track…”

 

“Back on track?”

 

“Your current actions and relationships that you’ve built… are not in relation to how the story is supposed to go. In other words, you are out-of-character.”

 

“Are you blaming this on me? You didn’t fucking tell me what role in the story I was! You just shoved me in here and fucked off!”

 

“Yes, I admit it is my fault if just slightly. That is why I am here.”

 

“Fuck, why can’t you just tell me how the story goes…”

 

“I will, but I shall not lay it out flatly. Instead, I shall give you a guide.”

 

Suddenly, a screen appeared before more with a familiar pink transparent shade. 

Story Guide V.1.0.0

Character points: -13

Current character mission: N/A

“The hell is this.”

 

“Can you not read? It is your story guide.”

 

“Yeah, no shit but what the hell are character points… and missions?”

 

“They are very self-explanatory, but I guess a puny mortal mind like yourself could never comprehend.”

 

I felt a vain pop.

 

“As you can see, you have a number of character points. Each action you make in this world rewards you, or deducts a character point based on whether or not you are in character. You have made 13 out-of-character actions. Congratulations.”

 

“Well, how the hell am I supposed to know whether I’m in character or not?”

 

“That is what the “Current character missions” are for. Based on your actions, this system shall assign you a task to get you back into character. If you complete the task, you shall be rewarded with a character point.”

 

“And what do these character points do for me.”

 

“Get enough of them… and I shall grant you a wish.”

 

“How can I trust you when you didn’t even grant my wish before. My memories are still here!”

 

“Your wish was not granted due to technicality. However, if asked again, it shall be granted indefinitely.”

 

I paused for a second. I guess my theory was right, I did have to follow the story. At least I can do it more smoothly due to this guide…

 

“Wait, how many character points exactly must I get?”

 

“...Undecided.”

 

“What!? Then how the hell do I know you won’t just fuck me over and make me live here for eternity!?”

 

“Because I am a gracious being. You must trust me.”

 

“This is a scam.”

 

“I shall pretend I did not hear your ungratefulness just then. Now then, I shall assign you a mission. Good luck.”

 

*Beep!* 

 

My story guide was updated, and a mission was set on the screen.

 

Story Guide V.1.0.0

Character points: -13

Current character mission: Meet with Professor Bell when he calls you. Do what he asks.

 

What the fuck. Hey! Being! Answer me!”

 

 

No response. Gone like the wind…

 

Yeah, this settles it. I’m in hell.

 

Hey, sorry for the short chapter. I'm trying to figure out where I'm actually going with this story lol. In the meantime, here are some quick sketches of what Professor Bell and Mirabella look like (Not colored).

 

b3f4a781d20c60029a6d281e4c812aae.png

045578040f999e14d663c314887eebf9.png

 

5