Chapter whatever
135 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alicia was really kind to me. I guess that whole half-lie-truth-thing really did work. Still, it’s hard to adjust to the fact that I am

 

1: In a completely different body and world

2: All the other shit

 

I’ve been staying at my supposed apartment which she drove me to. Alicia is staying with me these few days just to help me around.

 

The house I had honestly was an upgrade to my previous one. A comfy apartment with light beige walls with little painted-over white patches. The wall was decorated with little framed pictures, posters, and hanging pots containing different-sized plants. Some of the pots had vines stretching down to almost touch the floor. Nice scenic fairy lights ran across the top of the wall, connecting the four vertices of the room with a nice dim luminescence. 

 

“I always forget how your apartment looks like an Instagram girl aesthetic,” Alicia commented. “The greenery is pretty nice at least.”

 

I didn’t respond. Instead, glanced around the room, scanning for a fridge. I was hungry.

 

“Oh, wait I forgot.” Alicia stopped me from my search. I turned to her.

 

“What?” I said

 

“So, I hope you know I was joking about me being your girlfriend and stuff... Estola is the name of this city but” She chuckled awkwardly “there’s no city named Zucchini or Plantain city. At least not near here. I just wanted to see if you were lying to me.”

 

That caught me completely off guard. I’ve been so used to abnormality lately that I actually believed her.

 

“I knew you were lying, who would name their city that?” I replied. I could feel my face heating up. Alicia stared at me for a bit before bursting out into laughter.

 

“Pfft! Oh my god did you actually believe me? Jesus, I guess you really are telling the truth!”

 

‘As embarrassing as this was for me, at least she believed me… Still. What kind of person would just lie about things like that!? And she did it so convincingly too… or am I that easy to fool.’

 

“Look, if you REALLY lost your memory, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about yourself.” she continued. 

 

1