Chapter 7: I Will Have A New Family Member Soon…Ehh?
4.7k 38 168
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mama and mother Haine can't help but smile while looking at the excited me.

"Can I touch the crystal now, Mama?"

"The crystal is not going anywhere, Airi. You don't have to be in such a hurry."

"Mother Haine is right. We also have something to tell you before your awakening."

"Yes?"

"Airi, we will always be on your side."

"Regardless of the awakening result, Mama Selene and I will always love you."

Because of the excitement that I can use the magic soon, I almost forget about the importance of the awakening ceremony.

Many children in this world get their bright futures ruined because of their lack of talent for magic. Or some have to live with the inferiority because they don't get the desired grimoire type. And most of the time, those result from parents putting too much expectation on their children.

"Mama, Mother..."

Looking at how much they care about me makes me want to repay their love as soon as possible. I smile brightly to dispel their worried.

"No matter what happens, I will always be your child."

I take up all my courage and reach out to the colourful crystal. Once I touch the crystal, a light immediately comes out of it and shoots at my chest. The whole phenomenon creates a bright light that temporarily blinds our sight.

As the light disperses, I can find a grimoire floating in the middle of the air.

"Pink cover..."

I feel disappointed since it's not an offence or support grimoire because I can't engrave the space and time spell on the summoning grimoire. Mama senses my depressed mood and tries to comfort me.

"Let's take a look at the grimoire, Airi."

I reach out to the grimoire and try to open it. I hope my grimoire will have a lot of pages inside.

"Ehh..."

"What's wrong, Airi?"

Mother Haine approaches my side and looks at my grimoire.

"Huh?"

Mama seems to notice the abnormality and asks both of us.

"What's wrong, Haine?"

"There is only one page inside Airi's grimoire."

"Huh."

Right, I can find only one page inside my grimoire. With this limitation, I can't even summon any mid-tier summoning beast, not to mention a high-tier summoning beast.

Mama and mother look at me with eyes full of worried. I can't help but sigh out loud and touch the page inside the grimoire.

"Airi..."

Mama pats my head and comforts me with her warm voice.

"I'm fine, Mama..."

Mama and mother don't have to look so sad about this. It's my fault that I don't have the magic talent. At least in this life, I have a healthy body, and I can live so comfortably.

I turn the page inside the grimoire to see if there is anything behind it.

"What!"

A new page immediately emerges inside the grimoire when I turn the page.

"Mother! Mama! Look! Look!"

Both Mama and mother have surprised looks because of this phenomenon. I don't wait for the two to react and quickly turn another page.

2...3...10, and eventually, I have 40 pages inside the grimoire. There is no sign the pages will stop appearing whenever I turn the page. My grimoire quickly reaches 100 pages, which breaks the highest record in the world.

I turn to mother and Mama and find they have blank looks on their face.

"Eheheheh..."

I can't help but smile while staring at the grimoire.

"It's good for you, Airi."

"Yes, Mama~."

Even though the summoning grimoire is not my desired type, this grimoire is very fun to use inside the game. The summoning target inside "Magical Academy" is not only limited to the living things. Equipment, like a sword, a knife, or a shield, is also included in the summoning target.

And everyone categorizes the summoning target from rank 1 to rank 12. All summoning target has the chance to reach rank 12 if we nurture them correctly.

I can't fully utilize this summoning grimoire in the game since the MC only has ten pages. I usually engrave the MC's grimoire with a high-tier summoning beast or a high-tier equipment inside the game to use them as the trump card to beat the boss.

Mama and mother Haine watch over me with warm eyes.

"Airi seems to have a lot of fun, Haine."

"Uhm, let her be like that for a while."

I don't know since when, but mother Haine has already taken out her camera and keeps taking pictures of me.

"But, Airi."

"Yes, Mama?"

"Mother Haine has prepared the prepare many materials beforehand. You can summon right away."

"Eh?"

"Your dear mother has also prepared many more materials in case that you get another type of grimoire."

Mother Haine blushes as Mama Selene tells me everything.

"Selene...!"

Mama replies to mother Haine in a mischievous voice.

"Fine, I won't tell her anymore~."

Mother Haine fakes coughing and tries to change the topic.

"Ehem, what kind of summoning beast do you like, Airi? Or do you want a bad boy like Liam?"

Moh, mother...What part of Liam is a bad boy? He should be a cat instead of a lion, since he always listens to me and behaves cutely around me.

"Dragon! Can I have a dragon, mother?"

I know it's impossible for mother Haine to prepare the materials relating to the dragon in our household. But there's nothing to lose by asking after all!

"I have a few dragon materials. Let me get them out for you."

I roll my eyes as I hear mother Haine's answer. How come our household has something like dragon materials?

Mother Haine enters the storage room and takes out many gigantic skulls.

"They are all dragon skulls, Airi."

"Woah!"

I try touching these bones and feel the incredible hardness coming from them.

"Even with these materials, your probability of summoning dragon is still not 100%, Airi."

"I know, mother Haine!"

Right! I once got a slime by using many legendary items to summon in the game. I can load if the summoning fails in the game, but I can't load in real life.

And we move to the garden so I can be ready for the summoning. Mother Haine piles up all the dragon bones and asks me to put the grimoire on the top. She also draws a complicated magic circle under those bones.

"You only need to touch the magic circle to summon your familiar, Airi."

"Yes, mother!"

The magic circle immediately shines when I touch it. The dragon bones slowly turn into dust and let the grimoire absorb them.

After a while, the grimoire shoots a ray of light at the ground. A small white figure step appears from the light.

"A kitten..."

What emerges from the light is not a mighty dragon but a young and adorable white kitten. The grimoire magically flies back and lands on my palm in the meantime. I open it to check the information about the kitten.

 

Naughty Kitten: Miao.

Rank: 1

Ability:
+Playing Trick ~Nya: Create a weak illusion to confuse the target.

 

"This..."

Mother Haine and Mama Selene also take a peek at my grimoire. Mother Haine is the first one to comment.

"Airi's first time is quite unlucky."

"I prefer this kid over an ugly-looking reptile."

"You just want a pet, Selene."

I ignore their flirting sessions and reach out to Miao. I pick him up from the ground and hold it in front of my face.

"Nice to meet you, Miao."

Miao stares at me innocently...Then Miao uses his paw to hit my face.

"Miao...!"

I punish Miao by pinching its cheek. So fluffy~

"Nyaaaa!!!"

Miao finds the situation unfavourable and tries to escape. But it's too late now...

"It's too late now!!!"

I will use Miao as a hugging pillow for tonight's sleep as a punishment for it. I say good night to mother Haine and Mama before running toward my bedroom.


 

After Haine and Selene put Airi to sleep, they sit on the sofa in the living room and have a small chat.

"Airi gave us a lot of surprises today, Selene."

"I wonder who she takes after. There is a person who surprised a lot when she was young."

Haine coughs and looks away with embarrassment.

"Thankfully, Airi didn't get a bad result, so she wouldn't feel inferiority to other kids."

"But her grimoire will raise a problem in the future if others know about it."

Haine nods as she agrees with Selene's opinion.

"For others, they will perceive Airi as an army. After all, the summoner only has a few downsides: the summon beasts only deplete the master mana whenever they use the skill and the page limitation. "

"I only hope Airi to have an ordinary life, Haine. I don't want her to be like us..."

"Don't worry, Selene. I will crush all the existent that dare to make you and Airi sad."

Selene smiles softly and slowly approaches Haine's side.

"As for Airi, I can ask an acquaintance to teach her about summoning grimoire."

Haine looks quite annoyed as she figures out who Selene is talking about.

"That chibi...? Are you sure she won't bully our Airi?"

"Moh~ She is only like that to you, Haine."

"I don't want to meet her again at all..."

In the meantime, Selene reaches out to Haine and pushes her down to the sofa.

"Selene!?"

"Airi is five years old now. Is this the perfect time for her to have a new sister?"

Haine blushes as she looks away from Selene on top of her.

"Ara~Ara, you are adorable as usual, Haine."

"I am only like that to you, idiot..."

And they...The rest of the night is omitted, and Airi will never know what happened inside the living room. But the news that she will have a sister soon reaches her ears.


 

After the awakening day, I spend my day quite peacefully. Since I don't need mana to maintain Miao's summoning, this naughty kitten has become my playmate.

As for the boy in the mall, his issue becomes quite complicated since his stepfather has an influential position in the government. But mother Haine tells me not to worry about it since she will solve everything soon.

So I decide to come to the mall regularly to play with the boy in the meantime. He becomes close and quite attached to me. I also have the chance to learn the boy's name, which is Sio.

Today, I play with Sio as usual in the mall. However, I am currently wearing boy's clothes instead of the regular fluffy skirt. Mama doesn't like them at first, but I somehow manage to convince her.

"Boss...You are smiling by yourself again. So creepy..."

"Hey, Sio! Where do you learn that from?"

Sio picks up the kitten and hides his face behind it.

"The boss bullies me again, Miao."

Miao raises the paw and meows out loud.

"Nyaaa! Nyaaa!"

"Hey, don't agree with him."

Sio quickly gets acquainted with Miao. He might like to play with Miao more than me if not for I feed him fast food from time to time.

I ignore the two of them and press the vending machine in front of me.

"Boss? Do you drink the 'Steak sauce in the can' again?"

"Yeah..."

It's not like I want to drink that cursed drink...It's one of the hidden pieces you can get outside the school. I also want to get my hand on many spells like fusion, overlay or level up...But it's impossible to get them without attending the school inside the game.

This hidden piece only needs me to drink 'Steak sauce in the can' 10 days in a row.

"Yup, it's deluxe 'Steak sauce in the can' today."

I turn to Miao as if I have found my prey.

"It's for you today, Miao."

"Nyaaa! Nyaaaaa!"

"You can't run, Miao."

After Miao finishes the entire can, I take out the grimoire to check its information.

 

Naughty Kitten: Miao.

Rank: 1

Ability:
+Playing Trick ~Nya: Create a weak illusion to confuse the target.

Passive:
+Quick: The higher the rank, the quicker the user becomes.

 

It's one of the strongest passive in the game since "Magical Academy" is a turn-based game. This passive allows a rank 12 familiar to attack two times in a turn inside the game. Not to mention I can do this repeatedly and let all of my familiars have this passive. 

While I am talking with Sio, a boy suddenly crashes into us.

"Argh..."

Is this quiet Déjà vu?

"You..."

I startle and immediately notice the boy's identity. I can never be mistaken since the original MC is the only one has this kind of appearance in this world.

The boy stands up and glares at us with arrogant eyes. He has bright red hair with golden eyes.

"Do you have eyes on your face? How dare you stand in my running way? Do you know who my father is?"

Right...Before that "incident" happens, the MC is really a cheeky boy. But, can I hit him in the face?

"What are you glaring for? Do you want to die?

Yup, let me hit...

At that moment, Sio suddenly punches the boy in the face. Hey, Sio!!!

"Get lost."

For some reason, Sio is hostile to the boy more than I am.

 

Hello, everyone. It's me the author again ヽ(>∀<☆)ノ

I'm so sorry for the cliffhanger because the chapter has become quite long (∩˃o˂∩)♡

Also, the peaceful day of Airi will end soon~ ( • ༝•)

And don't forget to leave some hearts if you like the story.

 

            /)_/)☆
⠀⠀/(๑^᎑^๑)っ \
/| ̄∪ ̄  ̄ |\/
⠀ |Thanks for reading|/

 

168