Chapter 12: The hopeless romance
1.8k 35 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Airi~ Are you finished yet?"

I can hear mama Selene call me from downstairs.

"A few more minutes, mama."

With the encouragement of mama Selene, I wear more girly clothes nowadays. And now, I understand why women take so much time to prepare. For example, my current dress has many miscellaneous accessories I need to handle.

"From the cute hat to ribbons, I need to put them in the correct place. Otherwise, it will mess up my outfit."

I take one last look at myself in the mirror to make sure everything is ready.

ad98fbca4ba0549a206ae4a3ce6dcafc.png

"Ehehehe..."

I try a few cute poses in front of the mirror. At this moment, I can't help but admire my own cuteness.

"..."

Should I try the other outfit, then? Before I could change my clothes again, master Kaguya appeared from the door.

"This narcissist chibi, why did it take you so long to change a simple outfit?"

"Woman takes a long time to get changing, master."

Master Kaguya reaches out and pinches my ears.

"Woman, my ass. You are still a little girl."

"Awuuuu, I know. Please release my ear."

"No, I'm going to take you with me."

Master keeps pinching my ear until we reach downstairs. Master is so strong despite her tiny figure.

"Moh, Kaguya. You shouldn't do that to Airi."

Once master heard my mom's reminder, she immediately released her hand from my ear.

"Fine, I only released because you told me so..."

I pout and glare at master Kaguya from behind. I don't know lwhy...But my master treats my mama very differently. While master remains rough to me and mother Haine, she treats mama Selene like her treasure.

"Also, you look so cute today, Airi."

"Eheheh, thanks, mom! You look gorgeous today, too~"

Mama reaches out and picks me up. She holds me like a princess while cuddling with me.

"Since when did my cute princess learn how to compliment."

"I just learned from you, mama."

I move to the car while remaining in mama's embrace. I arrive at the front seat with mama and let my master sit in the back alone.

My mother, Haine, sits in the driver's seat and glances at me.

"You seem to be pretty happy today, Airi."

"Ehehe, because I can meet Sio today.

Sio comes to my house about 2-3 times a week. We have become close friends instead of relations between a boss and a subordinate. I also forbid her calling me boss and let her call me sister instead.

"And I can finally visit my little sister's house."

My mama pats my head while I am sitting on her lap.

"However, I need you a little help today, Airi."

"Yes, mama?"

"Do you know about Sio's brother?"

The one my mama just mentioned is Higita, right?

"I know him? What's wrong with him, mama?"

Mama tilts her head while looking a bit troublesome.

"Whew, his father and I are acquaintances. He is currently having some trouble dealing with his son."

"Heh?"

"That boy kept staying inside his room, since he returned from the mall's incident. No matter how much his dad advised him, he wouldn't leave the room."

Huh? Why did Higita react like that? I think if his stepmother was still alive, would he be happy now?

"Therefore, Airi. Since you are the same age as him, I hope you can help me with this problem."

I proudly put off my chess.

"Leave it to me, mama."

My master can't stand being left out of the conversation and voices up.

"Be careful not to break that boy's heart, Airi."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Fufuf, I won't tell you..."

Instead of looking mysterious with that action, my master usually looks like a child going to do something mischievously.

"Though..."

I never think that my mama knows Higita's father. I become even more curious about her past. Leaving those silly thoughts of mine aside, we eventually arrive at Higita's house after 1 hour of driving.

I can easily see Higita's stepmother and a middle-aged scientist waiting for us at the entrance.

7034b1f6149dcc73ba161b5643e714b6.png

The middle-aged scientist stands next to our car and respectfully greets all of us. He even bows when he sees my mama.

"Welcome everyone to my small house. Mina, please help them carry things."

"My, my..."

My mama asks master Kaguya to take out a wrapped box and give it to auntie Mina.

"I only have this gift for the host. I hope you won't mind, Ferio."

"Her Highness, your appearance here is already the greatest gift."

"You are still smooth as always, Ferio."

All the adults have a pleasant talk while we move toward the house.

"Woahhh!"

Scientist Ferio says that his house is small. But what I see here is a pretty mansion. The mansion does look like a European noble's house from the last century. However, it looks pretty modern since all the equipment inside the house looks so new to me.

Auntie Mia leans down and whispers in my ear.

"Sio is not home now, Airi. You have to wait a bit until she comes back."

My mama Selene winked at me when she overheard our conversation. I immediately remembered the mission that mama gave me.

"Auntie Mia, can I explore the house in the meantime, then?"

"This..."

While auntie is hesitating, uncle Ferio replies in her place.

"Just let her do it, Mina."

He turns to me and warmly advises.

"However, there are many things dangerous in the basement. So please don't go there."

"I get it, uncle!!!"

Uncle Ferio turns to the adults and says in a solemn voice.

"And I want to show you something in the basement."

They probably notice the seriousness of Uncle and follow him along. I guess today is not just a casual visit with my family.

After saying goodbye to the adult, I start roaming around the first floor.

"There is nothing special aside from these extravagant decorations."

After I figure out nothing left to explore on the first floor, I move to the second floor, where I find the master bedroom and Sio's bedroom.

"..."

Sio's bedroom doesn't look like a girl's room at all. If not for the diary with a weird title on the table, I would think this is a guest room instead.

"I should go shopping with Sio later."

I temporarily stop exploring her room now, and move my attention to the room opposite Sio.

"That locked room must belong to Higita."

I move in front of that room's door and knock on it softly. However, there is no response at all.

"Hummm..."

I do it rapidly and louder this time. But there is still no reaction from inside.

"..."

This time, I try knocking on the door and shouting out loud.

"Hey, idiot! Open this damn door."

As if Higita heard the familiar voice, he shouted annoyedly.

"Damn! Why are you here?"

"Because of someone hiding inside the room for the entire day, I have to be here."

"It's not your business, go away!"

"I won't go anywhere until you leave this room."

"Go away! Dumbass!"

After that, Higita shows no response to my knocking and shouting.

"Tchhh..."

I angrily sit beside the door and take a snack from the small bag that I bring along. I try to eat the snack with the loudest voice so the other side of the door can also hear the noise.

"Damn! You can't eat here."

"Why can't I?"

"You!!!"

"If you are brave enough, then come out and stop me."

After that, I used many other methods to provoke Higita.

"Fine, what do you want?"

Higita finally gives up before my stubborn methods.

"I just want to know why you are staying inside the room. What's wrong with you?"

"..."

"Heyyyyy???"

"Fine, I will tell you. Stop shouting!"

"Hoh~"

"But you need to promise me you would never tell anyone else, okay?"

"I promise!!!"

I can hear the sigh from the other side.

"In the mall...I have run away and leave everyone behind."

"..."

"I have learned many things at that time. I am too scared...I don't know who I can believe."

I can hear something hit the floor from behind the door.

"Therefore, I choose to run away..."

"..."

"Hey, dumbass."

"Yes?"

"I admire you so much. You can fight against villains. You are not afraid in front of the death."

This time, a sobbing noise comes from inside.

"A useless thing like me can only run when I am too afraid to believe anyone."

"Are you an idiot?"

"...Yes, I am."

"That's not what I am talking about, idiot."

"Yes?"

"You are worried about how to face your stepmother, right? Therefore, you deem yourself guilty and try to run from your responsibility."

"I..."

"Higita, have you ever considered auntie Mia as your mother?"

The crying becomes louder and louder.

"I have..."

"It's okay for you to make a mistake. You are only 5 years old, not an adult. And as a family, they can easily forgive your mistake."

"Really?"

"Yes! Of course, because they are your family."

"I can be forgiven...?"

"But that doesn't mean you can repeat the same mistake."

"..."

"Improve yourself too. So you can protect everyone without running away."

"I see."

After a moment of silence, the door behind me was slowly pushed open. I peek over the crack and see a pair of eyes inside there. Higita hurriously asks in a loud voice.

"You are a girlllll????"

"Yes?"

His face turns bright red as he closes the door with insane speed. He fumbles on his words as he shouts out loud.

"I don't play with girls! Go away!"

"..."

Why does it return to the starting line again...I give up and move to the living room. It wasn't until Sio returned that I was able to have a pleasant time with her.

Before returning to the car, I can see Higita standing with his family and waving at us. For some reason, Sio glares at Higita intensely.

"At least, I know I succeeded in convincing Higita to get out of the room."

I hope he will continue growing. And one day, he will become the protagonist I admired.

 

 

Hey, everyone. It's me the author! ♡⸜(˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝

I know it has been a long time since the last update ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و 

Due to many IRL's reasons make me ceasing the regular update of the story. I'm so sorry for this, everyone.

From now on, I hope that I can still release a chapter weakly.

Furthermore, please don't worry about MC's romance with Higita. They would remain as brozone at least. However, I wouldn't let him remain single until the end of the story ahahaha.

    /ᐢ⑅ᐢ\ ♡ ₊˚
꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ ♡‧₊˚ ♡    <Thanks for reading>
./づ~ :¨·.·¨: ₊˚
`·..·‘ ₊˚ ♡

And don't forget to leave some hearts if you like the story. Those hearts can motivate this lazy author to work harder (≧ヮ≦) 💕

#7298086

The primary arc is going to start soon and here is our cutie figure for this arc.

49