Chapter 17
305 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Name: Jacob Shiff|

|Race: Human|

|Level: 18|

|HP: 1170/1170|

|MP: 1860/1860|

|STR: 99|

|VIT: 117|

|DEX: 101|

|INT: 131|

|WIS: 186|

|SP: 90|

I can see my stats grow in the past two days. Jeane is a great teacher. She is stern but also kind. She knows when to stop and knows when I need a little push. Under her tutelage, I get a new skill.

|Mana Flow| |Active/Passive| |Level: 67|

|Gem Magic| |Active/Passive| |Level: 32|

|A magic branch that needs a precious stone to cast. This branch of magic requires the caster to guide the mana around him and filter it before placing it inside a gem.|

This magic lets me cast many kinds of spells. Sadly, the system did not list all of my spells and decided to combine them into a single skill.

All of them are divided by where the mana comes from. Fire Rune is usually used to gather mana for my main attacking spells like Fireball, Homing Fire, and Lava Rush.

Fireball is the first spell Jeane taught me. It was a simple fireball spell, like in the D&D game. I use the mana from Fire Rune to shape a massive ball made of fire and let it fly toward the enemy. When the fireball hits its target, it explodes.

Homing Fire is my original spell. I create five spears made of fire that will continue chasing my enemy. When my attack hits its target, the fire will expand and heat up to a high degree. This fire can even melt stone. The only downside of this attack is that I require large mana from Fire Rune. I need a long preparation before using this spell as a spam spell.

Lava Rush is the third spell Jeane taught me. This spell is somewhat complex because it requires me to simultaneously combine two kinds of mana. I need mana from Fire Rune and Earth Rune to create this, and the end result is a wave of lava washing over all the enemy in front of it.

The other thing Jeane taught me is to support spells using Water Rune. The second spell she taught me is a healing spell called Healing Hand. I gather the mana from my gem into my hand and heal anyone I touch.

The other one is how to summon drinking water. Every water that gets summoned by spell work will not last a few minutes in the real world. Jeane says it was because every attack spell has only one purpose: to attack someone.

On the other hand, Conjuration aims to make the item you want to make permanent and stay in this world indefinitely.

Jeane says that only water can be conjured while food cannot. She says something about Food having a more complex existence than water. I guess I can understand that. Water is relatively simple, while food is a combination of many kinds of things if we go by the chemicals and biology of the object.

From what Jeane said, the only thing that can summon a large amount of water and let it stay in the real world is Flowing Rune and True Water Rune.

I really want to learn from her a little bit longer, but sadly, the elimination stage is getting closer and closer. That is why I walk toward my teacher, who is sipping some tea.

"Ah, Jacob! What can I do for you?"

"I came to inform you about something, teacher."

"Oh?~ What is it?"

"I need to get out for a few days. I need to do something."

"Hmmm~ You want to join the elimination stage, right?~ The one for the Sacred Games?"

"You know?"

I'm not really surprised if she knows to be honest. In the game, she is some sort of person that knows something that not many people know.

"Fufufufu~ The news of a young man training every day in the barrack has already spread, you know? Because of you, some contestants know about the elimination stage and also start to train."

"Really?"

"Yup~ You will have a difficult opponent ahead of you, Jacob. However, I know you will win this stage because ...."

She looked at the massive tusk sitting in the front yard. Oh yeah. I kill the 'boss' around this area, and Jeane harvests its tusk. It was a giant Golden Boar that could breathe fire. It was not a really tough boss to beat but rather annoying. It has massive defense and HP. It can take enormous damage as if it was nothing.

However, the boss is slow, very slow.

It was an easy target for me. That boss becomes a life target for my spell training.

"Fair enough. Anyway, I need to get going. The fight starts tomorrow."

"Of course~ I suggest you go immediately to the palace and show your tournament card. They will prepare some room for you. However, you need to be quick; they only give them to a few first people who come."

"I will. Thank you for everything."

"Hmmm?~ Why are you thanking me? Your study has yet to end. We still have a week or so before you grasp the basics."

"Ah! I thought that I would stop studying with you."

"Fufufufu, I'm not easy enough to get rid of. Anyway, you should get going. You should arrive in Sol-Falena before lunch starts."

"Yes. Please excuse me."

I smile at her and walk out of the house. This will be the first stage of the main quest. I need to win this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Jacob's Skills|

|Water Rune| |Level: 78|

{Passive: Control water around you. The higher the level, the more water you can control.}

{Active: Every spell does not use mana and is more powerful the higher the level.}

[spell]

{Kindness Drops: Fully heal yourself or one ally (and cure status abnormalities) (Cannot generate lost limbs.} {Can be used six times per day cycle}

{Ice Spike: Generate five ice spikes and throw them at the enemy. {Can be used four times per day cycle}

{Kindness Rain: Make a rain that heals you and your ally in a three-hundred radius. (Can be used two times per day cycle)}

|Lightning Rune| |Level: 52|

{Passive: Generate lightning at will. The higher the level, the more powerful the lightning you generate}

{Active: Every spell does not use mana and is more powerful the higher the level.}

[Spell]

{Thunder Runner: Summon a beam made of lightning from the tip of your finger} {Can be used six times per day cycle}

{Berserk Blow: A powerful lightning bolt appeared from above and struck your enemy} {Can be used four times per day cycle}

{Soaring Blow: Fire a ball of lightning that attacks all of your enemies within fifty meters radius.} {Can be used two times per day cycle}

|Swordsmanship (Novice)| |Passive| |Level: 21| (AN* Beginner -> Novice -> Intermediate -> Advanced -> Master -> Grandmaster -> Legendary)

|Poison Resistance| |Passive| |Level: 15|

|Trap Dismantler| |Passive| |Level: 41|

|Pain Resistance| |Passive| |Level: 21|

|Star Rune| |Level: 1|

9