Chapter 53
143 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stormfist is different from Sol-Falena. If Sol-Falena is calm and warm, Stormfist is cold and chaotic. The cold is coming from the northern wind of the southern continent, where there is a lot of ice.

As for the chaotic part, it was because of the location of Stormfist. Stormfist is a former capital of Queendom of Falena before Sol-Falena finished being built. While it lost its status as the capital city, many people still lived there and opened businesses inside the city.

Many famous traders stay there and create a base inside of it. They create a network between Stormfist and Hershville Naval Base. Hershville will be the one receiving the goods, and the goods will be sent to Stormfist, where the goods will be spread around the Queendom.

Because of this, the Hershville Naval Base is not a trade city but a transportation city where the goods will be transported to Stormfist, where the actual trading city is located.

This is the reason why there is a lot of corruption in that place. Many workers in Hershville would often siphon off goods to make profits of their own, even to sworn enemies of the House of Godwin.

I shake my head and walk toward the inner part of the city. Stormfist is just like Sol-Falena; it was built on top of the river of Feitas. It has two parts, the outer part, and the inner part. The outer part is where the merchant and the commoner are. The inner part is where the noble and military officers and facilities stay.

This is also where the barrack is located and where I stayed before the Sacred Games. When I arrive in front of a massive building, I walk toward the guard in the front.

"What do you want?"

I take out my card and give it to him. He looked at it for a few seconds before nodding his head.

"You are here a day earlier. However, it should not be a problem. Wait here."

I see the guard get inside the barrack, and after a couple of minutes, he comes back with another card and a key in his hand.

"This is your participant card. There is a number on the card, that will be your fighting number. Keep it and give it to the guard near the entrance to the arena when your fight is about to start. Your room is on the third floor, number one. It was at the end of the floor."

"Right."

I look at the card and see number one on it. Does that mean I fight first? Hmmm, that is interesting.

"Can I explore the city?"

"Of course, why not?"

"I just thought that as long as I'm in the barrack, I cannot get out."

"You are not a soldier of Stormfist, lad. You did not have as strict a rule as us. However, I need to tell you that the barrack will be closed at eight and if you did not come back by then, you need to search for other accommodation."

"I see. Can I use the training ground?"

"From 10 AM to 6 PM. Don't destroy too much of the training dummy. Repairing them is not really hard but too many of them is time consuming."

I nod my head and say.

"Will do. Thanks."

"You're welcome."

I walk inside the barrack and go inside my room. The room is bland. The wall is colored white, and there are only tables and chairs beside the bed. I sit on the bed, and to my surprise, it is fluffy and bouncy.

I lay on the bed and looked at the ceiling.

"Hmmm. What should I do? Can I ask for a sparring partner with the other soldier?"

That will be a good experience. There is nothing wrong with asking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Gizel Godwin, the heir of the Godwin Noble Family and one of the most desirable bachelors in the entire Queendom. Other than his powerful position as the heir of the most powerful noble house in the Queendom, he also has a handsome face and a personality that makes many women swoon.

Walking beside him is his servant and steward called Dolph. Dolph is a handsome young man with brown hair and a calm personality. He carried himself as a perfect butler that many noblemen envy to have.

However, what many did not know is that Dolph is a member of the Nether Gate organization. It was an organization that was involved in Assassination. The Queen has disbanded this order recently, and many of its members have been killed in the purge.

Sadly, some of their members survive the purge, and one of them is Dolph.

Currently, they are walking toward the barrack for their weekly inspection of the troops. However, when they arrive at the training ground, they meet with an interesting sight.

"Oho. Who is that?"

Dolph looks at the training ground and sees a man fighting five troops at once. He moves like someone is dancing to a certain rhythm and strikes like thunder. This man is Jacob, who asks the captain of the barrack for a sparring partner and fights against five enemies at once.

"That man is Jacob Shiff, he is the participant in the Sacred Games. He is a sword user and one of the few candidates that Commander Ferid likes."

"I see. One out of ten, how dangerous he is to our plan?"

"... Three. He cannot get to the semi-final of the fight."

Gizel nods his head and looks at the fight. He trusts Dolph and his assessment. His instinct tells him that Jacob will become a large boulder in his path, but when Dolph says that, he knows that his feeling is false.

He watches the fight for a few minutes and sees Jacob defeat all of his opponents.

"Impressive. Is your score still the same?"

"Yes. Jacob will not become a problem with your plan. Should I prepare some drugs to make sure he is out of the picture?"

"No. If commander Ferid liked him, his disappearance would raise suspicion and the people he looked at first were us. No. We will not take him out of the picture. As long as he is not going to the final, we are good."

As Gizel and Dolph walk away from the training ground, they do not see Jacob looking at them with a frown on his face.

7