Chapter-12
493 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After two months, the test for the tournament has begun, and the second week of it is the turn of class 22. Those students who had given the test before have to sign NCD documents to make sure that the students that would take the exam later would not know the test's content. Class 22 was the last class to give this test, and today is the turn of class 22, which Shen Li in since he enrolled when it was three months into the semester.

It has been two months since the Special class started, and Shen Li's points were among the highest among the students. The professors had said that today would be practical in the laboratory hall, where all 100 students of their class-22 were waiting.

"Students, today's test would be making a simple headache reliever and combining it with the healing potion."

"I am sure the concepts of making these medicines, and the concepts of combining the medicines have already been taught in your classroom."

"Success for healing potions would be 35 points, and headache reliever would be 30 points. Total points of 100 points would be given in this practice test for those who could successfully combine these medicines."

"Do your best and do not rush and make the wrong decision. We wish you all good luck."

The students know that 100 points would be impossible since they have never made these medicines before, and it is even harder to combine the medicines. Before, the small tests or answering the correct answers in the classroom have given them 1 point or 2 points. So, everyone understands how hard this test is going to be.

Students were fine before hearing the content of the tests but their complexion turned pale after hearing it. Shen Li looked around and sure enough, many students started panicking. The ability to keep calm and the ability to work is one of the requirements for pharmacists. He saw that the professors had a tablet in their hands and tapped on it occasionally like it was nothing important. Shen Li can guess that they were actually noting down those who kept their calm and those who did not. Being able to calm down in a dire situation is an essential mentality of the pharmacist.

"Alright, the ingredients for the medicine are in the box in front of you. You have two hours and a half to make the medicine."

"It will start in 5 minutes, so everyone now takes their place."

"Shen Li, Do you remember how to make these medicines? Moreover, combining them? I don't think I could do this." Astrid was panicking as well. In fact, like Astrid, many people had not reviewed since they were taught only yesterday.

"It's ok. Take a deep breath. Just remember to calm down and start steadily, don't rush to finish."

The laboratory hall was the biggest hall in the pharmacist department and had spaces with long laboratory tables for almost 200 students, who could carry out the practical test with ease. After everyone had taken their own space, the wall rose from the four sides of the table. These walls make sure to enclose the students in their workspace, ensuring privacy so as not to disturb the students and to make sure students can't cheat by watching how others made the medicine.

Shen Li saw the box in front of him, where the materials needed for this medicine were stored. He checked the box and had to sigh at the wickedness of the professors. This box indeed contained the materials for the medicine, but there were also a lot of other unnecessary materials, and the amount of the materials given was different from each other.

Some of these materials look alike very much, it is hard to distinguish between some of them if they didn't pay close attention. You also have to pay attention to how much you use each material. If you used too much of the materials that were given in bulk, then there would be the problem that the other materials needed in later parts are not in that much quantity. Moreover, one of the materials needed for the medicines to be combined, the herb 'the Heart of the Forge' was not there. Instead, another material that can be easily mistaken for the Heart of the Forge was there.

Shen Li searched for the alternative and found 'the Siren' leaves instead. If you use Siren leaves instead of the Heart of the Forge, you would need to use a higher ratio of ' Thousand petals flower' in the healing potions since it reacts faster with Siren leaves so the product obtained was not as much as using the Heart of the Forge.

It could lead to an imbalance in the medicine and the medicine would fail. But these facts have not been taught yet in the classroom, so this is testing not only your attention in the classroom but also the outside knowledge. Sure enough, this medicine was full of tricks and traps.No wonder the professors give this test 100 points. It seems that many students would not be able to combine medicine successfully.

"Interesting, Bring it on." Shen Li smirked, he liked this challenge and saw it as a chance to win more points than others.

On the platform in front of the classroom, the five professors of the pharmacist department were sitting in their respective chairs and watching the videos of the students in their laboratory space. What students did not know was that there are small cameras in their laboratory space where the professors were watching them from.

The professors knew very well that most of the students would not get high points let alone the full points. This test was not only about their knowledge, precisely, of the students but also about their attention and mental stability in a dire situation. They want to see which students would stay calm and collected when they discovered that not all the materials were there, would they be able to distinguish between the similar herbs when they were not labeled, and which students would be able to accomplish the medicine to which degree. And additional points would be given based on their mentality as well.

They saw that most students were in a hurry and used the wrong herbs or had a nervous breakdown after realizing that they could not distinguish between the right and wrong herbs. Some choose to give up early and leave the test. When they push the button on the right side of the wall, it means either that they have finished early or means that they give up. In just the first one hour, almost 30 students gave up and in one and a half hours there were only 46 students left in the test.

Among the 46 students left, 37 the students were able to make the headache reliever medicine correctly but could not make the healing potions either because of the wrong ratio or because of using the wrong materials and ending up failing. Only seven students were left in the test and continued to carry out their experiment. The students who came out already also watch the videos being projected in front of the room as well. While watching the students, the professors were discussing among them.

"Do you think these kids would succeed in these experiments?"

"Can't be sure. We will have to watch till the end."

"Which one do you think will succeed? I think there were only about 90 students who succeeded in making both these medicines and no one was able to complete it until the end."

"Any students that catch your eyes?"

"The girl in the fourth roll and the boy in the second roll, but they had used the Thousand petals flower in the wrong ratio. So, they would not be able to combine the medicine. You?"

"Ahm, I have been watching that boy in the eighth roll. He seems calm and has chosen the right ratio of the Thousand petals flower."

"Oh! quite a talented boy. Let's see what he would do when there is no Heart of the Forge in the material given. Would he give up or try to combine it in another way?"

Among the seven students left, four students gave up after realizing that there is no Heart of the Forge for them to combine the medicine. Shen Li among the three left used the Siren leaves as a catalyst and was able to combine the medicine successfully. When Shen Li pressed the button on the wall, it was only 13 minutes before the ending time.

Shen Li looked around and saw that only one boy was left in the test and he also used the Siren leaves. The boy is kinda popular since he is the guide and a talented student. Guides and Sentinels are held very high in the backward planet like Alkelince. Even then the boy was never arrogant and had a nice personality. If Shen Li remembers correctly, the boy's name was Kim Kiyoung.

He and Kim Kiyoung were told to put their potion in the tester machine by the professors like other students did when they came out. They put their potions based on their laboratory space number and in just one minute the results come out.

Eight rolls, no 5 Shen Li - 100 points.

Tenth roll, no 3 Kim Kiyoung - 73 points

Eight roll, no4 Astrid - 65 points.

Shen Li was surprised that Kim Kiyoung's medicine failed. It seems that he had used the wrong ratio of the Thousand petals flower. Shen Li was in first place with 100 points and Kim Kiyoung was in second place with 73 points. It seems that Astrid got a seventh-place with 65 marks.

Shen Li tears his sight away from the list and turns to where the feeling of bright eyes was coming from. His eyes meet the shining eyes of the professors and it made him confused for a while but he managed to conclude that there have not been 100 points until now. He thought there might be some students that got 100 points, but it was not.

It was spread on the school forums very quickly that one student managed to get 100 points in the exam. Shen Li, who had been keeping a low profile would become a celebrity in the pharmacist department. He did not like it but it was the start of Shen Li's popularity which would lead him to be the citizens' favorite melon seed on Star Net in the future. Right now, Shen Li knew none of it and was heading for his house with many thoughts running in his head.

14