Chapter-25
428 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter-25

The glaring heat bearing down on the rare guest in the desert where the heat is enough for you to fire an egg. The said guests are resting inside the special capsule tents after hours of battling the zergs and monsters residing on the planet. Sweats ran down from their face to the neck and soaked the ' Special Desert Clothes' they were wearing.

"Thanks for the hard work today as well everyone. We just need a little more to go and we will finish this mission." The captain of the 'Dawn' team and the double ability wielder of fire and wind said to his team.

"A little you say, Captain? That means at least 6 hours in normal words." The tracker and mechanic with earth ability wielder of the team said with a deadpan face though there was no heat in his words.

"Yeah, Captain, we are not going to fall for that anymore. You fool us a lot with that 'little' of yours many times when we first join." The Defense and metal ability wielder and the vice-captain of the team said with a smile.

"At least you are on my side right, Fox?" The Captain turns to their youngest and water ability wielder on the team.

"Sorry captain. You also fool me when I first join so I am with the vice-captain on this one." Fox, Shen Li's nickname in the guild, replied to the Captain without mercy, and at this everyone laughed and the Captain made a kick puppy face at this. The ability of the Captain who can make a puppy-like face with that tall build of 6 feet 4 inches and bulky muscles is always a mystery to Shen Li.

Yes, this is the 'Dawn' team that Shen Li joined months ago and he has to say he likes this team. The team only includes 8 members, the Captain, the Vice-Captain, the tracker, the medic, Fox, and three mecha drivers. Including Shen Li, there are four mecha drivers in the team but the other three are not double mecha drivers and ability wielders like Shen Li.

Shen Li wore a black shirt and a jacket with black with red stripes at the corners and back. The black trousers and black and white sneakers. There is a half-face mask covering the lower half of his face and dyes brown hair and blue eyes contact lens. This appearance is known by the guild members as the Fox. Shen Li honestly did not know why he chose this name, it just came to him suddenly and before he knew it he had already filled the 'Fox' in the name box.

Shen Li learns a lot of skills from the senior members of the team and his mecha driving skills become more and more proficient.

"Now, now everyone, let's go. The sooner we finish our mission, the sooner we can go home." Everyone got up after the special capsule tent was dismantled, wanting to finish the mission quickly and get away from this hellish heat. Their mission this time is to eliminate the middle grade and few high-level zergs groups that have gathered in numbers on the planet J-6's desert.

Before their numbers become dangerously high they have to clean them so the resources from the desert can be taken. 87% of the area of the planet J-6 is desert which has the material called 'B.D" and it is a very useful material for making cannon for the mechas. After this mission there is no more mission left for the rest of the week and Shen Li can focus on training and making new potions.

The attack was going well until it seemed like all the zergs in the surrounding 1000-meter radius started to surround the team. The team feels something fishy since that many middle-grade zergs did not tend to gather and stay in the group of mostly 30-50 zergs. The battle was intense and everyone was on high alert, the atmosphere was tense. After fighting for seemingly 2 hours, the numbers of zergs did not seem to decrease but became more and more.

Shen Li scans the zergs' attack pattern and realizes something. They seem to be attacking in coordinated patterns and their attacks were restless. It seems as if someone was giving the command and controlling the zergs.

"Captain, We need to call backup now!" Fox shouted while slicing zergs in two with his sword and water blades.

"Don't worry kid, we can take care of it." The Captain thought that even if it was a rare occurrence, sometimes zergs tend to attack in groups.

"Yeah, don't worry fox. Sometimes things like this happen." The mecha driver 1 said as well.

"This is not a normal occurrence. A commander is controlling the zergs. Their attack patterns are very coordinated" Fox shouted again and this time the team members' faces change. They realized that what Fox said was true. Unlike the times they get unlucky and get attacked by the zerg herds.

"Shit, Retreat! Retreat! Open the emergency shield!" Captain shouted hurriedly. If what Fox said was correct then they are in big trouble. Since the information given by this mission show that there are only mid and low-level zergs, also take the facts that they did not encounter even a single high-level zerg these two days there were on this planet, they never thought that there would be a Commander level zerg might be here.

The mechanic opened the shield and a one-way transparent shield barrier surrounded the team.

"Send the emergency signal immediately. Because the guild's signal won't work, they have to use the military emergency call signal. " the Captain ordered once the shield was active.

"Captain, it could at least take 12 to 30 hours for help to arrive. The shield won't last long." The mechanic calculates the time the shield could last and it was a maximum of 4 hours.

"We would take a rest for half an hour and get out to fight. We would fight for 4 hours and then rest for 1 hour. We would go with this routine. Make sure to preserve your strength as much as you can without bringing harm to the team." The atmosphere was tense but everyone's will to survive was burning inside.

After resting for half an hour, the team went out to fight against the herds of the zergs again. The battle continued for 12 hours and they rested in between to make sure they did not drop with exhaustion. During the 12 hours, Shen Li takes out his Mecha ( the one he bought, not the one given by the guild) to fight, the Captain and the Mechanic are wearing special battle suits and the vice-captain was covering her body with her metal ability.

Around 13 hours a problem arose. Among the 8 members of the team, the Captain, the Vice-Captain, and two of the mecha drivers are sentinels. Fighting zergs for hours long and because of the strong energy of the commander-level zerg, the spiritual sea of these people was affected. If this continues, they would be in great danger. The captain was wrecking his brain in order to search for a solution when a hands holding potions entered his vision.

"Thi- This?" the captain looks at Fox who was holding the vitals in his hand.

"These are smoothing potions. Captain and others should take one. It would be best if you drink it inside the shield since these are from 'Healer'." The captain wanted to ask Fox where did these potions appear from but stopped himself since this is Fox's business and he should not ask. Instead, he gave the order to retreat and gave every Sentinels one potion to drink.

After resting, the battle continued on. Everyone was doing their best to support each other's back. Shen Li changes between using his ability and using mecha. After 16 hours of fighting, everyone was exhausted and there were some minor injuries and buries on their bodies. At 18 hours, everyone was struggling to stay on their two feet. Finally at 20 and a half-hour help from the military arrived.

The soldiers took over cleaning the zergs and the team members were taken to the medic room to heal from their injuries. They heard the news that the one controlling the zergs was a general rank zerg. They were very lucky to notice that early and send the signal for help. Before returning to their guild, the Leader of the military army wanted to question them so they were escorted to the meeting room.

The first thing Shen Li and the team saw was the Blond hair and blue eyes General of the Empire. It seems that the one who received the signal and came to the rescue was the sixth army of General Connor. The cold blue eyes meet the disguised blue eyes of Shen Li.

18