Chapter-33
539 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter-33
After Hades and Shen Mary did not find anyone else around their house or heard any news of the child is lost. The child had a big fever and after he woke up, he did not remember anything, so they decided to adopt the kid. The letter "Yue" was sewn on his clothes, so they named him Shen Yue.

Shen Yue and Shen Li grew up together, the brothers were very close and they always have each other's back. Shen Yue had a quiet but kind personality and Shen Li was an energetic and snarky personality. Yet, they get along very well. Shen Li tends to pull his younger brother together to cause mischief or to sneak out and even though Shen Yue complains, he always goes with his older brother.

Mary was a physical type ability user and Shen Li inherited her ability. She was a strong and stern woman. She will wake up the children early in the morning and give them self-defense and martial arts lessons. She taught them how to use almost every weapon and have them train their body. Shen Yue did not have the talent in that aspect as much as Shen Li.

When Shen Yue was about seven years old, he went into Hade's laboratory and that was his first contact with the pharmacy. It turns out that Hades was a great pharmacist, especially in making potions and medicine. Shen Yue was interested in the way Hades made medicine that he went there almost every day to watch and Hades did not mind it either.
After weeks like that, one day Hades called up Shen Yue to come and sit next to him and start explaining to Shen Yue. Hades did it because he thought A-Yue might be bored and it might be a help to Shen Yue in the future. Hades was surprised when he saw how quickly Shen Yue picked up the skills and realized that he had a talent in Pharmacy.

So, Hades started teaching him seriously and Shen Yue was able to learn a lot from him. They have tried to teach Shen Li pharmacy before but he did not have any talent in it or interest in it. So, Hades was very happy to have someone to pass his skills on. The family of four was peaceful and warm.

Though Shen Yue called Hades and Mary, Uncle and Aunt instead of Mom and Dad since they never hide the truth from the A-Yue. They did not know if the parents of the A-Yue were still out there, so they did not try to take their place even though they loved him like their own son. Shen Yue also loved Hades and Mary and his biggest regret was that he did not call them Mom and Dad before it was too late.

Mary and Hades were worried when he awakened his powers. Shen Li also awakens the physical type ability just like Mary. For both children to adapt to their abilities, they taught them how to control their powers and also how to hide their energy signature.

When Shen Li turned 14 years old, he was allowed to go out of the safe zone to hunt zombies. Even though the family was protective of Shen Yue, they allowed him to go out hunting when turn 14 as well.

They were worried that someone would take advantage of him because Shen Yue was born a genius but he did not seem to realize it himself thinking that his abilities and talents were normal. In fact, Shen Yue grows up under Mary, a strong ability user, and Hades, a talented pharmacist.

Shen Li and Shen Yue tend to go out hunting together and one day they encounter a group of hunters surrounded by zombies. Even though a vaccine had been invented, if the wound is serious, you could die. They ended up saving the group of hunters by alluring the zombie with sounds to a pit they dug before and burning them.

Through them, Shen Li and Shen Yue came to connect with a city nearby. They become friends with the hunters there but they never disclose where they live or about their private life like being taught by Hades and Mary.
In fact, they know that something was up since they were young when they saw that Mary and Hades never make contact with the hunter from the city. Or the fact that Mary, a hunter, and Hades, a pharmacist are living in the mountain quietly.

After being acquainted with hunters from the city for almost two years, they let their guard down a little that they did not notice that a man was following them secretly and saw Hades and Mary in their home. The man was a stealth ability user and he is from some shabby base that was visiting this city he suspected that one of the brothers was a wood ability user after seeing that after being wounded they returned fine the next day.

It turns out that Hades was a genius pharmacist that was called Pharmacist of the year and Mary was a general of the army. Hades faces the danger of being kidnapped almost every day by different bases and he was kept under strong surveillance in the army. One day, in one hour, when the power went out suddenly, both Mary and Hades disappeared and they remain in hiding until today.

If they capture Hades and turn Mary to the army for being a traitor and if it was true that one of the brothers is a wood ability user, then their base will become powerful enough to negotiate with large bases. Because of this greed, the base leader leads the most powerful hunters in the base to capture them in the dead of the night.

Hades and Mary fought back with their all while telling the children to run. Shen Li and Shen Yue run to the forest behind their house and some of the hunters chase them. While running, one of the hunters shot bullets embedded with energy and one of the bullets ended up hitting Shen Li.

After being hit in the stomach, Shen Li told Shen Yue to run while he stalled the hunters. Shen Li said that at least one of them should survive and his injury is so serious that Shen Yue cannot heal it. Shen Yue refused to leave his brother and said they will fight together but Shen Li hit him in the neck and hid him. The last words Shen Yue heard before he became unconscious was Shen Li saying that ". A-Yue, know that we love you and always want the best for you. We will always be watching you from somewhere, So, YOU HAVE TO SURVIVE".

By the time Shen Yue woke up, the sky was already noon. He searched around the mountain for a whole afternoon and finally found them. He did not care for the dead bodies of the hunter by the bodies of Mary and Hades and Shen Li. Shen Yue felt that the world had lost its color and the only color he saw was the red staining their body.

Shen Yue sat there crying until the sun began to raise again. He dug their favorite picnic spot in the mountain and buried their bodies. After making their graves, Shen Yue sat there for who knows how long, memories they spent together replaying again and again in his mind before he decided to get up and head to the house.

Now that people have discovered this place, he could no longer stay there. Shen Yue tried to put the whole house into his space and ended up coughing blood because it was too much for him. Even then he tried again and again until he succeeded because this house was the only thing left of his family and he did not want to lose it as well.

Shen Yue arrived in another town away from where they lived and decided to settle there. When he went to register, the woman asked him what his name was and he answered " Shen Li".
Shen Yue did not have the will to live but Shen Li's last words kept ringing in his mind. He feels that if he hears others calling him by his brother's name, he will always be reminded of his words that he needs to keep living. So, until the day, he has enough will to live without needing to remind himself of his brother's wish, until then he will be Shen Li.

Small theater: The general kidnaps the pharmacist.

A young Shen Yue was sitting on the kitchen counter, listening to Mary telling the story of a general who fell in love with the pharmacist at first sight.
"
The general saw how the pharmacist was helping the wounded soldiers with kindness and for the first time in their life, fell in love. The general began to pursue the pharmacist intensely. Not a day goes by without the pharmacist receiving a gift or general arriving to meet the pharmacist. The pharmacist refused at first but the pharmacist began to fall for the general after seeing the general sincerity. But the pharmacist can not accept the love of the general because of the situation the pharmacist was in. The general and the pharmacist love each other but they can't be together because of the circumstances. So, one day, the general suddenly kidnaps the pharmacist and runs away to a faraway place. There, the general and the pharmacist live their life in peace.
"

After ending the story, Mary added this sentence "That is Your uncle and mine love story." Shen Yue nodded his small head but halfway through it he suddenly stops. He turn to look at Hades, who was sitting nearby reading the book, and then turn again to look at Mary. He did it almost three times and his face was quite awkward.

That because throughout the story, he have been imagined the general as a strong man and the pharmacist as a beautiful woman. It turns out it was strong women and pretty men instead. Looking at his face Mary burst out laughing and Hades shook his head with a smile from where he was sitting. It was Mary's intention to tease the child from the beginning and that is why she did not explain the genders of the general and pharmacist nor explain that it was their story, leaving it for the last. After that day, Shen Yue never assumed something without knowing the full story.

11