The Hunt
32 7 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They were all filming me fighting the bully known as Kyle Cash. Amya looked at my face and I saw a startled expression on her face. "Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" I asked acting as if I hadn't beat the shit out of a kid who was 2 years older than me and twice my size. I look at Amya again and notice she is rummaging through her bag. She pulled out a blue mirror and handed it to me. I looked in the mirror and saw a guy who looked very much like me except for the fact that his irises looked like they were moving, or at least the color did, and they were a mixture of red, orange, and yellow. I looked at the guy's hair and I saw that it is red but the red was slowly fading to yellow. I got a growing suspension when I looked at the guy's face. "Amya, is that me?" I asked worriedly while I gave Amya the mirror back and she nods. I felt something in my head and I looked at my hair. It was white! Not see-through, but just white. I tried to breathe and in a few seconds, I felt way better. Then I looked around at the people that recorded me fighting Kyle.

I looked at Amya and she looked like she understood my signals. We darted to our bikes and biked toward the gate that was our escape route. The mob tried to surround us, but it seems they are ignorant of my and Amya's biking skills. It felt a bit too easy to escape the mob and that feeling crept up my mind. The feeling was right because as soon as I got to my house(it's about a mile away from the park) I saw the Government official again. I held my hands up and a flame raised from my palms. I felt powerful and I closed my hand to form a fist. Then I raised my fist to punch him but how calm he was stopped me. As I pondered why he was so calm I looked around and The rude brown-haired kid from school(Not the beat-up guy, the one I bumped into earlier that day).

As soon as we lock eyes I put two and two together. I looked at the man in the suit and said, "He works for you, doesn't he?" "Yes and no. he works for me of his own free will, yes but he is proving to be an unreliable asset. Call me Commander Ford and that is Brent Johnson." This is what the guy in the suit said as the jerk with green eyes came closer. My fist went white while the fire swelled around it and I raised it to punch the government guy in the face but a rock appeared in front of my fist so instead of smashing the guy's face I smashed a rock the pieces went flying and one almost hit my window. I looked in the direction the rock appeared and saw Brent with his hand forward in an intervening throw position.

What is going on I thought as I realized that Brent could either control dirt and rocks or he has psychokinesis(moving stuff with his mind). "Amya get inside. You aren't safe out here." I said in a commanding tone which I am not proud of. "But you promised me you wouldn't leave me," Amya said with what I guessed was pain. "I'll make out of this fight alive. Trust me, just go!" After I finish that sentence she looked into my eyes and then she ran inside. As I turned around I felt something hit my face and I went flying. I open my eyes again and I see Brent and Ford with wide smirks on their faces. I get up from the floor and see that Brent has a bunch of rocks surrounding his fist."I should've killed you when I had the chance." Brent and I said at the same time.

"So, you've met Brent. This is interesting. That explains why you got your gift awakened earlier today." Ford stated with an evil grin and I looked at him wondering why my meeting of Shithead over there was connected to the sudden power. "What do you mean?" I asked wondering if he was implying that I connected to Asshole over there. "Well, if I remember right the three requirements of the fire being awoken are age 15 or above, Contact with one of the Gifted even if the power of the other has not awoken, and burning rage. You met all those requirements in one day. Good job." Ford said in a sarcastic voice. "That doesn't explain the fact that I have met him twice yet his presence felt different and it feels different right now from earlier. The first time it felt normal, the second it felt like a caged beast, and now it feels like you could melt the whole earth if pushed."

"Wait are you that pizza guy on 5th?" I asked, "because I am pretty sure we hadn't met before I bumped into you at James high school unless you're the pizza guy on 5th." "Listen kid either we do this the easy way or the hard way. The easy way is for you to surrender and come back with us." " I don't care what you have to say, you 2-pint military bullshit hitman," I said with a determined face. "HE'S MINE" Brent yelled while throwing rocks at me without touching them (geokinesis). I dodged the rocks but in doing so I left my house open to attack. "NOOOO!" I yelled but before I know it, the rocks bounced off a water-made force field that surrounded the house. Brent didn't seem to notice so I threw a red fireball at him.

While Brent's clothes were burning, I went inside the house to check on Amya. I saw my family walk toward me but they stopped two feet away. "What happened to you, Kai?" My pale brown-eyed, brown-haired mom asked with concern. "No time for that now. Amya, how long can you keep doing what you're doing?" I asked paying attention to her. "I have no idea how I'm doing this but all I know is that one of them is hitting it with rocks in the front and one with fists in the back. It's getting weaker by the second." Amya said. "Son, I think they are after you. You need to leave, now." I heard a crash and looked at Amya who was on the ground. I looked around me and saw that the mystical water barrier was down. I ran towards the door and grabbed Amya(for a 15-year-old she was light!). I put her on my shoulder and ran out the door. Like idiots, Ford and Brent followed.

I ran for my favorite place in Arlington, the library. Though I hadn't been there in a year I still remembered the exact route. The reason I stopped going was that a man I now know as Ford was stalking me so I made him think he knew my pattern. I headed down Rockdale DR to the library. After what my red and green phone (got it on my 13th Christmas) said was nine minutes, I stopped at the library. I got off my bike and ran into the library. "Kai, please slow down." "Sorry Ms.Neal but I'm in a hurry to hide." She walked over to a shelf, pulled on a blank book and the shelf lowered to show a steel compartment. "How long?" asked Ms.Neal.

0