Chapter 3: Tears of Joy
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Helmon, a demon who possessed a child's body, was filled with elation as walking above hell is like walking on nine clouds. Fresh air feels refreshing that making him intoxicated, especially seeing the neat and beautiful scenery. Although Helmon is deprived of his capability of being a great demon in exchange for possession, he didn't regret it that much as being a human was the luckiest thing for a demon to experience. And in addition to that.. he possesses such a beautiful kid with a good background.

As the kid... Helmon, walk out of the Forbidden Land.. the two guards who was now sweating a lot, finally let out a sigh of relief.. since the kid has gone inside for almost an hour. Helmon, despite possessing the body and wielding a tremendous amount of magic before.. was actually cut off the power to collect or gain the memories of the kid he possessed, making it quite complicated for him to live as the kid. But despite that hurdle.. it wasn't enough to destroy Helmon's mood.

"Hey, Kid! Why did you take so long?! And where's the ball you want to pick?" the guard said worriedly... as he looks at the kid. Something strange suddenly filled him as he sense something was amiss with the child.

"Eh? I.. I supposed to pick a ball?" Helmon.. having that beautiful face.. acting confused.. kinda piercing the heart of the two guards.

"Well.. it's fine if you forget it. Just go home already. Your parents might be worried about you." 

"Parents?" Helmon densely asked.. confusing the two guards.

"Eh? You.. don't have any parents?" a guard asked... feeling guilty for opening such a topic. Helmon doesn't want to have a misunderstanding furthermore, so even if he didn't know.. he answered, "Uhm.. no. I... I have my parents. Well, It's pretty late already.. so I'm gonna go back home now."

"Well... goodbye." The two guards can't help but admire the kid as Helmon casually gave a smile that is capable of shaking the earth... ignorant of the effect it would take.

As Helmon wants to escape the other two guards... he suddenly halts as a problem arises within himself.

"Uhm... Un--uncle... do.. do you know... the way.. to go to my house?" Helmon asked acting bashful, which seems to affect the two guards. As a demon, Helmon of course would know how to use emotion and temptation.. as it was the thing that makes him powerful. Having the expertise of using temptation and evilness... Helmon can be considered a powerful kid since he possesses an otherworldly beauty.

"Eh? You.. you don't know you're way back home?" the guard asked, suspicious about something since the kid wasn't like this earlier. Although.. they do not know what happened inside the Forbidden Land.. but as a guard.. they had keen senses.

"Yes... I.. I.. think I got lost going here." Helmon risk of using such an excuse.. but unexpectedly bought by the two guards since it was quite understandable. All kids who wish to enter the Forbidden Land previously were all just actually getting lost as well.

"I see.. Well... can you tell us your name? We can send you back then." the guard asked... lifting his vigil towards the kid. Since it was a place that their mayor is scared of, it wasn't impossible if the kid now who enters it had now become a monster.

"Wel... I.. I don't.. kn.. well.. I'm Rico." Helmon who was supposed to answer no... accidentally finds a handkerchief inside his robe with the kid's name, Rico, embroidered exquisitely.

"Oh.. well... do you know your parents' phone number or any line to call them and inform them that you got lost here?"

"I'm.. I'm sorry. I.. I don't know anything.. like that." Helmon acts like he was about to cry, touching the two guards' hearts.

"Eh.. don't cry.. Rico. We.. we will send you back home." the two guards thought Rico was about to cry knowing he can't go home.. but unknown to their wits.. they got played by Helmon.

"Really? Thank you... Uncle!" Helmon.. using his small figure.. run towards a certain guard before hugging his legs while giving such a lively smile. The other guard got envious about this and lift the kid.. without asking for permission, and Rico, 'Helmon'.. who was supposed to get angry as a stranger held him like that, actually act along... since being fought over was a good feeling.

"Hey.. I'll carry him. You stay here and guard the Forbidden Land." the guard said... wanting to possess the Rico, 'Helmon'. Such lightweight and good scent made him addicted to holding Rico forever.

"No way, Freddie! He.. hugs me first! So you should be the one to stay here and I'll go with him!" the other guard of course wouldn't let Freddie gets what he wants and immediately opposed his proposal.

"Jack... you're a guy with such low tolerance.. so I don't know what you will do to Rico if you sent him back home!" Freddie said.. moving away from Jack with Helmon in his arms, trying to protect the treasure he holds right now.

"Freddie! I'm.. I'm not such a guy like what you think! I would never be a pedophile!" Jack said feeling wronged... Trying to protect his reputation. 

Helmon, of course, would be truly scared of Jack even though what Freddie had said held no truth, but since the kid he possess was such a beauty, he can't help but still worry. Even though he's a demon before... that was just before since he already exchange his previous identity for possession, making his strength right now equal to what a futile kid has since Rico was just too weak. 

"I'm.. I'm scared at.. Uncle!" Helmon acts terrified, as he hugs Freddie.. sprouting envy towards the other guard.

"See that? He's scared of you now, Jack. So just stay here and let me go with him." Freddie said to the other... making the latter unable to rebut.

Looking at the two figures fading into the distance, Jack felt really envious as he assumes Freddie as himself, holding such a great child.. while feeling that small yet attractive body.

"Uncle... is.. is the other uncle.. a bad person?" Helmon asked... even though knowing the true answer.

"Yes! He's bad.. so you better not go closer to him in the future. Especially being alone. That guy doesn't mind doing it with anyone as long as they are beautiful.. be it a child or old.. men or women." Freddie warns Helmon seriously while holding the kid gladly.

"What.. what does uncle talking about?" Helmon acts as if innocent from the sin of the world.. blinking his eyes that send his charm away.

"Nothing.. just forget about it. Well.. do you know where did you walk from earlier? Is it left or right?" The guard asked.. as they reach the intersection street.

Helmon.. who doesn't know anything.. of course, wouldn't know anything and thus unable to answer Freddie.

"Uncle-- I.. I don't know-- the way." Helmon said with teary eyes.. in order for the guard to throw away his suspicion towards him. 

"Eh.. don't cry.. don't cry.. okay? It's will be alright. I'll send you back to your home." Freddie now feels complicated as he never wanted Helmon to cry. It makes him feel like a terrible person who committed an unforgivable sin.

"But.. Un--cle.. I.. do not.." Helmon cries even more.. burying his head in Freddie's chest.. acting like a child crying in his father's embrace.

"Do not cry. It.. will be alright. Your parents and sister will see you again." Freddie pat and comforts Helmon, unexpectedly giving Helmon a piece of useful information.

"Well.. let's just go towards the right then." Freddie just randomly pick a direction before walking.

Helmon.. who was now able to see how the view changed bit by bit.. the emptiness becoming full of establishment crowded with people busy with their own task.. become filled with great excitement and elation. Being a human was really good. He never felt anything or seen anything like this in his previous world.

Feeling that the kid in his arms suddenly changes his emotion.. from seeing the busy street, Freddie is finally able to sigh in relief.

"Well.. do you want to stop for a while and eat?" As Freddie was worried about Helmon getting hungry and thirsty.. since he notice how Helmon looked at people with food and drinks in their hands...asked Helmon.

"Can.. can I?" Despite trying to hide the anticipation... Helmon still becomes obvious.

"Of course. Just wait here for a while.. okay?" Freddie land Helmon on a vacant bench.. before going to the nearby store to buy some food and drinks.

As Helmon saw the running Freddie with food and drinks in his hand.. he can't help but salivate and impatient to taste it. Demons actually never had eaten anything like food except for just evilness and desires of humanities.

"Here." Freddie asked.. happy to see Helmon gladly accept the food he gives him.

As Helmon took the first bite of the food he received.. tears formed in his eyes.. greatly surprising Freddie and the passerby's.

2