Chapter 87.
1.7k 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Uncle, you are here,” Ian said to Mason who walked inside the office with a huge smile. 

“It seems as if things are finally just around the corner after a heck lot of grinding,” Mason said jokingly while taking a seat on the couch that was in Ian’s office room. 

“How is it going with Green Book? Moses nailed the interview pretty well, and it brought a lot of attention towards us, and the nweets, it is all trending, I’m sure Green Book will do great, to be honest,” Ian said with a meaningful smile. 

Green Book has been on his mind a lot recently. Ever since the trailer was out, as much as people talked about Moses and the movie, they also talked a lot about Ian. Since the whole script belonged to Ian, they had made assumptions about how good the movie would be. Even the cast that Moses and Mason had chosen, perfectly suited the roles of the story. 

“Yeah, I’m certain it would, but I’m here to discuss the funds. Where do you think we should seal the deal?”

“Isn’t the donation deal thing already arranged with the Harland Development authority,” Ian questioned back. 

“Are they? Can we call Murphy for a bit?” Mason asked. 

Although Murphy was Ian’s personal assistant, he had handled some finalizing projects of Green Book after Ian got here. It was mainly because Mason’s assistant suddenly wanted a quick leave for a personal reason. 

“Murphy, can you come in for a bit?” Ian asked through the intercom. 

“Sure sir,” Murphy’s voice came through it, and at the next moment, he was standing in front of Ian and Mason. 

“Is the deal with Harland Development settled?” Ian questioned. 

“I forwarded the email to Mr. Mason in the morning, they accepted our request and would come here for a meeting tomorrow morning. Is there any problem, sir?” Murphy questioned. 

“Nah, it’s all good. You can go, thank you,” Ian said and looked at Mason. 

 “I did not check the mailbox today, and yes, it is settled then,”

“Yeah, hope the other deals are settled? The crew, set, and everything else?" Ian questioned Mason. 

"Of course they are. Nothing to worry about," Mason said, taking his phone out and typing things. "Let's invite the executives of the charity service to the premier as guests, it can be done within two days since we still have weeks to go," He continued.

"Yeah okay, get help from Murphy if needed. He is a good guy, helps me with anything and everything," Ian said with a smile. 

 "Yes, I should get going, see you later Ian," Mason said while standing and walking away from the office. He was thinking about everything else he needed to arrange. Since the premier day was just around the corner, no one was able to be free from the responsibilities they had. In fact, the entire team of Green Book was ninety-eight percent done. The rest was the final bits before the premiere, and they would be done in no time as well. 

-

People were flooding the theater and many reporters with cameras from different media channels were waiting outside wanting to get an interview from anyone possible. 

The entire place was crowded and chaotic as people from all over Hollywood wanted to witness another brainchild of the youngest Oscar-winning director and scriptwriter. 

Ian came to the occasion with his date, Eloise. The main reason why Ian thought of taking Eloise was how they were becoming friends and the other reason was how Eloise had no date either. 

On the other hand, many other high-grade actors and actresses were present at the premiere including Hazel, Alexa, and Ryan. 

Ian made sure to invite almost everyone from both his movies and everyone else who he felt important and needed for the premier, including the cast from Batman Begins since it would be his next hit. He was aware of how the people with the microphones would try to make connections among the people who were present at the premiere. As normal as it was, many headlines would be up in the tabloids tomorrow, even if something small went wrong, or the entire thing went too right. That was the risk and the fun of hosting such occasions. 

As they discussed before, the executives from the charity program were also present and were in front of the cameras. 

“I think what the Renner studio is doing with the movie is great. And as far as we know, it is a movie addressing one of the most powerful problems inside the country, and furthermore, the directors have decided to donate the entire profits to a development case. What more can we even ask from the highly influential people in the industry? They for sure inspire everyone else to help with whatever they can, and I think and know that everyone should give this a chance,” It was the project head from the donation project. 

They all had a meeting the other day about the entire situation, and Moses was able to explain how they came up with the idea of it, which they gladly appreciated and admired. 

The reporters then went crazy all over by how Moses and Mason came together, facing the photographs and answering the questions.

After them, it was Ian’s turn to face these people with Eloise by his side. 

“Ian Renner, Ian, how have things been? What do you have to say about this new movie?” A reporter asked, as soon as Ian stood in front of the huge banner with the movie title and front picture. 

“I have been fine,” After the four words, Ian heard someone yelling, ‘congrats on the Oscars’, “Thank you, oh yes, this movie will be eye-opening, award-winning, and simply something that will change the corners of Hollywood. I hope everyone watches the movie because if not, trust me on this, you would be missing out on something very important,” Ian said with a slight smile. 

He felt as if he threatened the people watching it but he covered the sudden outburst with a smile which he had a lot of practice with. 

“You are here with the pretty Eloise Hampton, what do you have to say about the pictures with Hazel? Who are you dating? Is that true that y’all slept together?” Another reporter asked, focusing solely on Ian’s personal life. 

Ian said nothing but smiled at the cameras that the flashlights kept going off. He simply ignored the whole question. Since Eloise was beside him, he could not embarrass her by any means. 

“Eloise! What do you think about the movie? You are here with Ian-” 

Eloise did not seem to care about the questions, she kept smiling broadly while waving at the people who asked the questions. She simply ignored them as it was one of the things she had gotten used to. 

“Tonight is wonderful, looking forward to watching the movie,” She said with a smile. After muttering a little ‘excuse me’, Ian walked with Eloise away from the photographs and towards the people who were waiting to talk with him. 

He met Jackson Corellia who had a huge smile plastered on his face.

“Nice to see you here, Jackson. How have things been?” He questioned Jackson who had a beautiful lady beside him. “You must be Mrs. Corealla. Nice to meet you too, I heard a lot of wonderful things about you, and I must admit it, you are quite talented,” Ian said while gaining smiles from both Jackson and his wife. 

“Oh please, thank you. You are such a talented young man too, and I’m sure Jackson mentioned how I’m willing to get back in the industry, but it would be a shame if the movie is not Resident Evil,” She said, taking Ian by surprise. “Oh, and hello Eloise, how have things been?” She asked, focusing her attention on Eloise. 

Eloise smiled broadly and muttered a simple hi and hugged her. After they detached, Mrs. Corealla focused on Ian. 

“Ahaha… Yeah, I totally agree, but I still did not get time to think about it, and if I do, I would get back to you as soon as possible,” Ian said, muttering a small apology. With everything that had been going on, he could not think about anything else other than Batman and the release of Green Book. 

His hand then went to lay on the bare back of Eloise’s dress. 

“I have to meet Mr. Owens over there, another executive from the charity program, can we catch up later?” Ian asked with a smile from Jackson. 

“Of course, sure, please go ahead,” They said while tangling their hands and walking away from the spot. 

After Eloise and Ian walked away from Jackson and his wife, Eloise turned to look at Ian. 

“I have to meet those people over there, meet here in five?” Eloise questioned, smiling, knowing photographs have probably been taken non-stop. 

“Yeah, sure. Enjoy,” Ian muttered. 

Ian then walked towards the executives and the people from the charity association considering that he personally invested a lot of money as donations. Since it was from his own pocket, Ian’s main goal was to purely help the charity program. Yet, it unknowingly made Ian’s philanthropy side appear. 

“Good to see you people here. How are things going so far?” Ian joined the conversation with a little greeting. They both were tall and bald, almost like twins, yet there was no connection other than they worked in the same firm. 

[...]

“Ian totally ignored my questions!” The paparazzi man who asked questions about Ian’s dating life shared the disappointment with the other people around him.

“I know right, these celebrities and their dating history, find something you can make a good story about, other than that. Asking them about stuff like that is mostly useless in my opinion,” a female paparazzi said with a shrug knowing the true colors of Hollywood. 

“Something I noticed was how Ian has a thing for Blondes and Redheads. I mean, see, Alexa, Hazel, and Eloise wouldn’t that be a great story? Oh, there’s Ian,” The man said, taking his microphone again and running towards where Ian was. 

“Ian! Ian! One more question!” The yelling grabbed Ian’s attention, yet he was surrounded by other people and he worried that something bad would be coming. “Do you have a thing for blondes and redheads?! Answer please!” 

The man was suddenly taken away from the bodyguards. 

“I never realized, do I?” Ian muttered to the people around him who just chuckled at his words.  Something he was not aware of was what was yet to be revealed, soon enough. 

||__A word from me__||

-> Click on that heart!!
-> Join the d iscord server to hang out!
https://discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv (Join!)
-> You can read 6, 13, or 20!! chapters in advance and support me through, -patreon
https://www.patreon.com/TC_L (Tier prices are low!)

37