Chapter 89. [Bonus!]
1.7k 1 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[14th of February, 2019]

It was finally the day when the Green Book would be released to screens all over the country. After the premiere, people were overly excited when they got to read and know about the reviews that the critics had mentioned while talking about Green Book.

"Honey, we haven't even decided what the movie would be," Noah said to his girlfriend in just above a whisper.

"For the past two weeks we have been dating, when did we ever plan anything Noah? I can't believe we have been best friends, and now you are saying this in front of the theatre?!" The girl looked beyond mad for some reason.

Noah quickly kissed the girl's cheek and smiled cheekily. "You should calm down a bit, it is not good for the baby,"

"I feel like the only thing you care about these days is the baby,"

"Alright, that is enough, let's grab you something to eat,"

Her girlfriend was found two weeks pregnant by a nightstand. Noah loved her even before they started dating and while they were pretending to have fun in the name of 'best friends'. His feelings grew stronger for her, yet they started to date right after she got to know that she was pregnant with his son and was two weeks in.

For the past couple of days, they had been roaming around the city trying everything possible, before they started to think about parenthood. Their parents had to go on with the whole situation due to how they could not let them not take responsibility for their own actors.

Today it was a date night. But Ava was feeling extra edgy due to how he had been behaving for the past couple of days. He had been super clingy, and that was totally not her type.

After two burgers from the nearest burger hut, which was already crowded with people who wanted to get a good taste of burgers, they went inside the theatre which was already crowded for a reason that they could not figure out completely.

"This is the second time we are going to stand in the queue, I just hope the movie would be something worthy of watching," Ava said while looking at him.

"Let's hope so, how are you feeling now though?" Noah questioned rubbing her belly.

"Meh, I'm alright. Don't worry about me too much babe. It will all be fine,"

"Food can do wonders for a girl," Noah said and kissed her forehead.

-

After waiting for over twenty minutes in the queue, they finally got two tickets for the third screening of the day, of a movie called 'Green Book'.

"Ian Renner? I have heard the name but this would be the first time that I am going to watch a movie by him. Heard he is young as fuck, I just hope our anniversary movie night would not be ruined by a poor movie date," Ava said while giving puppy eyes to Noah.

"It will be fine, let's hope so," He whispered and kissed her head.

The movie started. At first, their hands were entangled, Ava's head was on his shoulder and they were feeling quite comfortable with each other. But as soon as the movie started, both of them got totally focused on what was showing on the screen. In fact, they got absorbed by the acting skills of the actors.

"It is… Yes…  I'm sure...Thank you for calling...Goodbye." The screen showed how Dolores hung up on the phone call.

"What he say?" Lip questioned his wife who was looking at him.

"He wanted to know if I'd be okay with him taking my husband away from his family for two months. He said he'd pay you what you asked for." Dolores said and rolled away from him. Lip on the other hand looked surprised as ever.

"It's good money, Dolores. You know we need it. I can't be eatin' thirty hot dogs every day," Lip said looking at Dolores making sure she receives the message of how desperate he needs the current job. 

"I know...I said it was okay for you to go," Dolores welled up after saying those words.

[...] "Got any family, Doc?" Lip questioned Dr. Shirley.

"They are getting closer now," Ava whispered to Noah not wanting to grab anymore pairs of eyes.

"Yeah, I can see that baby, are you hungry?" Noah whispered back. Listening to it, she rolled her eyes and slapped his hand.

"I'm not hulk's wife to eat a lot of stuff just because I'm hungry, but I'm hungry," she said and pouted. Although Noah could not see shit in the darkness, he felt the expression of his lady.

"Take this," He took his popcorn which was on the handle of the seat, and gave it to her. "Here's my drink too, enjoy," he said while kissing her forehead.

"I have a brother somewhere. We used to get together once in a while...but it got more and more difficult to keep in touch. That's the curse of being a musician-- you're always on the road, like a carnival worker, or a criminal." A sudden break was there in the words of Dr. Shirley. "It took a toll on my marriage as well,"

It showed how Lip glanced at the rearview mirror.

"You're married?" Lip questioned again.

"Was," Dr. Shirley muttered shortly.

The car drove for a few more minutes in silence. "June was a good person--terrible grammar, but a kind soul. Unfortunately, I didn't have the constitution to do a husband act as well as a concert pianist act. I couldn't balance both worlds." Dr. Shirley finally opened up to Lip and whispered what happened to his marriage.

"Aww," Ava said with a sniff.

'Pregnant ladies' Noah thought while shaking his head. 'Hormones' he added quite later.

[...] "They were wrong for the way they treated me, and you rewarded them," The screen displayed an angry Dr. Shirley, his eyes were bruised and his lips were slightly swollen.

"I was hired to make sure you get from one show to the next. How I do it shouldn't matter to you." Lip muttered back.

"I just wish you hadn't paid them off." Dr. Shirley was feeling beyond expressible.

"I did what I had to do. You know, if this got out it would kill your career!"

"Okay, Tony, quit your phony altruism and concern for my career." Dr. Shirley was not looking calm by any means.

"What the hell does that mean?" Lip questioned back.

"You were only thinking about yourself back there, because you know if I miss a show, it comes out of your pocket,"

"Of course, I don't want you to miss a show, you ungrateful bastard! You think I'm doing this for my health?! Tonight I saved your ass, so show a little appreciation. Besides, I told you never to go nowhere without me!" Lip was feeling angry based on the fact that Dr. Shirley was not feeling grateful because he saved his ass.

Shirley calmed down visibly and replied, "I assumed you would want this to be the exception"

Then it showed how Lip gets in the car without opening Shirley's door. Shirley stood alone a moment, then opened his own door.

[...] "Well, come on, make some room! Get the man a plate!" The person who was at the dinner table yelled at everyone.

The entire house of Lip was decorated in Christmas decorations and they all had the Christmas vibe going all around them. Although Lip was somewhat late to the family Christmas dinner, he was able to attend and that was what mattered. After a while, the door knocked revealing a Dr. Shirley with a bottle of champagne.

Lip hugged him and welcomed him with all his heart. During the moment, their bond of friendship had grown quite a lot and they both were closer than ever. It showed how much of a great character development Lip had.

From the start where he practically tried to throw the glasses from which the black workers had drank lemonade, to where he hugged his friend very tightly who was a black man by birth.

"You must be Dolores." As Lip's wife got closer, Shirley asked with a smile. He handed her the bottle of champagne. And she smiled back.

"Buon Natale. Thank you for sharing your husband with me." Shirley muttered looking at her.

"Aww, I'm gonna cry!" Ava said while sniffling yet again.

"You already are crying honey, come here," Noah said and grabbed her face closer to his shoulder.

It showed Dolores and Dr. Shirley hugging tightly while she whispered something in his ears.

"And thank you for helping with the letters." She muttered. The tight hug held both of them for some more minutes and they detached looking into each other, while he nodded and smiled as if to say 'welcome' for what she said.

'THE END'

The movie ended just like that, and Ava was crying her eyeballs out in the hands of her husband. Just like the little couple, everyone else was feeling wholesome with all of the thoughts they had inside them as one country. They all felt it equally and with no remorse, they absorbed the content of the story to the core of their hearts.

The blockbuster numbers said a lot of information that Ian deserved to know about the movie. And that would be for the next chapter.

||__A word from me__||

-> Click on that heart!!
-> Join the d iscord server to hang out!
https://discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv (Join!)
-> You can read 6, 13, or 20!! chapters in advance and support me through, -patreon
https://www.patreon.com/TC_L (Tier prices are low!)

39