Chapter 124
1.3k 0 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[SYSTEM NOTICE: Read 6, 7, or 13 advanced chapters of Hollywood King in -Patreon/TC_L and support the author. Happy reading fellow people!]

*

*

4 pm – Grauman’s Chinese Theatre

The red carpet was extended towards the place right where people stopped to get off of their expensive vehicles. These ‘people’ being actors, actresses, directors, and their respective families, the premiere for Crazy. Stupid, Love was ready to happen right in thirty minutes. 

“Thirty minutes?! Ah, is Mr. Renner yet to come?!” The event coordinator asked through the microphone which was attached to her. 

“Yes, I guess so. But he must be here at any moment, no joking, I’m kind of freaking out.”

“It’s not you who should be— Ow! Who kept these boxes here?!” The man almost tripped over the pile of boxes.

Zoning out from the workers who wore black, and kept an eye on everything that was happening behind the cameras, the focus could be taken to the people who held cameras right on the side of the red carpet. 

They were all equally excited to get a glimpse of who is going to be on the special occasion. 

To think of how much of a long journey that the Renner Studio had come, currently, there were more than twenty reporters from each different channel all around the US, that were ready and steady to get what the studio was up to. 

During the first premiere of the first movie, Renner Studio distributed, not even half the fame they got was there. Nevertheless, within a matter of few seconds, there’d be a crowd flooding, and stars shining outside the theatre!

“Oh my God! Oh my God! Will we get to see Ryan Gosling? I’m a huge fan! Did the event start?! No, please!” A girl wearing spectacles asked while her eyes widened in fear of losing out the entrance of her favorite celebrity.

“No, Not yet. As far as we know, only just some of the crew members walked in from the red carpet.”

“Ah, good grief!”

The entire premise was covered in the crowd. The pavement across the red carpet was already taken with men and women who were hanging putting all their weight on the pavement divider. 

Their phones were in their hand, and smiles were exchanged with talk. 

Not long after five to ten seconds, a black limousine pulled up in front of the theatre revealing none other than Ian Renner. 

“Ian, you’re here for?” A reporter asked as soon as he got out of the car. 

“Grand premiere of Crazy, Stupid, Love,” Ian said and waved his hand to all the people who cheered. 

Although he was wearing his shades, the flashlights going on and off made his eyes blink to adjust. 

“Ian Renner, what are your thoughts on your movie? I mean, you are already a hit in the industry…”

“Ah, hello there.” Ian had to turn to his left to meet the guy who was holding his camera toward Ian. “So, as the word is already out, Crazy, Stupid, Love, is a romantic comedy; which not just a single age group, but altogether almost anyone can watch. Also, Ryan starring in the movie… I bet many of y’all are already in the hype to watch the movie. The trailer got so much positive feedback, so, looking forward to sharing the movie with everyone,” Ian said and smiled. 

He took off his shades after a while. 

“Ian, can you please look at the camera?” Another reporter shouted.

“Of course, hey!” Ian said and smiled at the camera. 

While Ian was still standing in front of the cameras, other cars, including Mason, Ryan Gosling, Scarlett Johnson, and many other actors and actresses came through it. 

Not just the stars who acted in the movie, but also every other invited important people came one by one. 

“Ian Renner, good to see you,” Jackson Corealla walked behind Ian and grabbed his attention. 

He was dressed in a black suit with a red tie which made Jackson stand up even more good-looking. 

“Ah, nice to see you here!” 

Ian and he started talking to each other, while the camera flashes went on and off. 

“Mr. Corealla! How have you been?” A reporter asked loudly. 

Jackson nodded at Ian implying something and turned to answer the man in with the microphone. 

“I’ve been great….And it’s good to meet everyone, including seeing the fans in such an event considering Ian over here, is very talented and I’m sure this movie would also be a banger. Also….”

Taking the big picture into consideration, stars and celebrities wearing different sorts of dresses kept wandering here and there on the red carpet. 

“Hello, Los Angeles! Today, we are here at the premiere of Crazy, Stupid, Love! Live from the Grauman’s Chinese theatre! As you all can see, the red carpet is filled with so many stars! Considering this is a movie from our famous young director, Ian Renner… The excited cheers are something we could not avoid. 

Stars including Noah Lincoln here, and right now. With us, there’s Eloise Hampton, who starred in Ian’s previous movie, La La Land. Hello, how are you feeling tonight?”

The camera shifted to Eloise. She was wearing a long black sparkling dress, considering it was an evening event. She had long silver earrings to match the dress, and even her make-up looked perfect on her skin. 

“I’m feeling very great honestly. How are you?” She asked back. 

“I’m fine too, thank you for asking. That’s very kind of you. And the question is, is it true that you were called to act the role which Scarlett was starring in Crazy, Stupid, Love?”

“Ah yes–” She chuckled. “My schedule was already taken with so many other tasks and filming which I was busy for the past couple of months. But, I’m pretty sure that Scarlett did a great job. She’s a talented actress who basically can pull off anything thrown in her way, considering how dedicated she is with her career.”

“Yes, does that mean you guys know each other? Or are you a fan of her acting?”

“Both. Both to be honest. And what I love about her is, how generous she is—” 

Right when they were talking about Scarlett, she appeared with a bright smile popping her dimples out. 

“Heyyyyy!” Eloise welcomed her with a kiss on the side of her face. 

-

After more than an hour of the red carpet interviews, all the celebrities were settled in their seats. 

The front rows were reserved. And in a while, everyone was seated and ready to start the movie. 

In a bit, Ian walked up to the stage. He was dressed in a black three-piece. The regular smile, that he put in front of the cameras was plastered on his face. 

The crowd erupted for a round of applause. 

“The director of Crazy, Stupid, Love, everyone. Ian Renner!” The man who had the microphone said while giving space for Ian and taking a few steps behind to give him the spotlight. 

The crowd clapped again. 

“Hello everyone!” He said. The cheers went up again and died in a split second. “Five years ago, if I said I’d be standing here, it would have been a joke to me and everybody else. But today, I’m here. I should thank my dad, who left me a great gift to work on—the studio. And I invite all of you to watch the movie, then, I’ll talk again afterward. Enjoy!” He said shortly while everyone clapped again. 

The claps were endless considering how much of a celebratory moment it was. 

The entire theatre darkened, and the movie began. 

-

R.S. Chandler was an old director, who was judgemental in the definition of the word itself. 

No matter how good their fellow people in his directors are, he has his superiority complex which sometimes gave him the courage and confidence he wanted while dealing with his career moments. 

Just like every other director present at the moment, he got invited.

“I’m not sure if this would be something we want to watch. The name itself is cheeky enough.” He said whispering to his career-mate, who was there during his ups and downs. 

“The young man is popular–” Chandler’s friend applauded when the movie started along with others. “—Heard he is talented as well. Judge the movie for later, enjoy it while you can!” 

“Meh, you know me.”

The movie began and everyone went silent.

In the front of the theatre, there was the cast and the crew who helped in making the movie script coming to a reality. 

“Yeah!” Ryan shouted while Steve Carell came to the screen. 

“Woooh!” Scarlett clapped along with him. 

They all had smiles of pride plastered on their faces. Not to the fact that it was their effort, but to the fact that they were able to pull such a thing off with no problem. 

And the crowd that was presented at the theatre, made them internally happy. 

“Ah! My favorite scene! Look at you! Still cracks me just as day one!”

“Ahahah… Look at that!” 

“I never knew this was this good! Who thought I looked like that?!”

“What the f—I’m going to help you rediscover your manhood! Haha!”

“Oh, God! I’m sure I’ll watch this again with my family! Hahahahah!”

They had different comments shared among themselves throughout the movie. Not just them, everyone including even Chandler had chuckles, giggles, and loud laughter erupting for how funny the movie was. 

*

*

*

"Ladies and gentlemen, Captain TC, has finally turned on the 'Click on the heart' sign.

If you haven't already done so, please click that 'heart' thing on your screen. Also, make sure to put your seatbelt in so that you'll get the next update as a notification in your screen panel.

If you are seated next to an emergency exit, and on the verge of shutting your phone off, just know that the director (Ian) you have been following for months, is now about to take a flight to reach the crown of Hollywood.

We remind you that this is a non-smoking flight. Smoking is prohibited on the entire aircraft, including the lavatories. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying the lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited by law.

If you have any thoughts about our flight today, please don't hesitate to let the author know, since she loves to know your thoughts and ideas.

Thank you!"

[Final system notification before take-off: Join the discord server, so that the landing might be easy with no bumpy phase; https://discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv]

30