Chapter 131.
1.2k 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read 6,13, or 20 advanced chapters, visit my -patreon page, -Patreon/TC_L. Tier prices are low, support me!]

At Renner Studio, Head Office, California.

Ian Renner was currently reading and checking the financial statement of the month, considering it was payday.

"Excuse me, sir. Mr. Grey is here," Murphy said with an excited smile.

"Send him in," Ian reciprocated the smile.

Walking in, Christopher had a huge smile plastered on his face. As he was elected as the Senator of California this morning, the next place he traveled was to see Ian.

"Ian." Christopher walked around and pulled Ian for a hug.

"Congratulations, senator. Good to see you right after taking your position."

"I just wanted to say a quick hello. How have things been going?" He asked and took a seat in front of Ian.

"Everything is normal."

"Crazy, Stupid, Love was really a nice watch."

"You watched it? Now that was unexpected," Ian said raising his eyebrow.

"Ah well, what's more, unexpected is how the votes kept increasing from the start. And since I achieved what I waited for, the party will happen tonight. I'll see you then?" Christopher asked.

"Yeah, sure. You look extra young today."

"Haha… Happiness makes people young. And the thing is—"

"Huh?" Ian saw a doubt dancing in his expression.

"Well the thing is, during the entire process, with the campaigns and everything, my colleagues were extra surprised. And, obviously, almost everyone knows you helped me a bit, but the help I received was not a 'bit'. So, I have a feeling that they are going to dig up stuff about our connection. And that is a given."

"Hmm, is that so? They asked from you or are they doing it behind your back?" Ian asked wanting to get quite a grasp of the situation.

If this would eff Christopher up, this would affect Ian's reputation as well.

"Not really, but I have connections in the places they work and stuff. So, I got to hear things. Can't really blame them, the suspicion is legit when I hyped up my campaign. What I'm scared of is that, what if other candidates are connected to this? This would be a huge thing." Christopher said with his expressions more serious than ever.

"Well, don't worry. I have an idea. Tonight's party would not be held at yours but mine. Renner Mansion at Beverly Hills is something basically everyone knows. Would it be hard to spread the word?" Ian asked.

"Not really, but what's your plan? Is this some sort of—"

"Hmm… A formal charity event. But the main theme would be a party to celebrate your victory and to raise funds. During this, I think I can get a hold of some of those colleagues of yours, and make deals."

"Uh, are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, I'm. As I said before, this could benefit both of us, so if you're okay with it, let's hold the function. I can talk with the Charity foundation, so the entire event would be legit." Ian said with a smile.

Christopher understood this. He nodded, "Sure. Are you busy right now? Or can we go grab a coffee?"

"Ah, we don't wanna be seen yet. I'll invite you for lunch later." Ian said with a smile.

Ian knew that even Christopher was aware of the situation, and he asked just to show his generosity, considering it wouldn't have been fair if he just left.

-

Everything was ready for the charity party.

Since it was not a party for a bunch of teenagers, the entire mansion looked gorgeous.

Glass gold was everywhere, and the long table with chairs was neatly kept.

The event was held to raise funds, and Ian had the idea of donating a sizable amount to a few colleagues of Christopher, who wanted to pay close attention to how Christopher had made his dreams come true. 

With the clock striking 7.30, guests started filling in.

In a while, many politicians, powerful and from Christopher's political party started to flood the mansion.

Mason, Valerine welcomed the people to the party. Powerful people like the Attorney General of the state of California, the representative of the 3rd district, and senator of the New York City were invited.

That barely summed up who Christopher had invited. Considering all of them were from Christopher's party, Ian had requested Mason and Valerine to take good care of them until Ian arrived.

The party started after a while, and Ian was fashionably late. Since it was a private party, the security was tight and there were no paparazzi involved.

But once he came, he wanted to grab the attention of the people present. At Ian's command, Valerine went ahead and tapped the glass from the spoon.

*Clink Clink Clink Clink*

Eyes turned to look at Ian.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Ian Renner, and I hope everyone knows it. Nice to see all these people tonight considering how we all are here gathered to celebrate the victory of Christopher, alongside helping the state with this charity event.

All the donations would straightaway go to the Hope Foundation, which have proved how generous they are with the needy for over twenty-seven remarkable years. Thank you, Mr. White, for being here today. Mr. White is the CEO of Hope Foundation, who was also kind enough to put forward his ideas to help the state's needs.

And if we're talking about my partner, Christopher Grey… He is a kind man. I sure can see him having the entire state in his favor by the next general election. So, congratulations again. Most importantly, have fun everyone!

With that being said, the dance floor is open, please join me!"

Ian said while everyone clapped for which he bowed with a small thank you.

Walking to the dance floor with a lady who stood to his left, he started dancing. Soon, many people joined him yet from the corner of his eyes, he saw how a certain few eyes were focused on him. Instead of smiles, they had frowns on their face. Ian smiled back at the man who wore a black suit, who immediately looked away.

"Mr. Ian, why are you doing this? I thought the party was supposed to be held at the resort. And, it is honestly surprising to see how you and Christopher started a friendship out of nowhere…" 

The question took Ian by surprise. Although he was ready with answers to the questions that could have been thrown at him tonight, the straight gesture with the question was something he didn't expect. 

Looking at the old man, with a white beard, Ian nodded before replying, making sure to let him know he heard him.

"Well, the thing is, Mr…"

"Jason. Jason Whittaker."

"Mr. Whittaker, well, don't worry about it. A man can have many friends, can't they now?" Ian said with a smirk, which the old man nodded in understanding. He knew exactly what he meant.

Ian's main focus for the night was to get the support and form a power block inside the senate and congress of their own. The man in front of him was yet another very influential person.

"And, the event being held at this place, was completely my idea considering how he wanted to hold a charity event right after his win. And, this was the best idea I could come up with. I'm sorry the initial plans were canceled which honestly had nothing to do with me, but I think this would be a great opportunity to help the people who need the help from the rich of society."

The answer completely shut him off. 

"Ian, I watched your latest movie, and you've outdone yourself."

Another lady joined the men who were talking among themselves.

"Ah, thank you. How is your night going?"

[...] The evening went in a good way, and within two hours, Ian had completely secured himself 30% of the congress seats. And almost there to reach his next goal.

"Ah, Ian. Ian! How is it going?" Christopher walked towards Ian with his glass of drink for the night.

"Trust me, better than I expected. The giveaways are quite useful tonight and—"

"The politicians are greedy anyway. There were also those people who worked for some of my colleagues, and the way they kept an eye on me is extremely uncomfortable."

Both of them laughed knowing it was the same for them. Despite Ian's attempts of making friends, he got stares which made the back skin of his neck rise in alert.

"Yeah, well. When will you start things in your position?"

"Day after tomorrow. I'm going to sober up tomorrow, and rest a bit before getting into the position—"

"Christopher and Ian! Aren't these the closest friends?" A woman wearing pink lipstick approached them.

'Ah fuck!' Ian cursed inwardly.

"Mrs. Constantinople, good to see you tonight," Ian said, faking to match her energy.

"Nice to see you here."

"Congratulations, Christopher. To be honest, I think that–" She paused gulping the rest of her drink. "I truly think that you deserve the position. You have proved and created a huge base of people in the public for your good work. And ever since I met you in 2014, you have come quite a long way. The campaigns were well planned, and oh-" she raised her eyebrow at the two silent gentlemen. "Does the campaign have anything to do with you, Ian? Maybe you invested in this politician over here?"

"Oh well, Mrs. Constantinople, our friendship is nothing of your worries, but making friends is something beneficial for everyone here. Isn't it?" Ian asked with a neutral face.

"Of course not, of course not. Ah, Mr. Royce. See you gentlemen around, again, congratulations, Christopher!" She said and walked away.

The main goal of the party was achieved. Yet Ian continued to make connections through and through. 'Powerful friends can never be enough until you know how to play them without getting caught.'

-

A/N: Hm, I'm quite not sure about the political part, but it seemed to be essential. After a few more semi-arcs, and when Ian has 100% political support, there'd be no more political drama, so do not worry. HK is not... about politics. :)

Have you clicked on the heart yet? If not, go ahead and do it!

Also, join our discord server -> https://discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv

29