Chapter 179 | France
947 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The decision to make a solo trip to France was one of the best decisions he had ever made in his life. The fact that he did not have to worry about how other people would feel was a huge relief for him. It also helped ease his mind and made it easier to travel. Being a millionaire, he didn't have to worry about money either. This allowed him to fully enjoy himself on his journey. In order to avoid any danger from the paparazzi, he had sufficiently disguised himself. Even though they were infrequent and relatively uninterested in him here, than they were back home, he felt free while he had the disguise on. He could walk freely down the street without having to constantly be cautious of anyone trying to take pictures of him. There was nothing more relaxing than walking down an empty street with no paparazzi around at all. If only he had this luxury back home...he thought as he walked along.

While he traveled abroad, he was always careful to check the news on TV or read the newspaper every day so he wouldn't miss out on anything big happening back in Los Angeles, and Hollywood. But when he checked the morning newspapers yesterday, he realized there hadn't been anything big that happened since last week. Even the media presence outside his studio headquarters in LA, there was nothing of importance in the papers. He decided to enjoy himself to the fullest.

He wanted to use this vacation, as a way to reinvent himself. He wanted to leave behind his old image. He wanted to show off a new self to the world. He knew that the press would be after him for stories once again, but he couldn't care less about them anymore. He just wanted to live like he used to before the paparazzi came chasing him everywhere he went. That was what he really needed right now. He felt he still had much more to explore within himself. And he figured it was about time he started to do so. He'd had enough of people wanting to manipulate him, and make a profit out of him. Now was his chance to start anew. He had to find his own voice once again, and speak his own truth without being influenced by others.

After making sure everything was perfect at the hotel and checking into his room, he left his luggage in his hotel room, and took a walk around Paris. While walking through the streets, he noticed something was different about the city itself. It was quiet and peaceful. No one was bothering each other, no yelling or fighting. Everything just felt...calm and pleasant. It was as if everyone was enjoying themselves and having a good time here. He felt a calm and peace settle over him too. It seemed like he was in the most comfortable place ever, even though he had never been to Paris before in his life.

It was then that he realized that maybe this was exactly what he needed right now.

This feeling of comfort and serenity...

"Ahh..." he sighed happily. "I've finally found my haven!"

That was when he suddenly remembered the reason why he came here in the first place: to escape from the madness of Hollywood. He had come here in hopes of starting a new beginning...or perhaps re-inventing himself. But now he wondered; is it even possible for me to do that here?

He looked up at the sky and smiled to himself. "Well whatever happens I'm going to enjoy myself anyway," he said, as he put his hand to his cheek and rubbed it slowly as he kept walking.

"Let's see where this path will lead me today."

 

***********

 

The auditions for the lead role of ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ were underway. And Raelynn already had a massive headache having to sit in the casting director’s chair and evaluate each performance separately. While RedHub TV had sent some phenomenal actors to audition for the role, they had apparently sent men who were more inclined towards a more rugged, action-packed movie, rather than a fun-filled rom-com.

“Ugggh, apart from Jason Wills, there hasn’t been a single audition that has really stood out. All of the rest suit an action drama more than a rom-com.” Raelynn complained to her friend, Nico who was happily sipping on a caramel Frappuccino and enjoying his friend’s plight. He had only showed up to support his friend. He had no idea what was necessary for the casting of the film. But, he was enjoying the slow torment of Rae, as she tried to politely reject at least fifty actors from RedHub.

Jason Wills was an up-and-coming actor that had debuted a couple of years ago in a television series about high school drama. The show had aired on TV and was later moved over to Goofy’s Streaming service. He was the right age and had experience in portraying a teenager, considering he was rather young in the industry.

“Well, on the bright side. That was the end of the list from RedHub. How many free agents have you called for the audition?” Nico asked as he peered over her shoulder and into her list.

“Just the one, Keanu Reeves.” She replied, “And seeing his file, he seems too old for the role. But, his facial structure and range of emotions, from the few clips he sent us at least showed that he is talented.”

“Well, I’ll have Murphy send him in,” Nico said and he went out to do just that.

Within a minute, the aforementioned man was standing in the middle of the seat, looking at home and comfortable. Though, Raelynn could identify a glimmer of nervousness that was very well masked in his comfortable façade.

“Well, Mr. Reeves, you have read the script. Tell me what you think about the character that you’re auditioning for, and why do you think that you will fit the role?” Raelynn asked as she too adopted a professional tone to carry on the final audition.

“Well, my understanding of the character, Ferris Bueller, is of a teen hero who is smug, charming, and charismatic, and also the master of the art of truancy. Ferris is also very appealing because he is disobedient and a rule breaker but never really a problem. He is extremely innovative, as witnessed by his contraption designed to prevent being discovered as a truant should anyone come to his home. He is the poster child for every one of us who has wanted to cut school and get out into the world and do something wilder than sit in school counting down the hours until graduation and the very last bell rings. I admit that am on the older side of the actors that auditioned today, but I am confident that I will be able to portray him perfectly.” Keanu Reeves said, after a moment of thought.

Raelynn nodded, that was a pretty accurate analysis of the character.

‘At least he has the character down correctly’ She thought, and she could see that he dressed up to that effect as well. He had short hair, and the beard that made him look older was clean-shaven. He was wearing a plaid jacket and jeans. And he had casual sneakers as shoes. He looked a lot younger than his actual age was.

“All right, Mr. Reeves. You have a good understanding of the character. I’d like you to act out the marked scene in the script. You have five minutes.” She said, and nodded at Nico to keep an eye on the clock.

Keanu took a minute to parse through the script again, all the hopeful actors had been provided a single scene from the script, and a heavily redacted version.

He turned to the extras on set and took his seat between them.

They're sitting in a booth in the garish, nearly deserted strip joint. Cameron's mouth is open in amazement. Sloane is embarrassed and revolted.

“How does she do that? One goes one way, one goes the other.” The extra portraying Cameron says.

“She's probably schizophrenic,” Keanu replies, as he acts as if he’s watching something amazing.

“Ferris, this is nauseating me. Really. I'm losing respect for you by the bucket.”

Keanu turns to her in surprise and questions “You don't think it's amazing that we got in?”

The extra contorts her face in disgust and replies “Who wants to get in?”

“Cameron looks like a toddler, for Christ's sake. I'm talking about a major achievement in false identification.” He explains to her.

“I'm not interested in watching someone jiggle their mammary glands.” The extra replies sarcastically.

 “Point well taken. But consider why she does it. Why she does it and you don't.” Keanu replies.

“I'm not a tramp.” She replies in disgust.

“Maybe her life fell apart. Maybe she lost somebody. A lover. A boyfriend. A parent. A child...” He explains to her, as he gets up from the seat.

“Stop.” Raelynn’s voice cuts through.

-

If you're enjoying Hollywood King so far, you can,

- Vote!
- Joining the discord server -> https://-discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv
- Supporting me through -patreon by reading 6,13 or 20!!! chapters in advance! -> https://www.-patreon.com/TC_L

20